main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Views on the Iraq situation

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Ramble_Boba, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    7 hours. I'm against the war, but when it starts, I hope it's not too easy for Bush. America needs to be humbled.

2. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    LOL @ the AT60 post

well I agree with woofer about the ultimatium, it came from nowhere. Yes he has broke sanctions, so have other countries though, some proven to have weapons of mass destruction so it makes sense of course.

I feel very dissappointed right now about the situation, troops are on 4 hours notice to move, by the time I wake up tomorrow its possiable we could be at war.

3. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I was talkin to my dad today (retired Navel Chief...21 years of service), and he asked me if I was ready to hang my flag up. He's hangin his as soon as the first shot is fired, and keepin it up til it's over. I'm takin mine down from my bedroom wall, and am hanging it in the living room window tonight.

Tammy = fully supporting the war (hopes everyone's not mad at her)

4. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank God for sand storms!!! Wooooooooo!!!

5. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    AT60, don't take this the wrong way, but I think I love you about now. I need to get that and show it to all the Americans here.

Tammy, I personally have no problem with you supporting the war. I am anti-war myself, but if it's your opinion, its your opinion. The people I don't like are the ones who won't listen to other people, and try and barge on ahead without any regard for others. As far as I can tell, you don't do that, so I won't disrespect your opinion either.

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    AT60, don't take this the wrong way, but I think I love you about now.

Aww, too bad I'm engaged. You're cute. ;)

I don't have a problem with you supporting the war either, Tammy.

7. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I resent the way that the US thinks they have the right to march into a sovereign country, and oust the current government (which was technically elected by the public). If any country decided that they didn't like Bush running America, and decided to remove him from office, then the US would be outraged...!

The best way of saving civilian lives, is by not going to war in the first place.

EDIT: The US war has started...

8. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] Thanks AT60 ;)

And yeah, the war has started. [face_plain] I just can't wait for school tomorrow.

9. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Most telling for me was NBC earlier this evening when one of their anchors forgot his place and spoke the truth instead of the party line of "liberating the Iraqi people".

They were discussing the merits of strategic strikes versus a massive bombing. Only a casual reference given to the civilian casualties made. And the anchorman pipes up, saying "Of course, we don't want to do too much damage since in a couple days we'll own it."

ano...? o_O

The war is unjustified and illegal. Thank god we are not one of the 'coallition of the willing'. I am not willing to let innocents be killed in my name for the profits of a select few.

Not in my name.

10. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    No problems with support for the war Tammy, you make your case and debate it, not just disregard everyone elses opinion. And its nice to see someone at least with a brain behind it, unlike Bush and Blair

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Most telling for me was NBC earlier this evening when one of their anchors forgot his place and spoke the truth instead of the party line of "liberating the Iraqi people".

They were discussing the merits of strategic strikes versus a massive bombing. Only a casual reference given to the civilian casualties made. And the anchorman pipes up, saying "Of course, we don't want to do too much damage since in a couple days we'll own it."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

12. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    That's just sick. Some people are so stupid. [face_plain] Comments like that are what make people think Americans are arrogant fools to begin with. Idiots like that just prove it. Well, I'm no idiot American, that's for sure. I wish more Americans would stand up for what we are instead of lettin dopes like that dictate to the world what Americans are supposedly like.

13. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, that was fun.

14. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Since my internship is a complete bore, I spent the day watching CNN. And I'm already sick of hearing about the war.

15. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I listened to CBC radio for 10 minutes on the way to work. I then changed it to C103 and listened to Queen.

16. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Junior Bush posponed Shock and Awe.

17. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I've found that BBCWorld seems to have the most "open-minded" news coverage from around the world (as far as viewpoints on the war goes...)

Derek - interesting sig. there is a truth to it...

18. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    That is a really good sig, Derek. I agree wholeheartedly. :)

19. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Meesa like Derek's sig too :)

20. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Well, I'm no idiot American,

You sure? ;) :) :p J/k.

Im still not sure how i feel about this war.

21. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Are you mockin my grammer, Adam?? [face_plain] ;)

22. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    no, teasing you. but if you made a grammar mistake, i laugh at you.

23. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Does that mean I can laugh at you every time you make a spelling mistake? [face_devil]

24. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
  25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, an example of a stupid American.

Today in homeroom, we recieved the school newspaper. There was, naturally, an article on the war, saying it has the students split on their opinions. (The majority of the school is either straight Republican or mindless drone, so their opinions fall towards being in favour of the war. A few have mentioned reasons, though.)

One person in my homeroom says, "There is no split. Everyone wants war." [face_plain]

I told him off so good... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.