main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Vikings - on the History Channel

Discussion in 'Community' started by IamZam, Mar 12, 2016.

1. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I've looked back several pages and haven't found a thread for Vikings.

A combination of myth, fact and creative license based on real characters from the ancient sagas.

Link does contain spoilers for episode 4
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/11/vikings-showrunner-michael-hirst-talks-ragnars-drug-trip-graphic-violence-and-king-harald

How many other fans do we have. I'm looking forward to the rest of season 4. But I really miss Athelston. I was hoping we would see more of his character and his relation ship with Ragnar, as well as the child he fathered.

At least Legratha. still kicks ***

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Got to Say its a good show, and we finally have something good about Vikings, as well as the BBC show about the Danes, the last kingdom, and I hope the history channel can do a show called Saxons as pagans like they are doing with Vikings, something similar.

IamZam likes this.
  3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    We like it at home but haven't seen any of the new season.

IamZam likes this.
  4. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    It's in Google play. I refuse to pay for cable, so I watch everything online.

I'm liking this season better than last. Though Rollo and Gisla seemed way to rushed..in episode 4.

I hate you...now take me here??

Posted by HAL 9000 via Tapatalk

slightly_unhinged likes this.
  5. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014

I think that's just what happens when someone speaks French

[​IMG]

IamZam likes this.
  6. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I missed the last two episodes, I need to catch up! >.<

My husband and I binge-watched the first three seasons last fall. It's a great show and it's nice to see something vaguely historic in the History channel, for a change :p

Master_Rebado and Master_Lok like this.
  7. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Hopefully you've caught up so this isn't spoiler-y but I wasn't impressed with the berzerker assassin. With a beard like that, I expected more from him.

Also Floki... do we need to cut the F? Interesting bit of banter he had with the soothsayer.

IamZam likes this.
  8. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I just started watching it when it first aired because I was thrilled to see a show about my ancestors, but I was hooked from the first episode.

Since when did Bjorn start calling his mom by her name instead of mother?

And what happened to Thorunn and baby Siggy. It's like they just disappeared. I know she left after being injured but that whole plotline really upset me. I mean, what did she expect as a shield maiden. That she'd never get hurt? So we appear to just pretend that baby Siggy no longer exists, and Bjorn, like his father, is just taking up with another chick? And please, let there be more Athelstan dreams. He was one of my favorite characters. Ragnar seems almost lost without him, sort of.

He's been a Loki like character since day one. I'm beginning to wonder about that. We already had the Visitor?.

I need to go back and re-read my Norse mythology.

slightly_unhinged likes this.
  9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    This will never end 'cause I want moar

Best theme tune since The Sopranos

10. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I love all the music on that show, especially the theme song.

Yayy. Post 3900 for me

black_saber likes this.
  11. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Master_Lok likes this.
  12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I only saw season one, but I really liked it.

IamZam likes this.
  13. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    It's on Google play. The first three seasons are also available on Hulu.

14. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Well, I finally caught up with the show. It was interesting to watch Gisla (or whatever her name is) progress from hating to accepting and finally become a devoted wife to Rollo. I enjoyed that subplot.

Also, Floki seems destined to become the next seer? I hope to see how that progress in the next season.

My favorite characters are Lagertha and Rollo. Yes, he is an ass, but so is Ragnar, and nobody seems to care.

IamZam likes this.
  15. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    So.... Anyone feel like Ragnar could be about to be killed off? Everything is setting up for Bjorn, who has become a savage this season, to take over.

As we know from the old tales, Ragnar is killed and his sons reek havoc across england in revenge...Don't know if Vikings is confident enough to push on without him though.

16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Figures, when I finally forget this show is still on, Rollo becomes a major player. Nice to see Rhys Myers included now too (I liked his take on Dracula even if the show was pretty craptacular save for the first and final episodes.)

17. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    Totally didn't know this. He's one of my favorite undercard actors and this news is awesome... THANKS HISTORY CHANNEL GODS

18. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Got into Vikings recently and binge watched the three seasons also and now watch it regular.

Interesting to see Ragnar's different moods/feels as the show progresses.

Iron_lord and IamZam like this.
  19. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    I love Ragnar, but he's starting to become a bit of an ass. Lagratha however is my hero, taking no crap from men and own it. I just can't accept that no one, even Bjorn seems to be interested in Baby Siggy. I need to catch up on the last two episodes. I'm kind of glad they jumped forward so we can see all of Ragnar's sons old enough to be major players.

20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Bjorn
    goes out like a boss

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Do you guys also think we should turn or combine this thread into Vikings Valhalla tv show for Netflix as well?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

New vikings show on netflix coming soon.

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I hope it’s a good show

24. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Since there is an African actress playing an earl of Kattakat, I am not sure how that will fit with the historical accuracy since there where no black leaders in Scandinavia during the dark ages or ancient times of Scandinavia.

I am not saying that she would be a bad character or bad actress but this sequel show could lead to racial hate towards the actress like what happened to Marie Kelly who played Rose Tico in the last jedi.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018