main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Viewing the CW Episodes - SW.com or CartoonNetwork.com?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    thanks for the answer Ghent

PS: Are people allowed to dissuss/ PMing each other or requesting to each other to the links to get the movies?

[color=indigo]No, they're not allowed to.[/color]

2. Ghent

Ghent Lucas Online star 1 VIP

Jun 25, 2000
    Also... if you look into it, I really don't think you can find a reliable source on CW coming to DVD.

3. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    they proclaim they said it at the starwars meetings a week ago

from DigitalBits

and Aint-it-cool-news.com

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    As long as hyperspace has them as part of their subscription, then they won't come out on DVD, is that what you're saying Ghent?

5. Ghent

Jun 25, 2000
    If you believe this to be an accurate report ( http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16453 ), then try to find anything about Clone Wars DVDs...

6. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Perhaps the 'Clone Wars' will be on the EPIII DVD...

7. half vader

half vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 1998
    Hey Ghent,
    I think this is the right thread to ask - I was just at the official site, downloaded what supposedly was Ep. 3 of CW (yes I'm a HS and QTpro person), and 40 odd megs later find that they've posted the 2nd ep quicktimes in the 3rd ep. links.

D'oh! The audio commentary is the 2nd ep. as well, but at least I didn't waste 40 megs of download allowance this time.

:(

8. The_JediMaster

The_JediMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Half vader, you're not the only one. ??? I can't see Chapter 3 either. The link goes to Chapter 2.

9. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Clone Wars on DVD Report:

from theforce.net

As previously reported, the rumours of the Clone Wars cartoon heading to DVD were confirmed at the LucasFilm marketing summit on Wednesday, and The Digital Bits reports that it could be by the end of this year. Thanks to cnu nick and Elrond for the alert.

http://www.zap2it.com/

Copies of the shorts are guarded fiercely, although they will soon be released on DVD and on a paid Web site. George Lucas, known for his secrecy regarding this franchise, gave strict directives on what Cartoon Network could do with the story.
    The cartoons are well done and richly detailed. Computer animation is only used when the spaceships move because hand-drawn art would have been too tedious to do, particularly under a tight deadline, Genndy Tartakovsky, director and producer, says. Animated characters closely resemble their film counterparts, but they were not intended to be mirror images.

From digitalbits.com

Well, we've finally heard from our sources on that meeting that Lucasfilm held yesterday at the Presidio with their retail partners. Here's the skinny, and you guys are gonna love it... Star Wars: Episodes IV, V & VI are coming to DVD in September of 2004. The animated series of Clone Wars shorts appearing soon on the Cartoon Network will also be released on DVD, possibly before the end of this year. The teaser campaign for Episode III will begin in January of 2005, leading up to the May theatrical release. Finally... Episode III will hit DVD in November of 2005. This is going to be all over the Net soon, and you can already read more about it at Ain't it Cool News. Keep in mind that none of this is official until Lucasfilm publically announces it... but this is certainly, at long last, the real deal.

Stay tuned...

10. Ghent

Jun 25, 2000
    Indy3, these reports were all based on what people THINK they read in the original AICN report.

Take it for what it's worth.

11. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    That's true Ghent.

It depends greatly upon your own point of view...

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    People, like me, have spent $20 for "Hyperspace Content". The Clone Wars episodes ARE currently "Hyperspace Content". And it seems that Ghent reads these boards. I'm sure other starwars.com people do too, and they can tell how pissed off people are with their hyperspace subscriptions being lately, in a word, lacking.

GWL may be dumb, but he's not stupid. He will wait until all 20 episodes have been released until he even THINKS about releasing a Clone Wars DVD. I know I would be really pissed if Clone Wars DVD was released in December with episodes 1-10 or if Clone Wars DVD was released in the spring with episodes 11-20. We HYPERSPACE PEOPLE don't want to spend anymore money than we already have to.

I want all the episodes on ONE DVD with the audio commentary from CN.com and SW.com. And it should come out Fall 2004 with The Star Wars Trilogy SE on DVD! :D

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Ghent is right.

The original report never actually states the OT DVDs are coming out in Sept. 04. It just states that the OT is coming out in 2004, and thedigitalbits.com just made their own assumption that it was the DVDs.

Also keep in mind where that original report came from.....AICN.com. Huge grains of salt are to be applied until *official* word comes from LFL. This would apply to the Clone Wars DVDs as well, I'd assume.

14. kickassyoda6

kickassyoda6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2003
    i will buy both the day they come out

hopefully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.