main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Virtual Queue for Episode II

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Green_Saber, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green_Saber

Green_Saber Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    As we get closer and closer to the release of Episode II, I find myself scanning these boards more and more. Well, it suddenly occured to me what I have been searching for/missing. Before almost anything could be purchased on the internet, Star Wars fanatics (like me) would wait in line for the opportunity to purchase tickets for the sequels. Then we would continue to wait in line to be able to get a good seat at the theater.

When Episode I came out, I could not wait in line as I had a son to support and a job that expected me to be show up on time, everyday. However, there was a website called countingdown.com where we could follow along as others did wait in line for tickets and such. They posted pictures of themselves or of stars that came by to visit them. The theater they were waiting outside of bought them food a couple times. We got to hear about what they saw and who they met. Even when someone had to leave due to an emergency. It was the next best thing to being there!!!

Well, buying tickets online and stadium seating may have taken away the NEED for camping out before the release of a Star Wars movie, but we don't have to let them take away all of our fun.

Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to join me in the Virtual Queue for Episode II. I have brought my sleeping bag and pillow, 9" black and white tv, a battery powered space heater for toasting marshmallows and a cooler filled with coke and hot wings. To pass the time I plan on re-reading paperback copies of the OT and talking to others in line.

We can't post pictures on these boards, so please be sure to mention what you have brought with you, so we can ask to borrow it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.