main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

vintage figure collecting - Bib fortuna - help!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by jessica smith, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jessica smith

jessica smith Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2013
    Hey,
    I am a collector of vintage starwars figures and have come across this one which is heading for auction... however before i spend stupid money on it - im not quite sure if the coat is authentic? I cant identify what colour it could have possibly been, so think it must be fake. Any ideas?? Thanks!
    Sorry my picture taking is terrible...
    http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/u...t=3&o=0&_suid=1360236480145017388186178227893

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pics in my collecting books show it to be a medium brown colored coat. One you're showing looks brighter, but it could be either your pic or maybe the coat has had some sun fading. If it's a real concern due to the price I'd ask the seller for more information. How much is the seller asking for it? From your pic I assume it's loose..

3. jessica smith

Feb 7, 2013
    Hey, thanks for the help. There is a large star wars collection in a local auction house, and this is one thing im trying to get hold of. Yeah it is loose, as there is so many fakes around im pretty wary. Ive spoken to the auction and they think its real, as its come from a big collection that has the last 17 figures boxed. I dunno whether I can rely on 'think' though if it ends up a lot of money. The coat is quite bright, but i do believe it could be sun faded.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, the latest Star Wars Super Collector's Wishbook (Fifth Edition, 2010) I have lists a complete mint loose ROTJ Bib Fortuna at 15.00 US, if that's any help.

5. jessica smith

Feb 7, 2013
    So you dont think this could be the rare red coat?