main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Villains of the EU !!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Head over to TOS !

Villains of the EU !

Including Thrawn, Lumiya, Isard, Daala, Kun, Brakiss, Nom Anor and...

XIZOR !!!

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Daala? I am happy.

Lumiya? Genghis just wet himself :) j/k :)

3. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Not sure 'bout Genghis... There are some info in the text that may not make him happy... And other that should make him happy nevertheless... :D

Now let's hope people will stop misspelling my name... :D (And misspronouncing it...)

4. LordTion

LordTion Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Its cool that they finally included all thoses characters on the official site. But the guy the choose to make Thrawn look silly. He doesnt look like a fine stratgist he looks like a wrestler.

And who's Idea was it to take a picture a Micheal A. Stackpole to make Corran Horn? That was gross! Corran is not a fat men, with a baby face and curly hair!

5. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    Where is Waru?

At last it confirms Isaards death, and is also a nice read. Thrawn was good to see, especially as he will feature in next weeks factfile!

6. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    But Thrawn, she isn't dead :)

Woudn't it be funny if Lumiya was there because she'd be in the NJO :)

7. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Thanks for the tip, Xizor! You're looking well, silhouetted against the Coruscant sky. There's some really good stuff there. Lumiya, Yay!

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Xizor and Thrawn pictures come from the Decipher SW:CCG cards, so it's no surprise that they are such high quality.

9. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Awsome, yet Xizor, must I say you look entirally stupid there.

10. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    About as stupid as you looked when you dumped the 'Dumb Female Poster' stats... ;)

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    No Way!

I looked so much more stupid!

12. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    That was exactly my thought. :p

13. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Reaperfett...
    "Lumiya? Genghis just wet himself..."

[face_blush] All-in-all a pretty good summary for newbies who have no idea about the most infamous female Dark Lord of the Sith.

14. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Excellent summaries of some truly awesome SW characters...but what's with the picture of Xizor? I thought he was supposed to be the devestatingly handsome female conqueror. He looks more like an X-Wing landed on his face.

JMA

15. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    [image=http://www.lestimbres.ch/nonrelated/Xizor.gif]

Don't you find me devastatingly handsome ?

16. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    [image=http://www.jediknight.net/3do/download/76.gif]

:)

17. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
  18. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i just can't belive the major ones they left off...i mean brakkis is far from an important villian as villians go, especialy considering his appearance in but a single main stream book......

they left out k.w. jeter...barbra hambly...and that krystal star mcintire person......THOSE are the real villians of the EU!!!

19. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Can someone tell me the address to the website?

20. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I don't really have a gripe about who they selected, but the picture of Brakiss is awful. I know I've seen it before, but he's supposed to be this absolutely and incredibly beautiful human being, and that pic is, well...ugly.

I'm glad they made Isard as tall as she's described in the books, but I was surprised to find that Exar Kun is so much taller (about 5 inches) than Ulic. Not a complaint, just an observation. All the other heights sounded about right.

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    jastermereel...
    "his appearance in but a single main stream book"

?[face_plain] So, now we're creating biased definitions of things? ?[face_plain]

The idea that one book is more "mainstream" than another has a lot in common with the idea of "adult" Star Wars books and the Easter Bunny. :)

They're all figments of people's imagination.

22. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
  23. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    All i was saying...is that there seem to be far more influential villians in the EU...while i'm not well versed in the story behind Lumiya......Brakkis just didn't seem to be as much of a major or earth-shaking (space-shaking perhaps?) villian as say Thrawn, Exar Kun, or Issard......his scale just seemed out of place...even Xizor who wasn't as big as the others played a far larger role in the GFFA than Brakkis......so no need to get all rilled up about "biased definitions"......besides...some books are more main stream than others......thinking outside of SW...compare the works of Ray Bradbury or Orson Scott Carde to the works of Phillip K. Dick or Harlan Ellison...who wants to bet that more people know of the former than the latter...many of the latter's books are dissapearing from print and so are harder to find...as are many of the kid's books (sorry if you don't like my category title BTW i haven't heard any better ones) like YJK, JJK (or whatever the abbriviations are for those series), or the GoDV books......

24. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Did anyone notice this in Nom Anor's bio?

Still, Anor is shrewd and crafty. His knowledge of the infidels will continue to prove valuable to the Yuuzhan Vong effort, as it eclipses even the Republic's Core Worlds. Anor no doubt is saving a vital piece of information that will win him a valued position beside Tsavong Lah, and spell even more suffering to the heroes of the New Republic.

A little forshadowing maybe.

25. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I KNEW someone would get to this before I did!!

Admins can strike mine, if they want.

So...

I thought all the stuff was really good to have all in one place. Its in bits and pieces in the guides and books...but to have it all readily accesible is very nice. And it was cool to hear about Lumiya!

Did we know before that the Chiss homeworld was...whatever it was (blanking on the name...)?

And call me crazy, but the first thing that popped into my head when i saw the pic of No Anor was, "Guy looks just like a Ringwraith!"
    Did anyone else think that, or have i read LOTR one too many times? :D

EDIT: YAY! Diary of Crazed Mimbanite! I love that stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.