main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Virtual Card Set #4

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Thoughts.. comments.. on what has been revealed so far. I've got a couple exclusive spoilers for us.. but I have to see some traffic here first :)

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Vroom-vroom!

Beep-beep! BEEEEEP! HONNNNK!

SCREEEEEEEECH! *CRASH!* *BAM!* *THUD!*

... WEEEE-OOOOW.... WEEEE-OOOOW.....

(Is that enough traffic for you?)

3. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    From what I've seen so far, it looks like I might have to put my Walker Garrison deck back together, and a few of the LS cards we've seen so far look great too.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Um, if I may ask- what have we seen so far? ::)

5. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, the press release, for one, has a new creature mechanic with spoiler (why does that sound like I referring to an action figure..hm)..

The PC boards have spoiled Death Squadron, Commander Luke, Heroic Sacrifice, and Breached Defenses..

DeckTech is going to be spoiling a couple very soon probably..

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Me want spoilers!

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like tehre'll be a Squadron Assignments-like card for combat vehicles and pilots, objectives for both sides- the LS one will be Ralops-like. Veers and Luke add two battledestiny if unable to otherwise when piloting their matching vehicles. Death Squadron doesn't allow your imperial-piloted destroyers from having their power reduced (no power pivoting the Executor). Another card kills maintainence cards by not allowing them to apply their ability towards destiny, and i think adding to their upkeep cost as well.

8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Death Sqaudron also helps to tame Dash Rendar.

The press release also contains a spoiler concerning the new creatures mechanic..

Here's the first TFN exclusive spoiler:

Captain Lennox (V)
    Deploy 2
    Adds 3 to power of any Star Destroyer he pilots. Tyrant and Death Squadron Star Destroyers are deploy - 3 (to Lennox?s location) and power + 1, and their permanent pilots now have an ability of 2.

9. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    Pretty good. Star Destroyer decks seem to make huge gains with this expansion. Still interested in seeing at least 1 of the 2 objectives though. ;)

10. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    These were posted on DeckTech:

Imperial Occupation / Imperial Control (V)

Deploy Hoth system, Ice Plains, and Main Power Generators (Light side). May deploy Imperial Decree and/or Prepare For A Surface Attack. Revolution does not affect Hoth locations and you may not play Colo Claw Fish.
    For remainder of game, you may only play Walker Garrison twice and AT-ATs deploy -1 to Hoth. While this side up, once during your control phase, may /\ an AT-AT, Target The Main Generators, AT-AT Cannon, Death Squadron, or Electro-Rangefinder. Opponent loses no force to You May Start Your Landing.
    Flip this card if Main Power Generators is "blown away?.

While this side up, Rebel Base Occupation is canceled. Your Force drain bonuses may not be canceled unless opponent controls a Hoth location. Once during each of your deploy phases, you may \/ any marker site. Once per turn when you deploy an AT-AT, you may take one card (except an AT-AT) from Lost Pile into hand. For each Imperial in a battle at the Hoth system, your total battle destiny against opponent is + 1. Your AT-ATs are destiny + 1 when drawn for weapon or battle destiny.

Local Uprising / Liberation (V)

Deploy Hoth, Echo Command Center, and Main Power Generators. May deploy Echo Base Garrison and/or Maneuvering Flaps.
    For remainder of game, you may not play Hoth Sentry or non-Hoth locations (except Rendezvous Point), and you may only play T-47 Battle Formation twice.
    While this side up, once during each of your deploy phases may \/ one exterior Hoth site or non-unique Rebel to Hoth.
    Flip this card during your move phase if your T-47s and/or non-unique Rebels control 3 exterior Hoth sites.
    Place out of play if 1st Marker "blown away?.

While this side up, each time you must lose Force (except from your card, battle damage, or a Force drain at a battleground) it is limited to 1. Once during each of your control phases, use 2 Force to /\ any card. During your control phase, opponent loses 1 Force for each marker site you control with a speeder.
    Flip this card if you do not control 2 exterior Hoth sites.
    Place out of play if 1st Marker "blown away".

11. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Wow- these are both very neat objectives, and I look forward to trying them out!

BTW, we are having a big discussion on the PC boards, I think that the Maintainence cards are not killed by the new effects, and that I have been excited about all the cards revealed. Although, I must admit that I like old school Captain Lennox a little better (a sucker for tractor beams)

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sweet...I have a feeling there will be alot of Battle of Hoth recreations happening in future tournaments! Time for me to update my walker deck! ::)

13. Anakin_Solo73

Oct 4, 2001
    I see the walker deck may be being stronger than the speeder deck.... may be. Only that the speeder deck can be placed out of play and in an easy way. If the lightside isn't playing speeder, then they better hold off that invasion of hoth.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Another thing is for certain: EBO doesn't stand a chance against a walker deck now. I don't see how they could stay strong enough in space to hold enough systems to make the drains worthwhile and prevent walkers from blowing the generators.

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    It's just simply a matter of matchups, then. If you are running EBO, just pack an Under attack and track a high destiny, then send your EPPs on a hit run against the walker with the guns.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Can Enhanced characters target vehicles, though?

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Under Attack targets the vehicle itself as part of the GT. The EPP weapons don't have to be able to target vehicles.

18. Anakin_Solo73

Oct 4, 2001
    Decisions, decisions....

Commander Luke Skywalker (V) or Luke Skywalker, Rebel Scout. Both can do harm to walkers, but Rebel Scout can ensure a battle destiny of 1 can destroy walkers and things they carry.

19. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    That's assuming that the opponent plays Blizzard Walkers- I will still be playing with my Imperial Walkers.

20. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    Here's another spoiler for you:

Captain Piett (V)

Adds 2 to power of anything he pilots. Twice per game during opponent's turn, may place 3 cards from hand in Force Pile to draw 2 cards from your Reserve Deck.

Doug Taylor
    Red 4
    Star Wars CCG Player Advocate
    Card Design

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  22. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    A Built in Drop! nice....

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The set comes out Wednesday, correct?

24. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    Yep. Wednesday (1/29).

Doug Taylor

25. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Ahh, I see Doug dropped in with a spoiler yesterday. Personally, I think the original version of Piett is mad awesome now.. knowing the Probe Droid (V) text ;)

Anywho, here's another spoiler for your to munch on (not literally):

Walker Sighting (V)
    USED INTERRUPT
    Destiny + 3 if there is an AT-AT or AT-ST on
    the table. /\ Concussion Grenade, Panic, or
    Logistical Delay. (Immune to Sense.) OR If
    an opponent's AT-AT or AT-ST is on table,
    you may glance at the top card of opponent's
    Reserve Deck. You may use 2 Force to cause
    that card to be lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.