main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Videogame Draft Tournament: Concluded (Congrats Shadow_of_Durron!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I'm only on page 53? :p

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Try around page 40 then :p

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Kratos, Solid Snake, Raziel, Mega Man, Zero, Liu Kang, Ratchet, Roy
    v
    Dante, Sparda, Kain, the Prince, Richter, Marth, Emerelda, Night Terror

Dante < Sparda
    Sparda >= Snake (only because of the prep, but I'd give a slight edge to Sparda here because of his demonic nature)
    Kain > Raziel (see later
    The Prince < Mega Man
    Richter < Zero (however, this is in hand to hand normal fighting; their magic gives them an advantage I'll explain in a bit)
    Marth > Roy (longer range, plus he's got wicked tactical skills, being the leader of an army. Also wields the supreme magic sword Falchion, which was powerful enough to scare all the dragons away from his kingdom. He's also killed their most powerful dragon, Medeus. Twice.)
    Emerelda < Ratchet (because of prep. Unless that lets her bring her Gear...)

Right....everyone's prepped.

Dante starts off with a Devil Trigger, making him completely invulnerable. The Prince stops time and murders everyone except Snake, (who I'm assuming is hidden somewhere) Kratos and Raziel with his devastating magic sword that kills everything in one hit. Mega Man and Zero might survive because of their armour, Liu Kang, Ratchet and Roy are dead (I suppose the Carbonox might allow Ratchet to survive. Maybe.)

Dante then transforms into his dragon form, and annihilates the battlefield with his attack (this kills the final boss Mundus in one hit.) If Snake is hiding anywhere, he's dead. Sparda could also do the same. Night Terror also. Richter stops time again, and attacks Ratchet, Mega Man and Zero. He could also use his magic beam attack (another pratically instakill move) which would sweep the battlefield, and likely end up with the death those three in any case. Raziel is busy with Kain at this point. And he will lose...the final form of Kain is Kain + Raziel.

Dante and Sparda engage Kratos, prepped they have multiple Devil Triggers/powerups/maxed weapons. Night Terror is also a tank. Everyone working together, prepped, can take him down.

Emerelda and Marth are not dead weight. Marth's Starlight dust can depower people, and prepped I would think he has the Dark Orb: When holding the Dark Orb, you are immune to every single attack, and cannot be damaged unless a person holding the Light Orb attacks the wielder of the Dark Orb. He can also pass off some of the many stat-boosting orbs he has, making others even more powerful.

Or even: God Dragon Stone -
    This item will transform you into a God Dragon, the God Dragon is one of the
    strongest Dragons out of the bunch, it gets high stats, and Defense and
    Magic Defense is pretty good too.

If Emerelda gets her gear, then she's incredibly powerful. Even if not, she can have some fun teleporting anyone that's distracted into another dimension, or filling them full of nanoblades. Offensive nanotech might even be useful against Ratchet, who relies on it to heal...

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Dante < Sparda
    Sparda >= Snake

Sparda ... so good, he's on BOTH teams. :p

5. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    And poor Liu Kang and Night Terror got left out in the rain.

6. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    hey DI i agree on you judgement dante wins this

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The Prince stops time? I thought he could only slow and reverse time. Haven't played it in a while though.

Also:

Also, Megan Man X and Mega Man are different characters, aren't they? Mega Man X is the one that works with Zero.

I asked about that, and they said I could have X.

Anyway, nice scenario. Right. I like how Zero and Mega Man survive, but not Ratchet...because he doesn't have armor or anything.

Yes, his guys are good, but I think mine are too much, especially when they're all prepped. Mega Man, Zero, Ratchet, and Snake are all great. Liu Kang can morph into a dragon, and Roy is The leader of Pherea's army. Raziel is pretty sweet with his TK and the Soul Reaver.

Then of course, we come to Kratos.

So let's jump back into the scenario, Maybe the Prince kills Roy and Lui Kang, possible. Then time resumes, and Ratchet turns him into a chicken. Meanwhile, it's lightning bolts to the face for Richter, Marth , and Emerelda. Raziel engages Kain, and they go at it for a while. Meanwhile, Zero and Mega Man are pissed off that Night Terror beat them last time, and this time they're prepared, which means X can get his hands on this:

Neutral Version
    Appearing in X8, this armor differs from the Force Ultimate Armor in looks only (it is a purple version of the Neutral armor). Otherwise, it functions more or less the same. It still retains the ability to use the Plasma Charge shot, take 50% damage, and use special weapons infinitely including the charged versions. It gains some new abilities such as jump higher, Shadow Dash, and use the Shouryuuken attack. However, it loses the ability to Hover Dash. In addition, the Nova Strike uses weapon energy (although the weapon energy refills itself rather quickly). To compensate this, the Nova Strike is incredibly powerful, for it can leave most bosses at 1 energy after only one hit.

Which means Night Terror is in some trouble. Meanwhile, Dante and Sparda are working on Kratos, and Ratchet has moved along to help Raziel. Zero and Mega Man finish of Night Terror, and go to help Kratos, who doesn't really need it, since he's holding his own fairly well. DAnte and Sparda are overwhelmed by the trio, and Kain as well.

Since we're doing the whole, completely biased the other team would just sit there role playing thing, thought I'd throw that in there.

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Neo-Geo (Losers) Bracket:

The Immortals(3) vs. The Infernal Avengers(2)

[b]TEAM BATTLE!!!![/b]

[color=blue][i]Kratos, Solid Snake, Raziel, Mega Man, Zero, Liu Kang, Ratchet, and Roy[/i][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [color=brown][i]Dante, Sparda, Kain, the Prince, Richter, Marth, Emerelda, and Night Terror[/i][/color]

9. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Your scenarios both suck. After I'm through laughing, I expect you both to try again. And this time, don't suck. Thank you and good day.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Make sure you factore my complete unprofessional hatred of EF into your next set of scenarios, too.

[face_plain]

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Improved scenario:

Prince stops time and decapitates everyone.

Winner:

Avengers.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Two very good teams, and without Kratos this could probably go either way. But, it's not like this is Kratos and 7 bums against the Infernal Avengers. This is Kratos and a very good supporting cast. Even if the other seven for the Avengers were better than the other seven for the Immortals looking at them one-on-one, it's not enough to overcome the huge advantage of having Kratos at the top of this team. The Avengers probably have enough firepower to make it interesting, but not enough to win it.

Winner: The Immortals

13. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    Neo-Geo (Losers) Bracket:

The Immortals(3) vs. The Infernal Avengers(2)

Dante, Sparda, Night Terror, and even kain will bring a lot of pain to the other team...but in the end Kratos is just too much for the Avengers to handle...not to mention what Mega Man, Zero, and Razeil bring with the prep...i agree with DI.

WINNER:
    The Immortals

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And with that, we're down to two. Sorry Marcus. As a consolation prize, you don't suck. You just don't rock the party.

[b][u]Championship Match[/u][/b]

[color=gold]Cobra Kai Dojo[/color] [b]vs.[/b] [color=blue]The Immortals[/color]

[hr]

As this is still a double-elimination tournament, if Shadow_of_Durron's [color=gold]Cobra Kai Dojo[/color] team wins this time, they will be declared champions. If EmpireForever's [color=blue]The Immortals[/color] team wins this time, a rematch will be in order.

As such, Shadow_of_Durron, when submitting your numbers, please also indicate your preference for icon to be uploaded (if any) from the following, so that if you do win, the icon will be available ASAP:

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/special_vgdraftwinner3.gif] [image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/special_vgdraftwinner2.gif] [image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/special_vgdraftwinner1.gif]

Good luck to both of you. You have 24 hours to submit numbers and (for Shurron) Icon preference.

15. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    =D=

good luck guys

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Let's get this over with.

17. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Bring it on.

18. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Bring it on again.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Championship Match

Cobra Kai Dojo(0) vs. The Immortals(0)

We start with number 5

[color=gold]Ares[/color] vs. [color=blue]Ratchet (Prepared)[/color]

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Next? I think EF would agree, yes?

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Giant chicken wings ftw!

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I've always been kinda partial to the ducks myself.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I love duck.

24. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    Championship Match

Ares vs. Ratchet (Prepared)

wow...Ratchet has a mass amount of weapons at his disposal with prep..but will realize he has no shot and will jump a plane to Mexico...but Ares will find him and have cat for dinner...or what ever he is...

WINNER:
    Ares

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Duck is awesome, but even that cannot compare to the uberness of spicy tuna rolls. =P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.