main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIP's

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Only-One Cannoli, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, I definitely think the icon makers deserve it, but I just got titles back.

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    people actually talk about the incredibly riveting topic that is VIP colours off the boards? i'm sorry i missed that conversation.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I got a kick out of that myself.

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    S'ok, you were probably to busy watching the Bulls lose to notice. :p

5. World_Cup_Wally

World_Cup_Wally Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2010
    lol

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

It's a serious issue, after all.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

7. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Why would this, or any other issue come up in comms if it wasn't discussed elsewhere first? If that's the best way to dismiss the discussion, which is clearly being done anyways, than keeping this thread open is pretty pointless, is it not?

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    People disagreeing is not the same as dismissing the discussion

9. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, this. I mean, I understand the point and, to a degree, I can agree with the concern. But revising everything at this point seems a tad like overkill. If we are going to make a change then I'd agree with Rox's post about just going back to 'bare bones'.

10. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    This is actually a good point. The vast majority of VIPs I see are ex-mods or admins. Followed closely by ACTUAL VIPs like writers and artists as well as TFN staff and FanForce people. Game hosts come at the end of the line, close to prize winners.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I have thought long and hard on this, and I think I realized what the true issue is.

VIPs post too much.

This crossed my mind the other day around 6 in the morning before I had coffee and thus was not thinking like a normal human being, and realized to my horror about a half hour later that I had replied to the last 4 or 5 threads on a couple of different boards. I briefly considered banning myself for such spammish behavior. Until I had more coffee.

So I took a stroll through the fair land of Jedi Council, and found that the colorful Councilers seem to post statistically more than most of the other folks on their respective boards. Sometimes they are very rude and barge into other Councilers' boards and post a lot there too, littering the landscape with their colors.

There is one of two things going on here:

1) VIPs post more because they're busy modding and are bored and have nothing else to do.
    2) VIPS post more because it's what they did before they were Modded or VIPed or whatever else, and it's the reason why they were modded or VIPed in the first place.

Incidentally, I'm glad I was modded and not VIPed, because the latter does not sound very pleasant.

Anyway, so my answer to the original question is that yes, there are a lot of VIPs, but what makes it most obvious is their compulsory posting habits.

The only logical thing to do is place restrictions on the number of times VIPs can post a day. We can put it at 2. Or, for say, the Jay Cee-Cee, VIPs are not allowed to quote a previous post and use that to further their argument (lazy bums! The lot of you!). And they should not be allowed to post anything about in-jokes regarding themselves. I'm looking at you, specifically, uh.... erm... well, everyone in the Jay Cee-Cee.

That right there should get rid of the majority of your hassles. It would also eventually create a dichotomy in the JCC between topics about Go Science!? and toilet humor. This would prove immensely interesting when the two sides inevitably go to war someday.

Anyway, I forgot what my purpose here was. Oh right, I was in comms to bug the icon makers to make a crapload of San Hill icons. Dang, how'd I end up here then? Curse you, srs thread about srs bsns!

12. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    I couldn't agree more about VIP's posting too much. I was so disgusted with myself that I had myself stripped of VIP status immediately after this spamming spree*.

*i.e. 1 week later

13. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    Actually, it seems like I was even more disgusted with myself than I initially thought. I had my VIP status revoked 2 days later, not one week later.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wait. Is there a correlation between how much coffee one drinks and how much they post? This could explain a lot.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What if it's not coffee?

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't know about this. i think this is the perfect time to make things neat and tidy before george makes the sequel trilogy and things get cerrrazy. first we should delete comms. then everything else.

unless you meant that we're a twilight board now. it seems unlikely but entirely possible that i didn't notice.

17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Haven't you seen the Edward Cullen banner?

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh god.

19. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    inorite? And they had the balls to get rid of the Strawberry Shortcake banner!!!!:mad:

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I miss that Shortcake banner.

21. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Wait, we don't have the shortcake banner anymore? Like, never again forever?

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think the style is still in the list. It would be up to the YJCC mods if they wanted to use it.

23. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Oh, it does still exist. It just doesn't point to the right images. Whether that will change depends on me returning it to the original state from the file on my laptop.

24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Why not have VIPs posting be limited by OPPM?

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Why did you change it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.