main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Video Issues in Firefox V 21, 22

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LAJ_FETT , Aug 12, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was having an issue playing imbedded Youtube videos here - the video either stays black or just sits there loading. I tried a few at random on Youtube with the same result. So I googled around and found it is a known issue with Firefox v 21 and 22.

I've got FF v 22 and Shockwave Flash version 11.8.800.94. One of the sites I Googled said to turn off the Firefox Crash Reporter. Sounded dumb but it works! If you have the same issue you can turn it off at Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Data Choices and untick Enable Crash Reporter. You may have to restart the browser for it to take effect - I did.

However, this seems to be a hit-and-miss fix as it sometimes works and then will not again on the same video. Anyone having a better fix feel free to let us know.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Have you tried Firefox v23?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not yet, due to the edit issue brought up in a different thread here. So far the video issue is the only problem I've found with v 22.