main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON "View" paper this week (26-01) for Dueling ROTS reviews (free paper!)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PresidentKang, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PresidentKang

PresidentKang Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    Hey peeps;

I write movie reviews for View paper in Hamilton. For anyone in Hamilton / Stoney Creek area (or if you get "the Pulse" which is published in, uh, Niagara, I think) there's a peridoical called "The View". Its located mostly in downtown Hamilton - right beside any Spectator news paper, there's a smaller plastic one for View.

My "Sith" review is being published this week - flat out 5 out of 5 rave, natch. (took me forever to write) And my editor wants to write one too ... one, not so favourable. Anyway, its a 2-page spread with both our reviews back to back (I believe) so make sure you pick up a copy.

And, its completely 100% freakin free, dammit!

the review itself will be online by Thursday at www.viewmag.com/film.php so go nuts!

lates;
    moi

2. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    i don't live in hamilton and i don't drive, anyone going out that way, please please pick one up for me!!!!!! [-o| Oh, p/u a couple so i can send to pals in edmonton (if it's not too much trouble....) :)

3. PresidentKang

Jun 23, 2004
    Yah, sure, I'll hook you up with a copy or four. Only the reviews, though, becasue mailing out 5 full papers is gonna be a pain in the $. Either post your addy here, or PM it to me, mkay?

The review website as View is kinda boned, only the "bad" review got printed. However my flat out rave is at www.pulseniagara.com/film.php And its definitely the better one.

4. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Cool, you don't have to mail it though, i am sure we could plan something so we could meet up. i just don't think i can speciffically go when the paper is out!

Canada post sucks, it cost me 9$ to mail some photos and a d20 to edmonton!

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    was about to say... REVENGE OF THE SITH IS A DISAPPOINTMENT by Chris Watson... what a baby...

6. PresidentKang

Jun 23, 2004
    http://www.pulseniagara.com/film.php has my review, not Chris'. I'm published in both papers, but the setup is kinda "indie" so it gets on the website as a catch as can basis

I meant to e-mail him about posting it on the view website, I should get right on that.

After System of a Down.

7. PresidentKang

Jun 23, 2004
    "Lost in Hollywood" good tune.

Ok, now I'm obviously just messing around, I'll get on that e-mail.

8. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.