main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Virginia GOP introduces bill to instrumentally RAPE all women who want an abortion (seriously)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Feb 17, 2012.

1. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I wasn't aware that my opinions should be shocking. I have a certain point of view.

If it matters, I am not shocked by your opinions either.

2. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    What if the woman was raped and an egg was fertilized in the process? Still support it then?

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    If memory serves, they do

I think its sickening

4. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    Whenever you are having a medical procedure done, doctors show you the part of the body that is being affected (whether it be your kidneys, your brain, your knee etc).

To show the woman her "clump of cells" is just consistent with the medical practice in all other fields.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Regardless, forcing someone to submit to a medical procedure and forcing them to watch any part of that procedure, sounds like something that would happen in a concentration camp.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Eh, I think the possibility of the pregnancy being a product of rape/abuse is beside the point; I have no idea what the numbers are but I'd guess it probably constitutes a minority of abortions. The pathological need to punish women for 1. having a 40-year-legal procedure done and 2. not wanting to potentially commit the rest of their lives to motherhood is plenty sickening enough.

7. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    no it doesn't.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK. Another choice of words if that one bothers you.

The point is that what type of free and civilized society forces law-abiding citizens to undergo invasive medical procedures against their will?

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

NO!

I'm advised of the cancer or general illness that is afflicting me but only shown an x-ray or similar at most, this is done as I as a layman have no idea what the hell is affecting me and this brings it to the front of my thought process so as to enable me to understand what I am going to go though once I get to Chemotherapy or whatever treatment it's going to be.

In an abortion I already know (in most cases) what I am going to go through and have an understanding of how I am likely to feel afterwards. I am also going to feel crappy enough in the build up to the proceedure whether the pregancy was cause by consensual sex or otherwise.

To add the view of a "child" that I didn't want just adds a punishment to an already difficult proceedure.

It's wrong on many levels.

This is coming from a bloke as well, I don't like abortion but sometimes it is necessary, it's needed for the welfare of the mother to be or just to prevent an unwanted child ending up in a life that no one on earth would want.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm trying to imagine someone about to have a heart transplant being forced against his or her will to look at a detailed image of the diseased heart before being allowed the transplant.

I'm not comparing a fetus to a diseased heart (I'm actually not a fan of abortion, I just don't think it should be outlawed during the first trimester). But if we're going to state that "this happens with other medical procedures," the analogy works.

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What about the fathers?

12. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Umm....wildly different circumstances? I mean, I get that you want to guilt people into not getting abortions, but come on.

13. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Ironically, this is the same argument that Catholic employers (and religious pharmacists) use against mandatory cover for contraceptives.

14. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

Cunning edit.

I take it you noticed how incendiary your reference to murdering unborn babies could be?

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    NIAWYC

When I had a sore throat, last week, before giving me some antibiotics my doctor walked me over to a microscope with my throat swab on it.

16. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    It's only fair to show you the helpless bacteria that you were about to be murdering.

17. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    Doctors are required to inform and educate their patients. This often involves looking at pictures.

I don't think that it's "mean".

Fathers don't get to make the decision, so I don't think they should have to look at the picture.

18. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    It wasn't a "cunning" edit. It was just an edit.

For invasive procedures pictures are usually shown.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ah, abortion. Yet another tool to lead the sheep. Perkins, Focus on the Family, The Discovery Institute, Behe; these so called leaders are atheists using religious views as a means to money and possibly power if they can get it. They give the rest of us non-believers a bad name. Charlatans they are and nothing more.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Sure they do. Do you seriously feel that the father has no input or involvement in a pregnancy, or are you trolling here? Sure, it's the mother who goes through the actual procedure, but ideally the father should be present (except, of course, in cases of rape or the father not being the greatest of people).

I really don't know how / why your supreme misogyny still surprises me... I suppose I figured you'd eventually grow up / educate yourself.

21. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    I would think it far more misogynistic to require the father to be there, since it is entirely the woman's decision.

Edit: It would be tantamount to saying "you cannot have this abortion unless the father supports your decision."

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I didn't say anything about "requiring" the father to do anything. I'm saying that, ideally, both parties who had a hand in the pregnancy should be present. What I'm saying is, if the pair are both mature and responsible people who happen to not be ready to be parents, they'd make the decision together and support each other before, through, and after the process.

Of course, you and I have very differing views on gender equality, so my words are going to fall on deaf ears.

23. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    The thing about abortion is....it's easy to be judgmental when you've never had to actually deal with it, or the emotional consequences. After you've witnessed a friend or acquaintance be forced into making that choice...yeah. Judging becomes harder. That's all I'm going to say.

Well, that plus the fact that now I believe that abortions should cost a minimum of $20,000, billed to the sperm donor. Fine waived if the assclown opts for castration.

24. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I don't know where to start Wannasee, but I'd suggest you don't get me started.

25. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    dammit wannasee