1. sithhunter777 Jedi Padawan

The Mrs and I took in a day at C3 in Indy. This will be our first trip back to a Celebration. I am curious if anyone knows what the hub bub is about VIPS passes on the online order site, and why they are not available.

We are curious what you get extra and for howm much extra? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. kina Jedi Padawan

They sold the VIP passes later for CV also. There were two types (Jedi Master and Jedi Knight, I think) and one was about $700.00 and the other was about $400.00. Some of the perks were priority seating for the George Lucas panel and other panels. Seperate line to get into the convention and get autographs, so less waiting. There was a VIP lounge where they could store their personal items and I think they had a runner who would buy a certain number of items from the Celebration store and run it to their room. They also were able to go into the store ahead of others on the first day, I think. I may not have all of this exactly right and/or may have left out some perks because I didnt buy VIP. VIP sold out in about 30 minutes last year and I'm glad because I almost bought one and I really didnt need it. I wont buy one for C6 either. It was probably worth it for those who bought it though.
  3. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm with you guys...not sure what I want to do about VIP??? I got the 4 day tkt last year. Was great but I did use a friends VIP to get into "Robot Chicken" panel cuz she was volunteering. That was really nice not to have to stand in line and we got right infront of the stage (great pics)... Now, if you wanted to upgrade your 4 day tkt to a vip was it still $400 in addition to what your 4 day tkt cost or the difference of the 2 tkts that you paid to up grade??? I forgot that part.
    Last year I got my tkts as a xmas gift so I didn't have much time to save $ for VIP upgrade or much else. But this year I have time...
  4. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    For VIP tix last year, you paid for full price and then the reed group credited your account for the price of your original tix purchase.
  5. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    I remember that now...thx
  6. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh when, Oh when, will the the announcement be made. Oh when, Oh when, will it be?

I am dying to know when the VIP sales will be posted. Need mulah to set aside. Republic credits will not be accepted.
  7. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    I wonder to when they post it and especially at what time. I am from the Netherlands and I hope they dont post it at a time that in my timezone means that I am in bed sleeping, and thus making me miss out on these tickets. So does anybody here remember when it went open for sale?
  8. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    For the time, they went on sale at 10:00am Central time here in the States.
    Don't remember the exact calendar date. Maybe 2-3 months in advance. We should get closer to a year in advance this time since the official site says "info coming later in 2011."
  9. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Did anyone get a e-Mail today about VIP tickets going on sale this Wednesday?
  10. Fistofury Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got one today. VIP badges go on sale Wed 8/24 at 10am est for VIP holders from C6 first, then the general public at 3pm Est. There are 50 masters at $850, and 250 knights at $400. Benefits look about the same.
  11. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure did. Gunning for two Jedi Master badges come 10am tomorrow.
  12. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Same perks as last year. No thanks. There was nothing I didn't do or see that actually needed the VIP. Yeah Seating for the main Event would be nice. But without knowing what they are actually doing. I can't see why they would sell them now. I guess it's the only thing they could announce and not screw up or have to amend. But only having the same amount is crazy as the general public will never get a chance this time around. It's not even on the web site.
  13. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Jedi Master VIP Package - $850 each
    Limited to first 50 people to purchase

1 CVI VIP Badge Featuring Exclusive Poster Art, designed just for VIPS
    1 CVI Official Show Poster, rolled and complete with poster tube
    1 CVI Souvenir Program Book
    CVI VIP Concierge (Coat Check / Bag Drop / General Help)
    Dedicated Entrance to CVI Exhibit Hall
    Half Hour Early Access to CVI Exhibit Hall
    Half Hour Early Access to Celebration Store
    Personal Shopper for exclusive Star Wars merchandise. Your personal shopper will pick up your pre-ordered merchandise at the Celebration Store and deliver it to your hotel room. (Limit one shopping trip)
    Express Access to CVI Official Store Check-Out
    Express checkout and autograph line pass for up to six Celebration VI Autograph Sessions. Price of autographs not included.
    Reserved Seating at Celebration Celebrity Stage
    Reserved Seating at Digital Stage
    Private Meet & Greet with voice actors from The Clone Wars
    1 of 50 (numbered) original art prints by Dave Filoni
    Exclusive Jedi Master VIP T-shirt
    NEW! Exclusive VIP Variant Hat
    NEW! 10% off Entire Initial Order at Celebration VI Store
    NEW! Access to exclusive Wednesday Night Celebration Store Shopping Party

Jedi Knight VIP Package - $400 each
    Limited to first 250 people to purchase

1 CVI VIP Badge Featuring Exclusive Poster Art, designed just for VIPS
    1 CVI Official Show Poster, rolled and complete with Poster Tube
    1 CVI Souvenir Program Book
    CVI VIP Concierge (Coat Check / Bag Drop / General Help)
    Dedicated Entrance to CVI Exhibit Hall
    Half Hour Early Access to CVI Exhibit Hall
    Half Hour Early Access to Celebration Store
    Express Access to CVI Official Store Check-Out
    Express checkout and autograph line pass for up to three Celebration VI Autograph Sessions. Price of autographs not included.
    Reserved Seating in Celebration Celebrity Stage
    Exclusive Jedi Knight VIP T-shirt
    NEW! 5% off Entire Initial Order at Celebration VI Store
    NEW! Access to exclusive Wednesday Night Celebration Store Shopping Party
  14. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    The part about letting CV VIPs have 5 hours to snatch them up is a bad move. I don't agree with that at all. Not to mention that I didn't expect them to be a) selling them a year before the show and b) only giving 1 day's notice before the sale. How about giving people time to work on their finances to see if they can afford them. Can't do that in 24 hours.
  15. Padme501st Force Ghost

star 1
    that's exactly why I'm not getting them. I was seriously considering it but I was also planning on them selling about the same time as last year or a month or two before. not right now and with no notice whatsoever.

guess it wasn't meant to be
  16. D-Ludicrous Force Ghost

star 2
    Same here. I won't be getting a VIP ticket because I can't afford one right now. I just wish the timing was better. Perhaps if they had moved it to January or something I would have been able to buy it then. C'est la vie
  17. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice try, Reed, having an earthquake on the east coast to try to distract us from being mad about the VIP tickets. Not gonna work. Still mad. :)
  18. FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Knight

star 1
    Considering the attendance numbers, 50 for the Master just seems too low. I guess it means there won't be so many reserved prime seats.
    I might do the Jedi Knight package. I don't want to wait in those two-hour lines again where I immediately have to get in line after getting out of a panel/interview. I wish this weren't being done so early and hopefully it's to ensure paying for some top notch guests, events and presentation (and that a hurricane doesn't screw it up).
  19. Jedi_Five Jedi Master

I'm surprised that they're selling them so early, but I wasn't planning on purchasing one. Too expensive for me [face_money_eyes]

I'm intrigued about the Celebration Store Shopping Party...
  20. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    I was hoping Reed did away with the Master/Knight designations and just had one VIP badge to purchase.

That way all fans who purchase a VIP will have the exact same benefits. Split the difference between the Master and Knight (say, $700) and up the count to 400 available passes.

Wishful thinking of course, given the popularity of the VIP passes from CV and the fact that Reed offers VIP tiers for their other cons (such as NYCC).
  21. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wednesday night shopping party. If they have the same crap like last year it's defiantly not worth it. I don't think I bought anything from the store last year. I wonder how many Lando Mustaches they will have left over this year. lol
  22. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Got our two Jedi Master VIP passes!! [face_dancing]
  23. ksomm814 Force Ghost

star 1
    Got 1 Jedi Knight! Yay me!
  24. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    I got a VIP Knight pass :D It worked really great last year!

25. JHX1129 Jedi Padawan

Yay! I got my VIP Jedi Knight passes! It was a lot smoother than last time. It made me create a new registration though. I hope that doesn't mess anything up.
    Less than a year to go! :)