main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vintage(?) Boba Fett Query

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have been given a 4-inch loose Boba Fett figure (with gun) by a friend who purchased it on Ebay. I have looked the figure up in 'A Universe of Star Wars Collectables' and it looks a lot like the Mail-In Kenner 1980 figure. The only markings I can find are on the back of the figure. On the lower left leg is 'C.P.G. 1979' and on the lower right leg is 'Hong Kong'. Does anyone know what figure this is? Thanks..

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I think all of them are like that. Mine says that on his legs too.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    How come I am the only one here who answers vintage questions? Surely some of you guys know something or two about the superior figures from the 70s and 80s.

4. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    We've got a bunch of the vintage figures. But I've had those since I was about 3. And I really didn't pay that close attention to the details of the figures.

And who is to say the vintage figures are "superior"?

5. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I want Vintage figures but I have no job and so I feel like a loser amongst you all. Perhaps one day DarthMak will not be the only one who has Vintage answers. But since this topic had a Vintage question I have one, Why does the Vintage Dengar say Return of the Jedi and I know he appears in it but what confused me was that the scene of him is from TESB?

6. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Why does the Vintage Dengar say Return of the Jedi and I know he appears in it but what confused me was that the scene of him is from TESB?

All the figures were repacked onto Jedi cards when the movie came out in 83.

7. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Well i'd answer but I can't be bothered getting my Vintage figures out of the box at the back of the cupboard behind all the newer stuff.

No room to displayit all -- YET!

8. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

All of the peoduction Fetts were based off of the same mold as far as I know. Since all figures were re-released, Kenner just used the molds over again. There are some variations on the vintage Fett, but they are color variations (like the EXTREMELY RARE "light grey" Tri-logo Fett, or the Tri-logo Fett w/ only one shoulderpad painted). Unless its one of those, it isn't worth much if thats what your concerned about. I hope that answered your question ;) .

-saber holder

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Thanks - I wasn't concerned so much about the value as I was about it being a 'real' (as opposed to a knockoff or counterfeit) figure. My friend is not a collector so he wasn't really sure. At least it sounds like it is legitimate. It came loose so it was kinda hard to tell.

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Don't worry, its real. No one bootlegs a common figure like a loose production Boba Fett.

-saber holder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.