main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Viewing the CW Episodes - SW.com or CartoonNetwork.com?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I to I'm unable to view the cartoon from Hyperspace becuase I have a 56k modem. I also do not have a dish so I do not get Cartoon Network, I to like others I'm screwed.

2. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Why in the world cant we download the movies?

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Gee I thought one of the greatest things about Quicktime was that you didn't have to stream videos.

4. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    This sucks. It freezes on mine, and it only has this problem for the Clone Wars cartoon. This truly sucks Hyperspace people.

5. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    No doubt about it this is an error

cartoon network.com isnt even password protected

this MUSt be for non hyperspace members

because first of all all hyperspace content is hosted by starwars.com so that anyone other then hyperspace members cant get access to it

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, my VCR decided to break tonight, so I guess I'll be downloading from Cartoon Network.Com. Only 5 lousy mins, and the VCR can't handle it. I have since set fire to it and have thrown it off the top of my roof. :mad:

7. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    read it says STANDARD

meaning non hyperspace people

THIS IS AN ERROR!!!!!

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Unfortunately, I think "standard" means the standard cartoon (not the version with the commentary).

9. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    It seems to me that yet AGAIN demand is not anticipated. What is wrong with these people!

10. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Sorry.

For all ethical discussions, feel free to PM me.

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    For those of us that know where to look. :)

But I do agree. It shouldn't even be mentioned if you're not going to post a link.

12. ozziejedi

ozziejedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Is anyone else having problems with the streaming? I can't get past the first 12 seconds

13. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    The stream is overloaded, the offical word from Ghent on startwars.com is that they are working with cartoonnetwork to fix the issue.

The videos, and even hyperspace videos are hosted on cartoonnetwork not startwars.com.

They didn't plan for this very well.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah it doesn't seem to be streaming correctly for me. And I can't download it either. Anyone have any suggestions?

15. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    Rumor is they might be showing it again at midnight EST. Not too confident about that.

16. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    I've captured and encoded the first episode from TV. Hopefully TFN will host it so everyone can download it (legally). :)

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well joebuck, they started at 8:00pm and ended at 8:05pm. Then they aired Pokemon the movie. So I assume, without checking tvguide.com, that they will air the micro series episode then a movie.

18. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    There's a note on the official site forums saying the streaming problems should be fixed by Saturday morning.

19. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    "There's a note on the official site forums saying the streaming problems should be fixed by Saturday morning."

That's good to hear, 'cause I was only able to watch the 8:00 airing on Cartoon Network, and once is definitely not enough for me. I've been tryin' all night to download it.

Thanks for the news.

20. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    It appears that there's something odd about the RTSP streams -- even programs that are designed to save RTSP streams to MOV files can't seem to make this batch into watchable films.

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    There's a note on the official site forums saying the streaming problems should be fixed by Saturday morning.

[face_laugh] Yeah, because people will have stopped hammering the servers by then :p

22. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    At least I know it's not my computer that's causing it to skip then. If the OS wouldn't be so anal and would let you DL it right off the bat then they wouldn't be having this problem.

Could anyone explain to me how to save the file from the temp internet files into a saveable movie? I'm using windows xp. Thanks.

!snap

23. babymouseinzehaus

babymouseinzehaus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I dont care who hosts the download.

All I care about is being able to watch the damn thing. It's 9 hours after the debut on Hyperspace as of writing this, and I STILL haven't been able to view it.

I dont have Sky Digital (which hosts Cartoon Network in New Zealand), so the only way I can see it IS through hyperspace.

So if they are going to be stubborn and not offer a downloadable version, at LEAST offer a lower bandwidth version OR provide more bandwidth for the version you DO have.

As hyperspace users are supposed to get the online version first, I think it's pretty piss poor (NZ Expression?) that I am a hyperspace user and CANT watch it.

24. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Low quality video.
    Low quality streaming video.
    Low quality streaming video that doesn't even work.

Not.
    ****ing.
    Happy.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

25. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Here's what Paul Ens said in his online chat when asked about Clone Wars on Hyperspace:

"Hyperspace members will get the best online experience for the Clone Wars micro-series. No question. Details on sizes and the like are being finalized as we speak.

I just directed creator Genndy Tartakovsky on the DVD-style commentary tracks for the first episodes yesterday. Hyperspace members won't want to miss that exclusive."

It seems that "best online experience" doesn't refer to a good experience, it means that Cartoon Network's online version will be dreadful, and Hyperspace's will be only slightly less dreadful.

It's dreadful! This streaming idea was clearly designed to prevent people saving and distributing the QT file, but as it turns out the pointer file can still be saved, and then anyone without a Hyperspace account can still stream it through Quicktime itself!

It also means that the people still on 56k (not me, I've a wicked connection that still can't stream this cartoon!) with a Hyperspace account and no access to Cartoon Network cannot view the cartoon at all (since it seems to require a broadband minumum to stream it!)! :mad:

Best online experience my ***. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.