main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Videogame Draft Tournament: Concluded (Congrats Shadow_of_Durron!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    While his logic is off, I think Batpooh made the right calls on all the matches.

Nintendo (Winners) Bracket:

The Immortals(1) vs. Cobra Kai Dojo(5)

Neo-Geo (Losers) Bracket:

Freaks and Geeks(4) vs. Midgard's Misfits(2)
    The Infernal Avengers(4) vs. ~THE PSYCHO KILLERS~(2)

Which means another two GMs have lost and will now part ways. At least there are 6 GMs who suck more than you do. Take your joy in that.

[hr]

[b][u]Nintendo (Winners) Bracket:[/u][/b]

[color=gold]Cobra Kai Dojo[/color] has a [b]BYE[/b] until the draft finals

[b][u]Neo-Geo (Losers) Bracket:[/u][/b]

[color=teal]Freaks and Geeks[/color] vs. [color=brown]The Infernal Avengers[/color]

[color=blue]The Immortals[/color] have a [b]BYE[/b] this round. They will face the winner of the above game.

[hr]

The two competing GMs have 24 hours to get me numbahs. And hopefully we can finish this draft in about a week, eh?

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You're back? Pfft, I wanted to put another judgement in the comic draft :p

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey, we're already halfway done getting numbers in! If this pace keeps up ...

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Fantastic, The sooner this is over the sooner we can get the next and more improved version up and running

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    So I have to play again? :p GREAT!
    Also good fight last round FatBurt. Seeya in GW. :D

Numbs in lets get it on Marcus!

6. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    you mean you got 1 set of #'s :p

and welcome back

7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    You're a sharp one there pooh, no ones gonna pull a fast one over on you! Well it doesn't matter becuase now he has both and we can continue.

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

Freaks and Geeks(0) vs. The Infernal Avengers(0)

Number three gets it kicked off!

[color=teal]Kintaro[/color] vs. [color=brown]Kain[/color]

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I am a loser now? *waites for flames*

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    If I'm not mistaken, Kain is a good bit better than Kintaro, no? Maybe not a complete blowout, but pretty close, right?

11. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    You're asking the wrong guy. I think you know what I'd say, but can't vamps be killed by severing their heads and burning them? Kintaro has four arms for the decapo and lots of fire for the immolation.

Your call champ.

12. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Kain would maul Kintaro. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Kain's one true weakness is immersion in water; he can survive huge amounts of fire/beating/having his heart torn out/etc.

If Kintaro tried to get close to lay some punches, he'd soon find himself missing some arms courtesy of the Soul Reaver.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    kind of hard to beat someone in melee combat when they can survive huge amounts of having their heart torn out.

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Kain would take this.

15. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Damn right.

16. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    i'm voting kain aswell...if you need a long drawn out reason...i will do so...but kain has too much for the MKer

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

Number 1

[color=teal]Ridley[/color] vs. [color=brown]Sparda[/color]

18. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Nice.

Ridley is a giant dragon-type thing, isn't he? In destroying hellspawn and demons, and eventually beating Mundus, Sparda has surely beaten things many times worse than Ridley. If he takes to the air Sparda has ranged attacks, not to mention Devil Trigger (which is actually more powerful because Sparda is all demon.)

19. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001

So neither of us won that match then? Good, I am glad.

I thought it was decided that the use Triggers were a prep thing?

From your explaination Marcus, Sparda does seem strong. Though unless you go play the game right this exact second, info for him seems somehwta scarce. I am not going to make arguments for or against, I am just saying Ridley has a ton more information about him available. Plus judges are to do their own research, as stated in the Comics draft arguments aren't usually the deciding factors. They help sometimes but it is ultimatley up to the judges to decided what happens, through their research and experienced knowledge.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I wouldn't say that using Devil Trigger requires prep, because you get a full DT gauge at the start of each mission. However, I would say that quickly refilling the gauge through the use of items (something you need to stock up on) would definitely require prep.

But how do you know Sparda has a DT, Marcus? We don't know that. We know almost nothing specifically about him. We know he defeated Mundus, but we don't know how. We know he defeated Beowulf and other demons that mentioned fighting him in the past, but we don't know how. We know what swords he used, but his other weaponry (if there was any) is unknown. In fact, it doesn't make sense for him to have a Devil Trigger. I dunno. It was a mistake to put him on the list, but it was my mistake, since I'm pretty sure I suggested him in the first place. Bleh.

21. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    That whole post made me laugh Durron. Not like being rude or mean or whating to start a fight or anything like that, it was just funny how you said it. [face_laugh]

Speaking of list, are we allowed to send in requests for next drafts characters? I know we had been talking a lot about stuff like that in the Comics draft but I wasn't sure if we had actually done that here yet.

I have some rules I think would be cool to throw out there and see if anyone agrees to them. I am sure Durron and Inty have some good stuff cooking for it already though, right?

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, we have some good stuff cooking up already. Making it more like the CBD. We'll have time after this draft to discuss changes. But feel free to PM me now with stuff you have for suggestions as that will make it quicker and easier to keep track of changes and discussion.

But as for this match, while it appears both kick some serious amount of virtual butt, we've only seen one of them do it over and over again in verifiable ways. We know exactly what Ridley brings to the table, and we can speculate on what Sparda brings to the table. And I have to go with what we know for sure, not on what we're pretty sure is true.

Winner: Ridley

23. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well I was wearing my clown suit while I typed that. Mayhaps the post was simply imbued with that undefinable touch of silliness.

24. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    *rim shot*

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.