main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Viewing the CW Episodes - SW.com or CartoonNetwork.com?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1010101

1010101 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    :( And I'm too poor at the moment to subscribe to Hyperspace ... now I can only get the crappy Cartoon Network versions :(

Oh, well...

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm sure you'll be able to download it from the usual places in no time.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I suggest all those who do not have AOL Instant Messenger downloaded, I would do so by going to www.aol.com and downloading the free messaging program. My AOL screen name is TiniTinyTony. Message me to chat.

[color=indigo]Edited the post a bit. Let's play by the rules, here.[/color]

I want to play by the rules. I just think this is unfair. I liked my funny little quote and now it's gone. I didn't know being a star wars fan could be so hard.

[color=indigo]Your quote was basically to gain support and interest for stuff you've been told [i]not[/i] to do publically on the boards. It doesn't matter how wittily you dress it up, it's simply not allowed.[/color]

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_laugh] Great misquote!

5. Unno

Unno Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    I agree with TiniTinyTony. If you have AIM, message either him or myself. My AIM name is therealunno.

Unno

6. joebuck

joebuck Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2000
    [edit] You may not solicit material that LFL has asked us to keep off the boards.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well guys. It seems like we're out of luck. I don't have the seemingly illegal links to the AOL files so I can't help you.

I suggest if you want a copy to do the temporary internet file method or the Quicktime Pro method. It's simple and takes about as long as it would to download.

I'm sorry for those who don't have hyperspace, but the small episodes should suffice until the DVD comes out. I'm sure there will be a DVD.

I'm sorry for the Canadians as well. You best bet would be to purchase a subscription to hyperspace if you can. I would suggest just waiting for the DVD if and when it is released.

"Mom...you said that the biggest problem in
    the universe is no one helps each other..."

<raises glass> Here's to you, George...

8. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    And Hyperspace members, I guess, can talk about how to retrieve the file from their cache and / or save the file using Quicktime Pro

Hmm, well it looks like they've sorted their stuff out a little, although they seem determined not to make things simple. I'm a HS member and I've got QT-Pro, and yet using Mozilla the option to right-click/save doesn't appear to be there :mad:. I can never find anything in my Mozilla cache (may be my settings? don't know)
    So now I've got to use crappy IE6 and find it the old way. Although the save option appears to be there with the IE6 plug-in, mind you, the file hasn't finished loading yet, it may disappear, we'll see.

What is their problem with people saving things? Grrrrr.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Well it took me 4 hours and I didn't think I was going to make it, but I was able to download all of Chapter 2 and save it to my computer. :D

I hope Hyperspace offers a smaller screen, 4 hours is just to long to wait. [face_plain]

Still a great episode. :)

10. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    Well, for one i thought the episode was better than the first. The CG work on the ships was great. I must note that i saw the first episode on the net and thought it was ok. I saw chapter 2 on TV and thought it was great, but i did download it after watchin it on TV.

dp4m, delete this part of the post if necessary, not sure if its ok to post;
    -> Chapter Two has made its way onto small sites around the net, and sites with small community message boards are mirroring the chapter, note file sharing things on Geocities ;) ;)
    -> They aren't hard to find, so if you didn't catch the episode, live outsside the US so you can't download the small version, and don't have hyperspace, you are still in luck.
    -> Search and you will find...

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    EDIT: Ok then no worries.

12. DarthWufei

DarthWufei Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    That's exactly what they don't want on the boards Daniel.

13. Rogue_Pilot

Rogue_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2003
    HELP!

I don't live in the US so I can't watch the series on the cartoonnetwork site. Can anyone please tell me where I CAN watch it? Thanks...

14. 1010101

1010101 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Well, I'm assuming that we CAN post direct links to the cartoonnetwork.com versions of the files. If not, then I guess you can feel free to edit this message...

Here are direct download links to chapters 1 and 2 of the cartoonnetwork.com versions:

[color=indigo]We've been asked to remove [i]all[/i] direct links - including the CN ones - by LFL, sorry.[/color]

15. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    There we go... :p

16. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    those arent even from cartoonnetwork.com

those are from aol

so they arent allowed

dont be coy

17. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Thanks 1010101 ;)

18. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Hyperspace version is 480x320

19. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    But, does LFL REALLY has any Legal grounds whatsoever, for URL links? I Never thought URLs (which is pointed at original file) is violation!

I AM a HS member, so I don't complain I can't get the links, BUT I just DON'T think their threat is right!

20. Blackeagle

Blackeagle Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2003
    Actually, Cartoon Network is AOL (both are part of Time-Warner).

21. 1010101

1010101 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Well, Indy3, look at what Ghent posted:

Note: any direct-link Hyperspace-bypass links or advice will generally get theforce.net folks in trouble and aren't permitted.

The links I put up are to the non-Hyperspace versions. Those are the files you get if you go to cartoonnetwork.com.

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > But, does LFL REALLY has any Legal grounds whatsoever, for URL links? I Never thought URLs (which is pointed at original file) is violation!

Well, legally, no. But we play ball with their requests, for obvious reasons.

Also, those HS URLs are found by scratching around in hyperspace page source code, which can't be reproduced outside of HS.

We've also been asked to remove direct links to the cartoonnetwork.com versions.

23. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Fine this is it

no links of any kind that direct you to any version of the clonewars cartoons are allowed

its stated by theforce.net mods and starwars mods, so I hope it can be understood and followed

24. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Can we perhaps make a sticky for this annoucement for a while? Until the first 10 eps have aired?

25. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000

Indy3, what are you trying to say?

:p JOKE

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.