main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vintage Photos of Premiers

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DBay94, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBay94

DBay94 Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2015
    I saw a television special on TFA recently. There was a shot of the lines in front of famous movie theaters for the original trilogy. That was back in the day when there was no such thing as advanced ticket sales, and you had to purchase tickets at the box office. That television special got me thinking. I waited 72 hours, and was third in line, for ESB in 1980 outside of Loews Astor Plaza on W. 45th St. in Manhattan. I waited 48 hours, and was sixth in line, for ROTJ in 1983 at the same theater. News crews and photographers came to do interviews, shoot video, and take pictures for both movies. As the years have gone by I wanted to share a picture of me in line for one (or both) of those films with my daughter who loves the franchise as much as I do. Unfortunately the only photographs I can find are distance shots of the marque. I sat right under the box office window both times, so only a picture of the front of the line will show me.

So, here's my oddball question. Does anybody know where I can find photos of the beginning of the line for ESB and ROTJ for the New York premier at Loews Astor Plaza? I am sure someone, somewhere, has a photo or two. I just have no idea where to look.

Thanks.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Try a Google Image Search on the following: star wars premiere loews astor plaza. It got me some images but I don't know if you're in them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.