main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIP's

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Only-One Cannoli, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I think because he can't stand that banner :p

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Lame.

3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It was just one of the salvos fired between Daveed and I over banners. I'll return it when I'm not on the road.

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    When (if) the Star Wars live action show debuts and the board activity increases, instead of promoting new mods maybe the MS should look into bringing back old mods who have time to kill. Even though I'm not able to now, it doesn't mean in two years things could change. Same goes with the other 200 plus vips popping in and out. It would at least slow down the growth of VIPs and potentially give the current ones something to do.

In fact, maybe make a list like they do with substitute teachers. A vip puts their name on the list and if needed, they're called up. If they put their name on the list and then find themselves unable to mod, they take themselves off the list.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Incidentally, having ex-mods rejoin the team has been pretty common lately. As an example, when Lisa and I were looking for another Arena mod, one of the people we looked at (and eventually promoted) was DarthIntegral, who had been part of the Arena team for a while before stepping down a year previously. Things had changed, he had more time again, and he came back. TJCC has (re)added Katya_Jade this summer, and Dingo last year. Those are just a few examples, but there have been several others as well.

I would never say we should look exclusively at ex-mods by any means - there is something to be said for new blood, and that's important, too - but MS has and will remain open to having former members who have stepped down rejoin the team.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Yeah, if you hire only ex-mods and VIPs to be Mods, the environment becomes more élitist, not to mention that things tend to stagnate - new voices and ideas wouldn't be put to good use.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well I didn't mean never promote new people. If that happened there'd have been no mods at all. :p In the past year there does seem to have been more of an effort to go back to old colleagues which is good.

8. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    hahahaha you win. The narcissism required to argue about colors on a message board is just unfathomable to me.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I can think of at least one or two people who intentionally refused VIPship "earned" them for various reasons, so it's not unheard of.

I can also think of at least one other droid-like user who did the same but disliked OPPM so much that he is a traitor to his purple, droid kind... :mad:

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    How did this thread get to 5 pages?:p

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

11. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    To be fair, a lot of it has been ypu upping the thread. Plus a lot of people seem to take issue with you personally having VIP colours, especially after having them stripped and returned several times.

Not sure how you can really argue that, but I'm sure you'll find a way to try. :)

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I've already explained my position on that as a game host, which applies to any game host.

13. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that in the past, if you were banned and lost VIP status, it wasn't something automaticaly given back right away, if ever. Even fo Game hosts(See: Harpuh).

Either way, I almost always stand up for you when it comes to your status, as I'm sure many would attest to. You do a hell o a lot more than a lot of the game hosts, and sre far more consitant than most of them.

Just pointing out the heres and whys of why some pople take issue with VIPS.

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Oh, I know, and I thank you for that Juli. :) Concerning the bans, I think the fact that I owned up to those mistakes/apologized for them went a long way..............in my humble opinion, anyway.

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

I bet Tunick's unban requests are hilarious. :p

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'll take the under on that bet.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.