Video gaming news!

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've been playing KOTOR a litte... the controling will take some time to get used to. I know there are side stories everywhere in this game, but I'm not sure when I'm on a side story or the main story... like the dueling battles... do I have to win all of those duels, or can I finish the main story without it?
  2. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, we finally have the end-all be-all PSP information! just released today no less! Beside the whole "it can push # polygons and has <insert technical mumbo-jumbo here>" here is the nitty-gritty. Releasing Dec. 12 in Japan, Before march 2005 here, and before June 2005 in Europe. It will cost between $185 and $200 for the system alone, and around $250 for the bundle pack (system, strap, extra battery, ac adapter, memory card, toaster oven, so on and so on). Games will be between $30 and $50, abnd here are teh launch titles for Japan:

? Gran Turismo 4 Mobile (Japanese) - Racing
    ? Metal Gear Acid (Japanese) - Action Adventure
    ? Vampire Chronicles The Chaos Tower (Japanese) - Fighting
    ? Puyo Puyo Fever (Japanese) - Puzzle
    ? Ridge Racer (Japanese) - Racing
    ? Need For Speed Underground (Japanese) - Racing
    ? Armored Core: Formula Front (Japanese) - Simulation
    ? Puzzle Bobble Pocket (Japanese) - Puzzle
    ? Shin Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors) (Japanese) - Action
    ? Minna no Golf Portable (Japanese) - Sports/Golf
    ? Mahjong Fight Club (Japanese) - Mah Jong
    ? Kollon (Japanese) - Puzzle
    ? Dokodemo Issho (Japanese) - Puzzle
    ? Rengoku The Tower of Purgatory (Japanese) - Action Adventure
    ? Legend of Heroes: Gagharv Trilogy (Japanese) - RPG
    ? Go (A. I. Series) (Japanese) - Board Game
    ? Shogi (A. I. Series) (Japanese) - Japanese Chess
    ? Mahjong (A. I. Series) (Japanese) - Mah Jong
    ? Word Puzzle Mojipittan (Japanese) - Puzzle
    ? Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Japanese) - Sports/Golf
    ? Mahjong Taikai (Japanese) - Mah Jong
    ? Lumines (Japanese) - Puzzle

The system will have a battery life of 4-6 hours of gaming and 4-5 of movie watching. It will have Wifi b capabilities. I am going to wait for this one a little bit. I am always wary of a new system on the market, so if this does turn out to be as good as they are making it sound, I will probably get one around June.
  3. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Is that Mahjong Fight Club a serious title or one of your evil ploys? If it is serious, then I'm going to have a good hearty laugh, but if not then I'll just do a little chuckle.
  4. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, those are the Japanese launch titles, pulled straight from www.Lik-Sang.com (import video game site), so I am guessing that that is the true title of that game.
  5. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, got a Nintendo DS today. so here is my quick review! the system itself is pretty big. the screens are both larger than the gameboy advance and the system is about a half centimeter taller than the GBA. the lay out is pretty nice similar to a SNES controller, 4 face buttons, start, select and 2 shoulders. the touch screen is really responsive and doesn't seem prone to scratching. the system comes with a demo of metroid and pictochat. Pictochat is a bluetooth chat, doodle program. not having anyone near me with one, I don't know how good chatting is on it. but i did draw some obscene pictures on it and chuckled (don't judge, you know you would too). the metroid game is freakin rad. it looks just like the gamecube version. the controls were weird and took a bit to get used to. you used the face buttons to move and strafe, the shoulder buttons to shoot and the touch screen to aim, choose weapons and turn into the morph ball, and that brigns me to the only thing I think is kinda wonky on the system. using the touch screen to move. the system came with a thumb nub to use for that purpose and it helps but it takes a long time to get used to it. my hand kept falling asleep for about 3 hours. i guess its better than using a stylus for it.

I also got Super Mario 64 DS. Wow. its just like the N64 version but witha crapload of stuff added. it looks great, controls well and is pretty hard. I love it. and for $29.99 it feels like a total steal. overall rating on the system and games 8.7. the only thing I would change is make a better thumb nub.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.