Virgin Megastore in Birmingham

Discussion in 'Midlands and Wales' started by Happy Ninja, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Evening, y'all.

I just got wind of this via my right-hand-man, that he's asked to relay on to all you guys to see if there is any interest out there, but apparently there is a midnight release of ROTS on the 30th/31st at the Vigin Megastore in Birmingham, and apparently the 501st will be there as well.

I don't know if anyone was interested in doing something like this, considering that many of us have probably got it on pre-order already, and the fact that it's a late-Sunday night event, but I still thought that I'd post the information for all to read, especially since at the last meeting, no one actually knew if anywhere was actually planning something for the DVD release (I've only just found this out myself). I've checked out the Virgin website, and the price seems to be the same as pretty much everyone else.

So, I'll hand it to you guys now, and see what you think! :)
  2. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    i`m up for this, i haven`t got anything else planned between now and then. should be a good excuse for a meet!
  3. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in 100%, are you sure it's 30th/31st and not 31st/1st ? Either way I'll be there booked that week off and everything. ;)
  4. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    It's released in the UK Oct 31st. Therefore 30/31 is correct :)
  5. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Hmm, I haven't pre-ordered it, so I might come along to this too. Lightsabers at the ready?
  6. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    i was thinking about taking one of my sabers, but i didn`t know about anyone else. why not?
  7. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Quick question, Dave. Which Virgin was it? There are a couple. Is it the one by the Bull Ring? Or is it the other one down by Aston Uni? And for that matter, where should we park our cars? I don't drive into Birmingham, like, ever! :p
  8. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    i got told virgin in town, so i would assume that would be the newer one down by the bull ring. the bull ring has a car park, but i ain`t sure if its 24 hour. there are others in that area though. i don`t think parking would be too much of a hassle.
  9. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    We're trying to do this in Cardiff, but we're having a bit of trouble finding out details.

Sakara has got details about the UKG being involed in something a week after the DVD is released, but that seems a little odd?

It doesn't make much sense to have a bunch of stormtroopers turn up a week after the movie is releases, but either way, we'll be there.

Bet our meet is better than yours. :p

We're planning on having Pizza and everything!
  10. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmm may have to come along and play.
  11. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    have fun guys. by that time ill be having fun in iceland
  12. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sounds like we have the makings of a fun night on our hands! :D
  13. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    /me remembers what Marks calls 'A Fun Night'. Well if nothing else they can't scew up our tickets for this one.
  14. TK0282 Jedi Knight

Just read this and thought id better let you Know.

As far as am i aware the Virgin Midnight DVD release has been cancelled.

I do know however that HMV (High Street) are having a big release during the day.....
  15. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    bugger :(

i`ll be at hmv in the day then. i quite like that slip cover they are giving away.
  16. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I suppose I could go up during my lunch break, but I might have my hands full. I might just wait for the DVD in the mail as I originally intended. Still, there's nothing wrong with quickly popping up to say 'Hello!'

Ah, yes. But will there be any popcorn related incidents? Hmmm? o_O [face_laugh]
  17. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Well, Kyle's mom's a .........

:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.