main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIP Tickets

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by GodAtum, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    All I can say is I have e-mailed Amanda twice and received a response within a few hours both times.

No complaints from me, other than the price point of the VIP packages. They are a bit much for what you receive.

2. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I emailed some other people at Reed and am getting some answers now, thankfully.

Regarding price, does everyone realize that those VIP prices INCLUDE the general admission price of $128? It's not on top of the $120 or $128 that you already paid.

I was hesitant to share this info once Reed confirmed it for me, but we should all have the right info to be able to decide if we want the VIP tickets.

I think the website will be getting updated to better explain this.

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    While that may be technically true, Reed also states that you have to charge the full price to your card of choice, then send them an email asking for a refund on the original general admission tickets, so yes, actually, you're paying the full VIP price on top of the general admission until they send you a refund. I think that's a stupid way to do things, especially since those that already bought passes get a 24 hour window to grab the VIP before anyone else. Why not just discount the prices to reflect already having the GA passes for that 24 hour window?

4. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Here's what I was told:

"Our system is not setup to automatically calculate a difference in price, as some people may wish to add to their order vs swap out a general admission ticket for VIP, so all upgrades must be done after the VIP purchase. This is also to ensure you get your VIP pass before they sell out-it will be more efficient and user friendly for our fans."

Kind of makes sense. Those with the cash may want both.

5. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I figured they would credit the passes attendees have already purchased, but I still don't think it's worth the additional $230/$530.

--MissPadme

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I never ordered the passes to begin with, as I wanted to see what the VIP would offer, and for what price. Honestly, it's good they announced the prices at least a few days (if not a week) in advance as Maulfly and I are trying to decide if the extra $230 per ticket is justifiable as we'd be using it only for the early entry/reserved seating. I don't think it is, although it would be nice to not spend an entire day in line for the store like we did at C3 (and that was getting in the door as soon as they opened, didn't get out of there til 5 that night)....

7. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    I think that the store will end up being less of a issue then C3.

At CIV most of the time you could just walk through. It was very easy to get through I went back a couple of times and only needed to get in a line once behind a handful of people waiting for a chackout to become available.

With the ability to pre-order products online ahead of time I'm sure the store will be very easy to get through.

8. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    I thought the "...but be sure to send us an email to get your refund" was pretty strange also. And I think it's only mentioned waaaaay at the bottom of all that info.

9. TK2187

TK2187 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2006
    I don't think I'm up for the extra cash for this one. I for one really enjoyed the extra Hyperspace day at CIV. Even though most people ended up getting it, there wasn't too much going on that day event-wise so I pretty much spent the whole day giving the exhibit hall the attention it deserved. The rest of the time I was too busy running from place to place. But that looks like its not an option at this point.

10. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    After thinking about it for about a week, I'm now really starting to lean towards holding off on VIP stuff. At first I was thinking I'd go for the Knight option, but the only thing that really appeals to me is that reserved seating in the celeb stage hall. That's not quite worth the extra $$. Especially since when I went to CIII I actually went to more of the smaller sessions than the ones in the big celeb hall.
    I think I'd rather take the $230 and spend it on other things.

11. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    ^ $230 should buy a whole lot of butterbeers at Wizarding World.

Prior to the announcement, I was fully ready to drop $200 on a VIP badge. If they announced $250, I probably would've caved. But $350 was an instant NO.

12. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Good luck to fans who will be trying for these tickets!

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Maybe if they don't sell fast because of the cost, they might drop the price.

14. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Bought my Jedi Knight ticket. :D

They were sneaky. They sent me an email with the link to buy the VIP tickets after 12pm EST. So by the time, I clicked on the link in the email, the Jedi Master tickets were already sold out. But at least I got the ticket I wanted. Can't wait for the show. Am hoping the VIP ticket will not disappoint me.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    SUCCESS! Scored two Jedi Knight VIP passes! [face_dancing]

16. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I had been checking every couple of minutes since before they should have gone on sale and I was not able to get the option for VIP tickets to appear at all. Not happy.

17. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    got my knight package!

18. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Offered up my Republic credits for two Jedi Knight Tickets.

On a side note: How long do you think the Knight tickets will last? Hours, today?

19. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Never mind. All gone!

20. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Went with the Jedi Knight package! Like a lot of people here I thought $250 would be a more accurate price for what we are getting. I'm sure I'd have a great time without the VIP option, but I'm willing to try it out and see if it really enhances my experience all that much.

I'm a little surprised that the Jedi Master package went so fast. Maybe not, I mean it was only limited to 50 people.

EDIT...AND The Jedi Knight package is gone now as well...WOW. Didn't see that coming at all.

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    A separate e-mail containing the ordering link was sent out shortly after 12:00pm EST.

22. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Dingo, I hoped you were able to get the ticket(s) you wanted.

I was really annoyed by the separate email sent to me so that I could buy the VIP tickets. It showed up at 12:08pm EST. By the time that I clicked on the link, the Jedi Master tickets were already sold out. I already decided that I was going to get the Jedi Knight ticket, but I would have been majorly ticked off if I wanted the Jedi Master ticket and I couldn't get one cause the email arrived too late. Why couldn't they send the email out prior to the 12pm EST VIP availability? :(

So...did your email arrived after noon EST like mine or did they arrive on time?

Am not surprised that all of the VIP tickets sold out. 300 available VIP tickets are not that many compared to the amount of people that attended the previous Celebrations.

I hope that all of the people who wanted the VIP tickets got them before they were sold out.

23. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    That is what threw me for a loop. I kept switching back and forth between my e-mail and SW-CV site.
    About a minute later, e-mail notice appeared.
    JEDI KNIGHT package a go!=D= [face_dancing] [face_flag]

24. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I went with the Jedi Master package, my friend Jedi Knight, so we're happy!

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.