main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIP Tickets

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by GodAtum, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I can't believe this... I missed the sale... :eek:

I can't believe this...

I'm in shock...

I wonder if they will put more up for grabs?

2. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I got the Jedi Knight package for my brother and I. It was a little tricky on their part for sending an email with the link in it. But all is well. I got them! I wonder how long it will take them to refund our other tickets?

3. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    think i was bit lucky just checked back in time in my email in box and got a master package!! Yeh!! well pleased know its a whack of money but coming over from the UK on my own thought this may make things a wee bit easier for me!!

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I cant believe so many of you guys spent that kind of money on those packages.
    I mean good for you guys but WOW. Even the Knight package is too high IMO.
    But good for you guys.

5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Nope, missed out entirely. The link in the email was the same link as the one last week, and even when I clicked on the one from today I still couldn't get the option for VIP tickets to appear.

It's not going to ruin my experience, just a little annoyed since I got up at 2am to ensure I wouldn't miss it.

6. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I am sorry for those who did not get in...

However...

I scored two VIP passes for me and Hubby. I am sooooo excited. This is going to be a rocking experience. 1% baby!

WOOHOO!

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    LOL I'm almost tempted to edit the titles of everyone who got a VIP package to Lucky Jawa

8. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Hope you guys enjoy your passes. As I posted earlier, I just didn't see any benefit to what was offered, but then what I want out of the con is more the experience of the show and perks like special badges, lanyards, discounts on one item, and so forth just doesn't appeal to me. Then again, I've spent money very sparingly at the last 2 Celebrations and I'm not too worried about needing a place to store the few things I'll buy. Anyway, enjoy it! Let us know how it goes.

9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Well there are some pretty obvious, big advantages, it's just whether you are willing to pay for them or not, haha. I mean I would say having reserved seating at one location is pretty awesome, so is getting in early to the exhibit hall and other various conveniences of bypassing lines and seeing more events, which really increases the quality of your experience and decreases line waiting. Plus the VIP lounge will be nice, and the meet and greets with the master package are great too, so there really is a lot of value there I think.

I think it's a bit funny for people to say that $350 is a lot of money. If that's a lot of money, why are you going at all honestly? Unless you live next door. My plane ticket alone will cost me probably $450 to $500, so it seems a little odd to be like, "Yeah alright sure no problem $500 plane ticket, but I will not pay $350 for the actual event I'm going to see!" It's like... ok...? I am not sure that is consistent, haha. If I lived next door to the event and was trying to save money, sure, then the cheap package makes sense. But I'm coming from the West Coast, it's a LONG trek for me, I might as well make the most out of it, at least that's how I see it. Same with the poster here from the UK.

10. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Checked my banking account exactly 90 minutes after I made purchase. (E-mailed refund address)
    Reed Exp. did remove the 4-day purchase I made in December.
    I hope everyone had the same success.

11. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    I agree with Bowen .. its costing me a small fortune to get to CV from theUK ..flights,hotel,insurance etc .. so the idea of a ticket that was going to make my first US celebration a wee bit easier seemed great!! also going on my own didnt fancy hours standing in line for ages with only myself to keep me amused!! lol ... hope to meet loads of new STAR WARS friends in August!!:)

12. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I E-Mailed the refund address as soon as I got confirmation of the purchase and they got back to me within the hour to tell me my refund was submitted for processing. But its now been nearly 11 hours I just checked my account and that refund has not appeared yet. I wonder what the hold up could be. Maybe my bank is just slow.

Checked my banking account exactly 90 minutes after I made purchase. (E-mailed refund address)
    Reed Exp. did remove the 4-day purchase I made in December.
    I hope everyone had the same success.

13. BertieFett

BertieFett Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2010
    I was able to get one of each VIP tickets, I think they will be worth it for us as we will be arriving from Western Australia and after such a long flight I don't fancy waiting in line in what I assume will be hot and humid conditions, with two small children.
    It will also be my first (and possibly my last) Celebration so I wanted to max-out my experience.
    I'm sorry to see so many who wanted VIP tickets miss out.

14. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I went back and looked at what I get for the vip, and I am curious if some of the items will be the same as what everyone else gets or will be different. For example, the lanyard, poster, and show guide. We know the badge, hat and teeshirt are special, but my guess is the other items are the same.

I ordered a show guide before I got my vip badge, and you can't return it so I guess I'll end up with two. Oh well, I got 2 of the special insider magazines at C4 to give one to a friend, and I still have both because they didn't ever pick it up.

15. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    One reason I like these packages are the early intrance and special seating. I'm still a little mad that some of the C4 store items were so limited that unless you were at the store first thing the first day you didn't get certain items (limited posters, pins, patches, etc). Getting in 1/2 hour before the rest of the crowd should hopefully get me some of these times this time. Same for exhibit hall. At C4 I missed out on an exclusive twice by only a few people ahead of me in line. Getting in early should help at C5.

At the panels there is usually an autograph window of time before or after the show, and the people in the front usually have first chance to get the autos (I missed Burtt by a few people in front of me). Unless we are stuck off to the side, the VIPs should now get a better shot at these as well. They may be insignificant things to some people, but they were enough of a bother for me in the past that I didn't think twice to try for a VIP this time. my 2 cents ;)

16. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Most of why I'm attending are for the social things, but also to see some of what else is there. Nearly all of the panels I attend at cons I usually grab a seat in the rear, mainly as I'm rather tall and also I'm not too keen about standing in line. Just remember, not everyone is attending for the panels or to meet up with the guests. I wouldn't mind ponying up $350 for a little something more substantial and on par with what was offered with the previous celebrations than what is being offered here, that's my reason for not buying it and it's what puzzles me the most about why other people are getting it, if expense was an issue then I would be wishing you guys well at the Celebration while not attending in the first place.

Anyway, keep us posted about what your experiences are with this, I might not be taking up the VIP offer but I would be interested in hearing about your experience(s) with it.

17. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    In the beginning, I thought the prices for VIP were too high for what you were receiving. But, after I realized that it included the 4-day pass, it wasn't a hard decision at all. Really, we only paid 220$ for the VIP pass. Now, the 750$, that was a little harder for me to grasp, but that is only due to the fact that I do not like The Clone Wars in any way, shape, or form. I did not care to meet that cast and crew, so that ticket wasn't worth it to me. But, the Jedi Knight option seemed reasonable, so I got that one.

18. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    For those who purchased VIP Packages:

According to Reed, there will be a designated area at the CC where you must go to pick up your merchandise (poster, program, etc) that comes with the VIP passes.

The merchandise will not be mailed to you with your badge & lanyard.

19. JediBungle

JediBungle Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2010
    Some how actually got a pair of the Jedi master tickets! Really didn't care about price since these don't happen very often. I've been saving since fan days 3 in Dallas last year. We are so pumped! Hopefully there will be some surprises.

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    You are awesome, lol. Same for all of you other international fans flying in for this event, wow, you guys are seriously amazing fans! That's why we have the greatest fan base in the world. Nobody beats Star Wars fans when it comes to love of a franchise ;)

When I went to the first Celebration, that was one of the coolest things for me, meeting fans from all over the world, all over the U.S., everywhere, and seeing how big the fan base was. I met one friend at Celebration I who has remained a good friend to this day, 11 years later now, hard to believe! I was just in high school then and talking about how I wanted to be a filmmaker, now I'm set to direct my first feature film this summer based on a script I wrote, and he is married, has two kids, a pretty awesome job, just crazy knowing someone that long who you met through a fan event like that. Where does the time go?! haha.

Meeting other fans is one of my favorite parts of the Celebration experiences. This is the first time I'll be going with my Star Wars fan friend Erik who I waited in line to see TPM with all those years ago.

21. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    seems mad to be planning visit now but cant wait .. ive been a fan even before STAR WARS came out!! lol my friend came back from the states with tales of this amazing movie so by the time of its UK release I was well up for it and have loved it ever since through the good AND the bad times!!!! was very lucky to have some close friends work on eps 1,2 n 3 so got to visit set a few times which was fantastic!! roll on August!!!

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Wow that's awesome. I wish I could make it as a director before Lucasfilm starts filming on the live action TV series, that'd be so great, maybe throw my name in the hat for being a director on the series. I mean I have the Star Wars fan knowledge, and if I was an acclaimed director, why not right?! Just have to get there first, haha. That'd be amazing.

23. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    the planning for the live action tv show seems to have been going on for AGES!! I know of writers that were on board over two years ago and a designer I also know went for an interview over a year ago!!! Spent a few weeks out in Sydney while they were preping the last film which was cool!!! looking forward to CV and seeing bit of Florida also!!:)

24. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I just received my refund today of the original tickets. That wasnt too long of a wait; although, some people did get theirs on the same day they bought VIP tickets. No big deal really.

25. quigonbrowne

quigonbrowne Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2010
    If anybody cant go to C5 for any reason and have VIP tickets can they please PM me because i was in hospital having major surgery done the day that the VIP packages went on sale and i could not have my laptop in hospital i would really apprieciate any help if possible,hopefully they will have the special wristbands available again as i have a disability and cant stand in line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.