main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Village Gate Toy Show - Dec 4th 2005

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    ....and on that note, to refocus the conversation...

I'm a good possibility for the Toy Show. I've got Reserve drill that weekend, but since it's a holiday, we're only meeting Saturday. Yay!!!! Which costume.... who the heck knows?? But one of them.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    *moved list to next page*

3. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm there unless something happens between now and then.

Lyn may also be joining me...we'll see. :)

4. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I won't know my schedule for that week until Monday...

5. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I'll probably be there with Diane and perhaps Bill. (It's the day after Diane's b-day too.) I'll either do ANH classic white Leia or Mara. That toy show is too crowded (plus the stairs) to wear the Royal Guard and see where I am walking and Ewok village Leia is too cold for December.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For those who've never been to the Village Gate Plaza before here's the address & a map.

I'm thinking of going out this evening to get the table. I'll be getting the club table (which we may or may not be sharing with the USS Tranquility) and a sales table which right now will be split between MadKidJedi and myself - unless more people are interested in pitching in towards the cost ($40) and selling stuff.

~Doc_Bev

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    If I chip in a few bucks can I put a few things up for sale?

I only really want to get rid of my POTF Millenium Falcon and AT-AT because I know they'll fetch something close to a good deal. That and like a bargain bin of GIJoe stuff I dont want anymore.

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sure. We'll just have to figure out a fair way to split the $40 once we see how much table space each person uses.

~Doc_Bev

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As I mentioned at the meeting, we will be splitting our fan table with the USS Tranquility. And this year it'll only cost us $12.50 out of our budget!

Although the Tranquility is planning a raffle, I'm too gun-shy to try one again for The Rebellion half of the table. Maybe for the show in March we can work on gathering donations from local business and have a raffle then.

~Doc_Bev

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    We might have a little bit more luck with this show for raffling than other shows.
    This has a much higher attendance level than usual shows provided the weather is good.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Maybe, but at the moment I don't think we have anything to raffle off.

Unless, KS says otherwise - all that stuff we dragged out of the basement we really need to try to get money for and can't afford to donate.

~Doc_Bev

12. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    DB, You can move me up to the "gonna be there" list :)

TX

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    As far as the sale and the items we grabbed out of the basement, I'll have some time free on Sunday and most nights next week if KS wants some help getting it organized and priced. I know that was probably just a small amount of what he wanted to sell so we'll see. I'll also volunter the Tank that morning for transport.

The POTF AT-AT is already sold btw. JediMaster1610 has already put his claim on it.

All thats left is my POTF Millenium Falcon.
    I'm going to be spending some more time around my moms over the next week so I'll dig around and see if anything there can go too.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Wingnut - Sunday we are free. Thanks for offering to help and transport all our stuff.

Just sent out the press release for this event to 33 different emails covering local TV, Radio and Print medias. And, I added the event on a couple online calendars (still have some more of those to do). Next I'm going to post invites in the NR and SCJ boards to see if any of our neighbors would be interested in joining us.

~Doc_Bev

15. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I should be out of work intime to hel break down if you run late or atleast to meet you all out for dinner .

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Since we have to be to bowling by 5pm I wasn't sure if we were going to all go out to dinner (after packing up the tables) as a group or not... I guess we could - it would just be a really early dinner.

The other thought I had was to order in pizza, because I never remember to pack a lunch or have time to go out and get something to eat. That way we could go out to eat after bowling and not be starved from missing lunch (and probably breakfast in my case).

~Doc_Bev

17. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    put me as a tenitive.

18. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    lol- I was thinking of wearing the Endor Leia- I guess cold doesn't bother me as much with that costume, since there are long sleeves. The case is, that I pretty much don't want to wear the jedi stuff- I'm bored with it. Too funny.

19. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I have to work all day. :( What else is new? :p

20. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    As it stands right now, Lyn is planning on attending the toy show too.

And if all goes well, she'll have a costume for it. :)

21. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I too am going to try my hardest to make this one!!!

22. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I can make it to this one! What time is everyone meeting?

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay! I'm glad to hear you guys are coming out. Although this isn't a major event - it's still pretty fun.

There isn't a set meeting time per se. This is a pretty casual event.
    Table set-up and costuming-up is at 9am. Show opens at 10am. Show closes at 4pm, but usually we start packing up around 3pm. But everyone doesn't need to be there right at 10am because shoppers will be in and out throughout the morning/afternoon.

Costumers kind of hang out around the table for pictures or wander the show shopping and directing people to our table on the 2nd floor. I want to try for a group picture sometime between 12pm-1pm so hopefully everyone can kind of try to be there (and at the table) for that part.

We were toying with making sure folks got lunch at the show (by ordering in a pizza) or just skipping lunch and doing an early-ish group dinner after the show. Since our league bowls at 5pm I didn't think a dinner would work, but if we eat from 4pm-6pm-ish then that would only push our league out an hour and we could invite all the folks volunteering at the toy show to join us! So toy show volunteers and bowlers - do you guys have any food preference?

~Doc_Bev

24. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    TC0620 emailed me tonight and is planning on attending.

25. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Setup for the Village Gate table is at 9am.

In addition to toys - we will also have a few laptops for sale at the table.
    (If anyone needs specs PM KS for details.)

FanForce members will be able to get a sneak peak at the table before we open to the public :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.