main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Videogame Draft Tournament: Concluded (Congrats Shadow_of_Durron!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    That list does look good and its extensive too. I am gad that you made a powerlist for this draft Inty, that was a damn good idea. Does that mean we are changing the team size to match the Comics Draft too?
    I also like how Abyss is on the PL now. I had him and used him, and he lost everytime. All the judges said he was 'too slow'. He even lost to Evil Ryu for crying outloud, and ER isn't even on the list at all now.

I have a couple suggestions for both characters and rules but since I'm on my laptop I don't have the list with me. I should be able to get to it this weekend or I might even be able to remember what they were wth some time.
    We'll see.

How long are we going to have this suggestion period open before the next Draft starts? When can we expect the full rules list and such?

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes, we will be expanding the rosters. 10 drafted, 8 started, 2 bench. Two preps per team.

The power list was constructed to support 12 GMs. My preference for 12 GMs is double-elimination, but if an overwhelming majority want conference play, we can do that.

What other rules do you need to see?

3. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    What about Organization XIII members and Xehanort's heartless posing as Ansem?

Kingdom Hearts II/ Chain of Memories characters, obviously.

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

4. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Ummm just you know...other stuff?

How come we are almost SW character list-less? Did we do away with the SW love? :p

5. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I would hope that we get enough interest to expand to 16 teams. I never have liked double-elimination. But I get the feeling that it's going to be at least one more draft before we get to that level of interest.

The power list would need expanding, but that wouldn't be too tough to handle.

EDIT: Yeah, it was decided that there's already a Jedi Draft. No need to clutter up this one with that. Kyle was the only excpetion, but the Fetts are there. :D

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Did you include me in the judges you have already? Or was that Chim?

Also...no Bloodrayne?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The judges I have are Shadow_of_Durron and EmpireForever. If The_Chim wants to volunteer for service, we can talk in private ...

As for size ... I'm willing to put down a possible 16 slots, and then say we'll cut off at 12 if after x number of days, we don't have enough GMs. I'm easy with that. I just HATE 6 team conferences where at least half the teams make the playoffs. Ugh!

BaSSiL ... feel free to suggest specific characters.

As to Star Wars love, I'd like to leave it to characters that you can't draft elsewhere (Jedi Draft, Star Fighter Draft). Jango Fett rocks in Bounty Hunter, so he's included. And Boba is in MoTK, so he's included, simply cuz he'd be a sweet trump with Jango.

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh...really? I just wanted to expose myself, but I actually was interested in a judging position. I just thought that they had been filled. I am so torn now! To GM or not to GM?*to PM*
    Also I think EF and Durron would be excellent choices for judges because they won't give up and quit. That is always a good quality.

9. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Boba also appears in Jedi Academy. That one mission was just one long fight between him and Jaden Korr. Great skill was displayed there. I'm a bit hazy, but I think Kyle may have ran into him in a previous game in the series as well.

10. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    congrats Shadow...i would like to thank everyone for their Patience with me...i didn't know a lot of these characters...so thank you for your support [face_peace]

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    He was in Dark Forces...Kyle whupped him before he even had Jedi powers :p

That is a freaking enormous list.

I assume Arthas refers to his Death Knight phase, because if it's as of the end of Frozen Throne he's Ares/God Kratos level.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Kyle didn't exactly whup him. That was a tough boss battle.

13. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Not that hard, strafe around avoiding rockets while nailing him yourself. Boba showed no tactical skills. :p

It was just bad because if you lost there was that stupid level you've just failed with the horrible computer puzzle.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    There was also the flamethrower, wasn't there?

Anyway, I don't think Dark Forces is the best reference for Boba's tactical skills. :p

15. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I think the ROTJ battle is Boba's highlight personally :p

I don't recall a flamethrower, but it has been years since I played the game.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I played it twice through on the PS1 back in 98-99 or something like that. He may not have had the flamethrower.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Oh, right. I barely remember what went on in that game. But yeah, I remember it now. I had trouble with him, but then, I suck at FPSs.

And good catch with Arthas. Yeah, his Death Knight phase. Maybe make him selectable as a Paladin as well. *shrug*

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Arthas has been changed on the master list to say "Death Knight Phase"

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    You could just say "Death Knight". The phase thing seems a tad unnecessary. :p

Poo! I want my groovy icon. :( The colors I can live without, but I need that icon! So pretty... :_|

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    About the prep time, you just want us to give a general opinion of what we think prep is? I'd say if anyone has any questions about a certain character they can either ask in the thread or PM one of the judges(to avoid attention to the character they're showing interest in). But that's subjective, so if you PM you might want to PM all the judges, to be safe.

21. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, that's true. I could give a very general explanation, but it could mean so many different things on a case by case basis. So I could address questions on specific characters via PM or in the thread.

*realizes that this opens the door for about half a billion questions as every GM asks what it means for every one of their picks*

:oops: Yeah, this could be fun. [face_tired]

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I think that a very general statement should answer most questions, and could also address some of the most popular questions. Addressing wether prep gives automatic knowledge of weaknesses/how to defeat a character would help, addressing wether prep gives access to every weapon/armor/spell from a game for a character, and stating, specifically, what prep means to final fantasy guys would help, no doubt about it. The statement about prep should help not only the GMs, but also the judges so that they have a reference point to point at when they make a judgement involving a prep, rather than having to think through it every time.

23. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    i was just thinking...that the list is kinda long...should some of those people be taken off??? there are some loser MK peeps there and Mike Tyson??? he won't win one match...an if he does...we'll have to suspend him for eating the other player [face_sick]

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Mike Tyson will not be removed from the Draft List.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I say we put John Madden on the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.