main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends View to a Kill- (OC, Zekk ) vignette for the James Bond Roullette Challenge-Replies 9/30/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: View to a Kill
    Author: brodiew
    Timeframe: Post-LotF
    Characters: OC Lens Eli, Zekk
    Genre: drama, action
    Summary: Lens witnesses something awful.
    Notes: This is a short one shot written for the Bond, the name is James Bond, a Challenge roulette I wrote it tonight as a flash fic. The idea has been percolating for a while and I may write a follow up, but that depends on you. It was intended to be a short, visceral moment. Please let me know what you think. Do you want more?

Lens Eli darted down the darkened alley way, ignoring the warning of impending danger. His game of cat and mouse with Master Zekk had reached a fever pitch and he was not going to be caught with his trousers down.

He hopped over a refuse bin lying in the open and kept his eyes on the top of the fence at the alley?s end. The danger entered his mind again like a ringing bell. He shook his head and kept running. He could also sense Master Zekk?s presence virtually nipping at his heels.

Next to the fence line was a light which hung precariously from the adjacent duracrete building. A few more steps, a well timed Force leap, and he would be home free. His ears rang as he saw what the light above illuminated.

Two figures struggled violently, their shadows dancing on the nearby wall. Lens watched as they broke apart momentarily and the glint of a vibroblade flashed in the low light.

?No!? Lens screamed, too late. The weapon plunged into the chest of the second man.

Lens saw red. His own blood pounded loudly in his ears. He couldn?t move. The victim fell to the ground, dead; vanishing from the Force.

The young Jedi saw the first man turn toward him. He wore a filthy white tunic, under a tattered outer jacket. The man?s pants were torn in both knees and unknown stains littered the rest of them. His hair was a dark peppered with grey. A wild eyed look of fear and insanity gazed outward from a haggard face.

The man ran toward Lens pulling a steel pipe from his jacket. Lens still could not move. The man was close now and alarm intensified in the Force. As the crazed man raised the pipe to strike him on the head, Lens snapped back to reality, shoving a hand forward and propelling the supposed vagrant against the fence a few feet away.

He felt the man go unconscious when he hit the ground and a clang echoed in the enclosed alley from the pipe. Lens called out his master in the Force as he approached the dead man. He did not want to look. But, he couldn?t help himself.

A gaping wound in the chest was filled with blood and a large pool of the red liquid had spread outward from the body.

?Lens, are you okay?? intruded Zekk?s baritone voice in the deathly quiet space.

?Fine,? droned Lens, not taking his eyes off the bloody mess before him.

Zekk took Lens by the shoulders and turned him so they faced each other. ?You don?t look fine, and your feelings are a jumbled mess. What happened??

Lens pointed lazily at the body, but couldn?t speak. He raised his other hand to point at the man at the fence.

?Murder, Master.?

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great action and the beginning of a Murder mystery?

Loved the intensity of the entire piece.

Great response to the challenge.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great response to the challenge! =D=

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks for reading, early bird. I had the idea for this for some time, but it never materialized. Then, it just landed. I think I'll write a follow up, but I'm not sure about a mystery.

vaderlvr64: Thanks, Vadey. I'm glad you decided to stop in. I appreciate your support.

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Nice... I love Lens... he's such a neat character and well paired with Zekk as his master

I can't imagine witnessing a murder, and you displayed Lens' horror and shock at the scene quite well - I can only imagine what he's going to be feeling once he's had time to think about it :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.