main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Videogame Draft Tournament: Concluded (Congrats Shadow_of_Durron!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Neo-Geo (Losers) Bracket:

The Immortals(0) vs. The Infernal Avengers(0)

Kick it off with number 2

[color=blue]Mega Man TRUMPED with Zero[/color] vs. [color=brown]Night Terror TRUMPED with Sparda[/color]

[i]yeaaaaaaaah[/i] ... gonna have to see arguments on this one

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Well damn. Technology vs magic.

It seems Zero is mainly a swordfighter with a Z-Saber; being unprepped I can't seem him having one of the more powerful variants. Same with Mega Man and his arm cannon. Assuming Sparda is anything like Dante at all, he'll be quite capable of playing keepaway and matching them in hand to hand. NT can be flying around unleashing incredibly deadly flame attacks while Sparda goes demonic on them. If they were prepped, they'd be much better off but I think Sparda and Night Terror have enough to take this.

3. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    wow...nice match

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    If Link gets the items that are required to beat the game unprepared, then Mega Man should definitely get all of the weapons he gets from defeating mavericks, since you have to defeat them, and you get them after defeating them.
    Here's a list. It also has Zero's upgrades which he acquires from defeating mavericks. Prepared I think means Mega Man gets to pick from his different armors, and Zero his forms, but unprepared they should still get these.

As for strength and speed, they're both well above that of a normal human. Both capable of lifting in the area of several thousand pounds, and the dash ability makes them even faster. Mega Man can also cling to walls, making him an even harder target. Zero has a double jump, and they both have an air dash. Also, being robots makes them highly durable.

And, obviously, the teamwork of my trump is going to be a lot better than that of the opposition.

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Prepped to me just means they know what they're up against and can. well. Prepare themselves appropriately.

With people like Link, Samus, Ratchet they all get to have all the weapons they would ever have but they would have no idea on the best way to utilise them.

Prepped then they would know their opponents weakness and be able to bring the weapon they think would best exploit it.

With FF characters it's all down to materia placement, Junctioning etc... Then we should look at them going in with a standard set of armament, Not the best stuff but a selection that Guaranteed to at least damage their opponent somehow. Prep time means they know what to take and would likely go in with their limits up.

With Streetfighter types then they are just mass brawlers but prep time brings in their special moves,.

So for me this match is

Megaman with all his weapons and Zero with All his weapons Vs Night Terror as a mass brawler with all his inate skills and Sparda (who I don't know)

so the question is who has a main weapon that will exploit the opposition from the off.

6. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    Mega Man TRUMPED with Zero vs. Night Terror TRUMPED with Sparda

Ok...the way i see it is that all 4 players come with a whole array of weapons/attacks...you have tech VS magic, just as MP2 said...Megaman and Zero have faced things as bad as this and the same wih NT and Sparda...all four have long range attacks, durability, agility, strength, and all 4 have an amazing amount of intangibles...with all that it seems like a push to me(or even a slight edge to NT and Sparda)...then you have the cohesion of MM and Zero...you can argue that NT and Sparda have a type of cohesion (cause of their characters types) but not really...i'm going to have to give that edge to MM and zero...they will be N*sync :p with each other to formulate a plan while in battle...as far as the other 2....they will both just trying to get the other team with no real plan of attack...because of the cohesion MM and Zero subconsciously have a plan and can work together....so that tips the scales a lot(IMO)...this is not a huge blowout and i think NT and sparda will bring alot...but in a very, very close one i just see MM and Zero squeaking by with an inch of their lives and winning

WINNER:
    Mega Man TRUMPED with Zero

if i missed something let me know...if i was wrong the other judges will fix it or in the case of a real argument that i hadn't seen or something that was horribly wrong...i can change my vote...but i think i did enough research and feel confident about my pick

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The only thing I don't see is how NT and Sparda have a huge arsenal of weapons. Sparda has his sword, and NT has the Soul Edge, and, while good weapons, is not a huge arsenal.

8. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    i'm sorry i meant that MM and zero do and NT & Sparda also have many "attacks" to choose from...giving NT/Sparda options as well as MM/Zero...does that make sense????

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yes, that makes sense.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I disagree with Batpooh. I think the sheer power on the other side is enough to offset Mega Man and Zero together. Night Terror has more than enough power to win this against either one of them, and what we know of Sparda tells me that he has enough to at least harrass the duo while Night Terror brings the pain. Probably a very close match, I just don't think Zero and Mega-Man can match the power of the other trump.

Winner: Sparda/Night Terror

11. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah that super speed you were talking about? Gone.

Who is the other judge for us now?

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Aramod. He's been PMed. He usually is quick about posting a judgment after he gets PMed.

13. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Good luck.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No love for the Mega Man.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You could help in flooding his PM box, you know! ;)

edit: I got plenty of love for Mega Man. I just think he's overpowered here

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I beat Night Terror with Maxi. Freakin Maxipad! NO WAYS HE CAN BEAT MEAG MANS1!Q

17. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Apologies for not seeing the PM 'til now--issues with work and me staying late.

So, yees. I agree more with DI's thinking.

The way I see this--Team Tech has a higher potential overall powerlevel. They're good, but prepped, they become so much more.

Team NonTech are slightly better at their base status.

Neither team is prepped, so in said straight fight, I'm giving it to Non-Technological Trump Team of Winsingness.

Also, as a note, I'll be out of town from Friday night to Sunday night. I'll be specifically checking this thread before I head out though.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well...that sucks.

19. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Cool.

Also, Megan Man X and Mega Man are different characters, aren't they? Mega Man X is the one that works with Zero.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Neo-Geo (Losers) Bracket:

The Immortals(0) vs. The Infernal Avengers(1)

Let's keep this going with number 3 ...

[color=blue]Solid Snake (Prepared)[/color] vs. [color=brown]Sparda (forfeit)[/color]

[hr]

That didn't do much. Let's try ... number 5

[color=blue]Zero (forfeit)[/color] vs. [color=brown]Richter Belmot TRUMPED with The Prince (prepared)[/color]

[face_plain]

[hr]

How about ... number six?

[color=blue]Ratchet (prepared)[/color] vs. [color=brown]The Prince (forfeit)[/color]

[face_alien_1]

[hr]

Number 1?

[color=blue]Kratos[/color] vs. [color=brown]Kain[/color]

[hr]

We can assume that Kain gets squashed, right? and move on? If anyone really things that there are good arguments for Kain, we can come back, but I just don't see it happening. Remember, this is freaking God of War shouldn't have been allowed in the game for being too powerful Kratos.

which means we have ...

[b][u]Neo-Geo (Losers) Bracket:[/u][/b]

[color=blue]The Immortals(3)[/color] vs. [color=brown]The Infernal Avengers(2)[/color]

with only number 4 left to call ...

[color=blue]Raziel[/color] vs. [color=brown]Dante[/color]

let's get it on!

[hr]

Aragorn, does that mean I should find a judge to replace you, or not?

21. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    No way Dante should lose to Raziel, as cool as Raziel is. You all know my opinions on Dante.

And thus I go into 'get squashed in teams because nobody can beat Kratos.' Though if anyone can take him down, it's Dante and Sparda together.

Edit: If you'd drawn those freaking numbers in the opposite order I would have won, I think :mad:

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey, don't blame me. blame www.random.org

:p

And I'm more than willing to hear team arguments ... remember, teams are prepped.

edit: I agree that Dante should have little-to-no trouble with Raziel. Good match, but the outcome is never in doubt.

23. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Raziel's badass, and so is that Soul Reaver, but in a draft without Ares or god-Kratos, Dante is a top 3 type of pick, IMO. Raziel wouldn't be able to keep up. Good match, clear winner.

And it should be a good team match. I wouldn't say you'd get squashed, Marcus. Kratos and Ares may crush a vast majority of the list, but there are about 5 or so picks out there that could give them a pretty good match, IMO, and Dante is one of 'em. Of course, there's more to worry about than just Kratos, but I don't think it's a massacre at all.

24. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    So let's see the complete team lists and I'll see what happens.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    one move at a time ... I need another judge to agree that Dante wins. But, Chim posted full rosters back on like page 81 or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.