main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIP Tickets

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by GodAtum, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    This was posted earlier on the Rebelscum forums by Eric_Geller:

"A friend of mine on the ForceCast forum talked to a Reed representative via their live chat. He was told that tickets will actually be going on sale later this month. We were told by Steve at MegaCon that today was the day. Obviously something's up.

So I emailed Reed about the discrepancy and they replied almost immediately. They said that Steve Sansweet misspoke at MegaCon -- VIP tickets will not be on sale today. These tickets "will be online by months [sic] end."

So if anyone in Australia's staying up for this, I guess you can go to sleep now.[face_plain]

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah, still not helping us international attendees. 250 tickets represents what, 0.6-0.8% of total attendees so it's likely that these won't be on sale for long. Unless the price is prohibitive to most people, it's not going to be all that fair for people to get the opportunity to obtain these.

That said, this won't ruin my CV experience but it doesn't enamour me to the organisers.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I believe a fan posted on the RS forums that Reed has usually charged around $200-$250 for VIP tickets to some of their previous conventions.

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    VIP Tickets will go on sale sometime between today and the end of the month.

5. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Info is up:
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Tickets/VIP-Packages/

6. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
    So do I get to skip all the queues if I buy one? I guess even the Express Access will have a queue?

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Ugh! The packages don't seem quite worth the money they're asking for. Unless things change, I'll pass.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I'll be trying for the Jedi Knight package for my wife and I.

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    No thanks on the VIP packages. :eek: I've already met and greeted Dave Filoni and the Clone Wars voice actors at various cons, as well as other SW celebrities.

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    But but!! 5% Off!!!!

o_O

11. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Wow. I was also really looking forward to these VIP packages, BUT...$350 & $750 for what they're offering? The first thing that comes to my mind is gouging when you compare this to the VIP prices at their other Con's. Yes, I know I don't have to purchase them, but damn! To me, it doesn't seem anywhere close to being worth it! $700 or $1500 if you don't go alone! I'm going to have to think long and hard about this even for the Jedi Knight package.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    To me it seems as if much of what you get with the VIP tickets, is what you got with a HS membership last time.

I knew that they would be too expensive for me even before the announcements, so good luck for those of you trying to get one, I hope they wont be bought up too quickly. :)

13. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    The prices are ridiculous... and announcing the sale now is only going to make people more angry (and especially selling at the end of the month, I mean... like I'm going to pay rent this month right o_O)

I think the worst part is the 300 limit, that's just disgusting, sad... very very sad.

I mean I feel like going for the whole schebang just because I can afford it and because I love these conventions, but another part of me feels like it's just ridiculous.

One thing for sure, if there's enough crazy fans on the 30th, there will be a server crash this time around for sure.

I mean... 300... Where the.. *breathes*

all right.. 300 !!!!!!!!!

I wish we could get a decent explanation to this because, as many "VIPs" as we were last time around, that's just being silly.

I mean give me 500 "Jedi knights" and 200 "Jedi Master" all right that could work.
    but 300...

What are we... Spartans...

LOL

THIS IS CORELLIA!!!!!!

14. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    On sale at 12 Noon ET huh? That's 3am here in Melbourne. Joy.

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    You see Mat, I think these packages are particularly unfair to the international fans who already have to pay a LOT of money just to make it to the convention.

I think the old way was "better" even if 90% of the attendees were VIPs ^_^

16. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Even though I feel the prices are quite expensive, I will be trying for the Knight package. I cannot see the money for the Master one. I feel bad for those who do not have the funds or time to sit at their computers. I think HS members should have the perks...all of them. I am excited...but at the same time upset for the fans who spend all their pennies on HS memberships and have nothing to show for it at the Convenion. The Empire sucks this time around!

Huggles!

17. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    At C4, the Hyperspace membership only got you the extra day - which meant pretty much EVERYONE got in that day. But that's all the membership got you.

These VIP prices are pretty steep - but it all depends on the experience you're willing to pay for. Either way, it'll be great fun :D

18. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    It's a good point. Now I'm only partially international...I'll be moved back to the US a few months before C5 so the travel expenses don't count for me, but I know a lot of Int'l folks where it does. But, once I decide if the $350 is worth it (because the $750 is not) I'll set the alarm to wake up and try to buy them.

I think they kind of over compensated this year...the majority of the attendees shouldn't be VIPs...that doesn't make the Ps feel V I (if you follow me), but to only have 300 of a potential 30,000+ attendees...that's a bit TOO exclusive. There needs to be another tier.

19. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Everyone be sure to read and re-read what you get with these VIP packages to make sure you are fully following what you do and don't get.

Examples:

1) The % off in the store is for ONE item, not everything you buy.
    2) The "dedicated entrance" part for both options does NOT apply to getting into the con itself. It's just for exhibit hall and/or store. You still wait with the masses to get in the building each morning.
    3) The "lounge" options are cool, if for nothing else being able to check your stuff there (if it's secure enough), but are you really going to have time to just sit around and do nothing? I expect to be running from one thing to the next every day.

The one thing that stands out as worthwhile for me is the "Reserved seating" options. A con here in Melbourne had this where the first 10 or so rows in the main speaker hall were for VIPs. As I like taking photos at events like this, I would have liked to have been in those seats. There are two sides to that feature...the VIPs are closer, but that also pushes ALL of the rest of the people back by X number of rows, no matter what or no matter how many VIPs are in the actual seats.

20. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I had wanted to see what the VIP package would include and now that I know I think I'll be sticking with my regular ticket. :)

Are they doing something that gets you an extra day this time around? I haven't seen or heard anything about it, but I haven't been paying attention to every detail either.

21. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    The more I think about this, the more I get dismayed.

I mean...Think about it...The people who have businesses, like comic book stores and whatnot have probably purchased the 4 days pass. I am willing to bet money on it, that they will be crowding the lines for us real fans to get in. By lines to get in, I mean the internet ordering capabilities.

I would be surprised all to heck if one of us regular people gets in...Pondering.....

Huggles!

22. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I've read the info and you must have mis-read #2. You get half an hour early access into the hall/store before everyone else. Therefore, no lines! Well...except for being among 299 other people who also have the VIP package. But it's better than having to show up early to wait...but waiting in line is tradition. Hmmm....

I'm still debating about whether to buy either package. I want to volunteer for Official Pix as I did for the last two, so Master might be out of the question for me...but Knight doesn't sound too bad. I've been saving (no trips) for over two years, so I can afford either one. Tough decision for me.

23. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    No, I got #2 right. You get early and dedicated entrance to the exhibit hall and/or store (depending on which package you go for). You do NOT get early entrance to the OCCC. Exhibit hall and store are only two small parts of the show. I read it right and you just re-said what I said. :)

24. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    I was disappointed, and after reading of the 'offerings' of the VIP package, I am no longer planning on CV. Jeez, as an old-school fan I guess I was silly to think that the focus of CV was Empire, not so overly-Clone Wars. Sigh. Now today, learning that Irv Kershner is going to be at Anaheim WW in less than a month, and signing, and this will be his *ONLY* US appearance this year, combined with the rather *yawn* offerings for huge money at CV, has sealed the deal AFAI'mC. Sigh.

25. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    I'm slightly disappointed with the VIP offerings, and we probably wont be purchasing them...since it's my husband and I, it would be another $450 in addition to the $250 we already spent...SO not worth it. I'd rather spend the spare $$$ on a nicer hotel, or more goodies from the exhibit.

Do we know what perks Hyperspace members are going to get? Because I bought my membership a few months ago...specifically for the con perks it talks about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.