main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Village Gate Toy Show - Dec 4th 2005

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    In about a month will be the next toy show at the Village Gate Plaza. This'll be our 3rd one! I'm assuming folks are interested in having a fan table again? I haven't talked with the Tranquility yet to see if they want to go halvers again with us on the table. If they do it'll cost us $15 our of our "treasury" if they don't it'll cost us $30.

The other thing I need to know is if folks want a sales table next to our club table. If so, that'll be an additional $40 which I would assume would be split amongst the folks selling stuff on the table.

The past two shows have been great for us as we had a lot of people coming up to us at other events saying that they saw us at the toy show. So, I'm hoping we can get a really good turn out at this one as well. Here's a link to the last show's planning thread back in March. If I remember correctly that show was the debut of TX4277 and TC0620 and when Wingnut rejoined the group. Good times! And here's the link for the planning thread for the 1st show we did in Dec 2004.

So let's start seeing some volunteers! :)

~Doc_Bev

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    For some reason I was thinking this was on Saturday the 3rd...not sure why though...

I'm tenative at this point, going to try since I had fun at the last one. :)

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Of course I'm in.
    Its right down the road from my apt.

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, they're always on Sundays.

*moved volunteer list further down thread*

~Doc_Bev

5. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Hmm...yeah.

Not sure what costume I'll have on, I'm leaning toward Khaleen though since it's a toy show and toy shows have comics, and some comic reading people may have a clue who I am. And I get to wear a purple wig. ;-)

I may make her red jumpsuit to wear though since it will be December, not sure though.

Actually, maybe I could wear Snowbunny Padme...I essentially have everything for it I just didn't do it last year because it was spring and I didn't wanna wear it with no snow. We'll see...I'd have to finally order the boas though.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Any of those sound like great ideas!

I'm thinking I'll probably do RFT if I get a blaster & holster by then or Padme if I get it finished. I'm too stressed by Astronomicon to be thinking of new costumes right now. :p

~Doc_Bev

7. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I can only imagine....hopefully you won't run yourself too ragged by the time Astronomicon is over with.

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002

[face_whistling]

9. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    We'll be there unless Tom has to work - not sure which costumes yet.

10. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    MadKid is in. I'd also be into doing the sale table, as I got too much crap, as you all know.

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Sorry guys, I will be there, but will be working another table.

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I did ask for it off, but that hasn't worked so well lately, so we'll see for sure. Hopefully my tie will be good to go by then.

13. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    What time does it start/end?

14. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I believe that the show is 10-4...
    Typically we are there for setup about 9:30... and I think that we tear down around 3 as things are slowing down.

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm hoping to get there at 9am - but I try to do that every time and I just can't seem to get moving that early. :p And, since we have bowling that evening we're definitely going to have to be all picked up by 4pm at the very latest.

Hopefully I can chat with some of the Tranquility folks either at Astronomicon or their next meeting on the 18th. Either way I'm planning on going out to pay for the table next week at the latest.

~Doc_Bev

16. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Well it looks like I'm out for this , As I surmised I got scheduled 10:30 to 3:30, If Dar wants to go I could drop her off & pick her up after I get out or meet you all out if you decide to go for food before bowling.

On a side note: anyone want a job, the booth here at the mall is hiring & we need the help! After thanksgiving I'm working 20 hrs a week for 3 weeks that's on top the 40+ hours a week I already work for Wegmans & then the last week thye have me scheduled 40 hours, [face_beatup] Oy Vay![face_beatup]

I'm glad we don't have much in December as I hate to miss out on too much!

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Now that I got my car back. I can apply! :)

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Do it man! I need some relief

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Tonight Tom I promise. :)

20. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Scotty- grab me an application!

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Indeed I shall Dean-O!

22. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    From My boss Kara Selke @ Marketplace......

"I need someone that is available M, W, R, F and some Saturday days from open to about 4 or 5 for the holiday season and probably after. If you know of anyone, please send them my way!!"

Even if you aren't available for these hours, put in what you can work & put my name on it so she'll look at the apps.

23. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Well I'm not available during the weekdays but definately nights and weekends.
    Dean-O....Thats your free time isnt it?

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    if you'd like , drop her an email at KSelke@wilmorite.com so she knows you are really interested, We get tons off apps but they all seem half hearted.

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Could you guys move this over to the social thread please? [face_batting]
    I don't mean to sound board nazi-ish, but we've now had 8 posts that have nothing to do with planning for the VG Toy Show.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.