main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[VIPs] New Clarification On VIPs and Posting

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    All -

Please read this week's Mod Squad Update for a clarification on VIPs and how this relates to your posting.

Please post in the Comms thread for further clarification or questions.

Thanks,
    David

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    good stuff there :)

3. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    We can still insult mods and regular VIPs right?

:p

4. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Can we snicker a McEwok behind his back still? Or at other boards even! ;) :p

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    But, let me guess, VIPs are still allowed to be insulting to people respectfully opposing them?

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I will not be answering any questions in here. If you have questions about what this means, please ask in the thread in Communications.

7. Daniel-K

Daniel-K Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2004
    Nah, but trashing Dr. Saxton is still a go!

8. Pershing

Pershing Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    I'm just going to post what I said in the Comm Forum, as it's basically the same thing I'd say here.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It's not really a rule, more of a clarification on existing standards.

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    So I expect you guys to start being quite a bit nicer to me.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You're not a VIP. You're a "VIP."

:p

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Okay. You're kind of funny. Sort of. Maybe. Not really.

:D

14. Daniel-K

Jul 29, 2004
    Which is in no way differetn from what went down with KT. Not at all. Seriously, despite claims of flaming, review the threads as a number of others have done. She simply wasn't flamed. Her ideas were mocked, and her statements challenged, but she wasn't flamed. Which is now banned. Which is also what goes on WRT Dr. Saxton.

No difference.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Which is in no way differetn from what went down with KT. Not at all. Seriously, despite claims of flaming, review the threads as a number of others have done. She simply wasn't flamed. Her ideas were mocked, and her statements challenged, but she wasn't flamed. Which is now banned. Which is also what goes on WRT Dr. Saxton.

No difference.[/quote]

Daniel -- if you truly believe that, then there are some serious cases of denial going on here.

16. Daniel-K

Jul 29, 2004
    Daniel -- if you truly believe that, then there are some serious cases of denial going on here.[/quote]Then show me the attacks on KT as oppossed to her ideas. Same challenge that's been laid down before. Same one that has been failed at again and again. Lets see the flaming - not things like somone postiong "Must.. not.. Criticize..." and getting banned for flaming at SW.com, because that's not flaming. Thats a lame joke. Lets see the flames that are suppossed to be out there.

Or are you saying denial is on the end of the mods who let the double standard exist?

You are setting up zero tolerance, fine. But let zero tolerance mean zero tolerance.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Obviously, we cannot repost edited material here. But you already knew that. :)

18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Then show me the attacks on KT as oppossed to her ideas. Same challenge that's been laid down before. Same one that has been failed at again and again. Lets see the flaming - not things like somone postiong "Must.. not.. Criticize..." and getting banned for flaming at SW.com, because that's not flaming. Thats a lame joke. Lets see the flames that are suppossed to be out there.

Or are you saying denial is on the end of the mods who let the double standard exist?

You are setting up zero tolerance, fine. But let zero tolerance mean zero tolerance.[/quote]

Daniel, there is a freaking website with a horrible quote from Michael Wong and a even worse "fan video" that are amongst the worst displays of a fan group critizing an author that I have ever seen. I have never been a huge supporter of Ms. Traviss or huge detractor of Dr. Saxton, but that completely caused me to lose any sympathy for fans who attack an author.

That someone would take a fictional universe so seriously that they would devote time to making a horrible video like that is just plain disgusting. Obscence quotes from fans of similar like mindedness are just as bad.

Compared to what Ms. Traviss has been put through, Dr. Saxton got off with a minor cut on his cheek. [face_plain]

--Adm. Nick

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, please note that a) this isn't solely for Karen's benefit, b) off-site stuff should still have no real bearing here, to my knowledge (unless, obviously, you use this place to plan an "attack" somewhere else. //shrug).

20. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Perhaps it would be a nice suggestion for her not to slag the entire fan-base? Technically, we're the ones who made her contract possible by purchasing SW merchandise. She seems to not only wish to bite the hand that feeds her, but to rip it from the wrist as well. Also, maybe the blog, LJ, whatever where she writes these rants about "ripping out tracheas" and other things should be made as private as possible, so she isn't fanning the flames and than carrying-on about how the flames are getting too close to her space? Essentially, we have an author making "death threats" upon fans. What else would ripping out a human beings trachea accomplish?

21. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm gonna have to call PPOR on this one. Context matters.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    :eek:

*gasp*

Someone has invoked the PPOR!!!!

23. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    Its all in her live journal or somewhereCiting of sources to be forthcoming. I'll try to edit the citations into my previous post; if that turns out not to be possible, be ready for a follow-up.

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    The question is who "cast the first stone" in terms of verbal abuse. Furthermore, the question is who took it from a "poo-poo head" style of back an forth to rather gross and offensive.

I am saddened for both sides in this situation. But when videos are made and disgusting comments are posted on other boards about an author in a sexual context, the line has to be drawn.

I can only hope that those who say such blatantly rude and disgusting things are not members of this board. [face_plain]

--Adm. Nick

25. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    This is all so very nice. Its all here in one single post.

http://karentraviss.livejournal.com/280980.html

You speaks of "Falibans"

And

To be comparing fans to suicide bombers?! I think the woman mentioned fruit-loops in that post because she eats too many herself, might explain this. Its the internet, lady! No need to be threatening folks like this.

No insults please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.