main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Viewing the CW Episodes - SW.com or CartoonNetwork.com?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Do I qualify as a uber-geek if I tape *and* download the episodes??

Yes mate :p

Mind you, my computer's got a TV out, so I'll be taping my downloaded ones. Back to back with no 'rubbish' at either end of each episode :D I'll probably watch one or two with my bro-in-law and nephew round at his on Toonami too, though.

So in answer to your question, yes you do qualify. Welcome to the club ;)

Ooh! 9 hours (or so) TO GO!!! W00T!

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Hopefully, I'll get hyperspace today

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    royalguard96, I might do the same thing. Because starwars.com is definitely going to be bogged down with internet traffic, and everyone and their cable modem or T1 connections will be sucking up all the bandwidth. And with my 56K modem competing in there, I'll probably be able to watch my videotape version 20 or so times, before I can download one second of the quicktime file.

BTW, how long after the episode has aired will it be up on both sites? I thought I heard something about 15 minutes somewhere. Doesn't matter especially concerning my first paragraph rant.

Anyway, I'm eating dinner and don't feel like looking it up. 5:30pm here in Pennsylvania, USA, T minus 2.5 hours left!!! I can't wait I'm so excited. And also this is my 800th post!

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Hyperspace will have it 20 mins after it has aired, CN will have it sometime tomorrow I believe.

EDIT: 2.5 hours? Are you sure? Isn't it a bit longer than that?

5. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Do I qualify as a uber-geek if I tape *and* download the episodes??

Well, don't feel like an uber-geek because of that; I bought TPM when it came out on DVD after having the VHS version of it since the day it came out, just because of all the bonus features, and of course, Ewan :p

6. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, don't feel like an uber-geek because of that; I bought TPM when it came out on DVD after having the VHS version of it since the day it came out, just because of all the bonus features, and of course, Ewan

Didn't all of us do that? Well, apart from the Ewan bit ;)

And the fact that DVD is superior.

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    When I posted at 5:30 my time, which is 2:30 on the boards time, it was 2.5 hours until 8pm which is the time the show starts.

Now it's around 7pm my time. T minus 1 hour!!

T minus 1 hour 20 minutes until I try to download Chapter 1.

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I hope the OS lets us save the Quicktime files. I worry they might do what they did when the AOTC 'Mystery' trailer was released for the first time on the DVD website. I think you couldn't save it, and when you tried it was just an enormous *.txt file.

I just wanna be able to save them all to my HDD.

9. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Me too Everton, I will be really annoyed if I can't download them.

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    T MINUS 30 MINUTES AND COUNTING

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I bet you anything there won't be a save option. That's one of the reasons I started this thread.

I'm sure GWL knows that some people will try to download it illegally, but he won't give people the option of downloading it openly so he can release all the episodes on DVD. DVD = MONEY!

12. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    TiniTinyTony wrote...
    I'm sure GWL knows that some people will try to download it illegally, but he won't give people the option of downloading it openly so he can release all the episodes on DVD. DVD = MONEY!

A better option than preventing saving to disk then: put out the DVD... with MORE episodes of Clone Wars, exclusive to the DVD! And still make this batch of 20 saveable.

It worked with Animatrix: of the 9 stories, 4 were released online completely free (in very good quality I might add). The DVD has since sold extremely well.

13. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    LoL JediMasterGuff ;)

14. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I missed it!

I was racing home at high speeds, 2 cop cars had stopped some people, but I kept going. It was 7:55, going faster, 7:58, faster, 7:59, I started screaming. Blam, a slow car got in front of me, got home at what I thought was 8:03, gone nothing, FREAKING POKEMAN THE MOVIE. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!

OK, I have Hyperspace, how come this thing is not online yet, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I got that out of my system.

15. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    LOL!!! I just finished watching/taping the first episode and I'm sorry, but as much as I love Palpy, he looks like a stoned turkey!!! [face_laugh]

No seriously, it was actually pretty good.

16. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    They stream from Hyperspace. That's a disgrace.

:( :mad: :(

17. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    This is unbelievable, it's a crappy stream, watched the first 10 seconds and the thing hangs there. AND I HAVE A FASST CONNECTION< PLUS THE RESOULTION SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU HYPERSPACE, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have recorded it, damn, damn, damn.

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone try to download Chapter 1 yet? And is the same one with commentary the one that will be on CartoonNetwork.com?

5 minutes!!! I was pulling my hair out!! I need more!!!

19. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    > Anyone try to download Chapter 1 yet?

Yes, it's a crappy download from Hyperspace that is not working for most people. Most of us get the Yoda igniting saber and it stops, BECAUSE THEY MADE IT A STREAMING VIDEO!

I haven't even touched the extended commentary, it's useless to me, I want to watch the damned 3 minute cartoon!

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm sorry Augusto. If I had it, I would gladly give it to you. I'm going to watch and try to download it on my laptop later tonight. If you want to PM me; I'll let you know if I was successful it getting it.

I taped it on video cassette, so if anyone lives near the Poconos, PA, I'd be happy to view it with them.

21. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    So....when are they going online??

This is coming from an extremely ignorant college kid without cable or Hyperspace on TOS.

Thanks!

22. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    The streaming video on Hyperspace is garbage. I guess I'll have to wait until it airs here at 8 (PST) to see it. :(

If you guys are interested, I'll digitize it in about an hour and see if TFN wants to host it. :)

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    This is bull. I don't have cable or satellite right now, so I was relying on my Hyperspace access to be able to download the cartoon. But no, they have to make it streaming, which means it's virtually inaccessible with my crappy dial-up connection. [face_plain]

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Skylark

The episode is available via hyperspace now as we speak. And I haven't heard any positive responses which doesn't make me happy.

I went to CartoonNetwork.com and it says that the Chapter 1 episode will be available November 8th. Some look for it sometime tomorrow.

25. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    If what us hyperspace members are getting tonight is considered 'high-quality' I'd hate to see what they're gonna have up in the morning for non-paying visitors.

I thought we'd be getting a GOOD version, not crappy streaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.