Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stentzen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Consider the Q&A starting right now. In one week, I will reply to as many of the questions that you post between now and Monday. Let the questions begin.

2. Viceroy_Wagar Force Ghost

star 1
    Alright... First off, who are the two Sith Lords that appear in Episode Seven and where on earth did they come from? Also, who is the last Sith Lord introduced at the end? Thanks...
  3. Gillespee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just an FYI:

Asking questions relating to plot of Episode 8 won't get you very far. I am a HUGE spoiler fan, and my posts from the EfP era clearly show that I am a big fan of releasing spoilers to keep fans happy. Fans need not worry, I will be your spoiler advocate on the inside.

However, for now there aren't any spoilers to give. There isn't even a cohesive plot yet. All we've got so far are one member's ruminations on was planned for Episode 8 and some comments from others. I just wanted you to understand up front that asking certain things won't get you very far, because they've yet to be decided.

That being said, ask away. It never hurt, right?
  4. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Stryphe- Mar is working on getting the VS icons loaded to the JC. If you have any questions about that, please ask her.

All question askers- Please keep in mind that any and all questions are subject to review by me prior to being answered by Stentzen. If you ask for the full plot of the next two stories, you will not receive an answer, or should I say the answer you want.

Anyways, just thought I should clear that up. filmaker123 please send me a PM at your earliest possible convenience. Thank you.

5. darthduko Jedi Padawan

It seems like this is the worst time for the Q&A now since the thread is dead, but here are a few questions I have.

Is Minch going to be an on-going character in the V.S. similar to Jar Jar? Meaning his role is less and less important throughout Ep's 8 and 9.

Are you able to disclose any of the Coalition's plans i.e. their agenda or would that be considered spoiler info?

Are there any plans to involve Han and Leia's kids or is the V.S. not concerend with them?

When is the probable release date for Ep 8....2006?

Thanks
  6. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Good questions...those are the kind I like.
  7. Viceroy_Wagar Force Ghost

star 1
    Wow, this really died eah. Thats sad. Umm but I still have a question. Where are Han Solo and Chewbacca during Episode Seven? Also, could you maybe give a little more info on Senator Golemun and like his home world, maybe a breif history of what he did during the galactic civil war and whatnot? Thanks in advance.
  8. msunyata Jedi Padawan

UrbanJedi:

"As for adapting the EU... it would never happen in a million years. If you notice, we tried to stay away from the EU as much as we could."

Um...

No, you have to be kidding.

You *are* kidding, right?

Maybe you're not.

Look -- you do realize that Mara Jade is in there, that she's married to Luke, and that she's surrounded by a fundamental EU feel, yes?

darthduko:

"I do think that crap is a harsh term for something these people spent a lot of time on..."

Unless, of course, it *is* crap. :)

Darth-Stryphe:

"Deconstructive criticism and tasteless, negative comments about a piece of fanfic is flaming..."

Deconstructive criticism is a school of literary criticism that, according to dictionary.com, "questions traditional assumptions about certainty, identity, and truth; asserts that words can only refer to other words; and attempts to demonstrate how statements about any text subvert their own meanings: 'In deconstruction, the critic claims there is no meaning to be found in the actual text, but only in the various, often mutually irreconcilable, "virtual texts" constructed by readers in their search for meaning' (Rebecca Goldstein)." Obviously, the poster in question wasn't engaging in deconstructive criticism.

Just in the interest of clarification.
  9. Viceroy_Wagar Force Ghost

star 1
    Omg. Sadly, you might as well drop this whole Virtual Sequel thing. Nobody seems at all interested anymore. Maybe if you started right fromn scratch with a better script then that would get people more interested. Because ever since the release of Escape From Peril, people have done nothing but complain, while others just left by the looks of it. But anyways, it was cool while it lasted...
  10. Viceroy_Wagar Force Ghost

star 1
  11. DARTHJOSHSAN Jedi Youngling

star 1
    WHAT??????????????? theres gonna be a Sequel to star wars
  12. darthduko Jedi Padawan

Is everyone on vacation or something?
  13. Jedime Jedi Master

star 4
    It was 4th of July weekend, so actually, yeah, I was on vacation :)

Other than that Im not surprised this thread has slowed abit, Ep8 is still in early planning, and as Gillesspe said, even if we wanted to douse you guys with spoilers, we couldn't, cause there's not all that much to spoil at the moment.
  14. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    WHAT??????????????? theres gonna be a Sequel to star wars

Not to our knowledge. Read the first part of this thread to understand what it's actually referring to.
  15. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    msunyata-

I will answer your questions and reply to your remarks.

We did try to stay away from EU as much as possible. Mara Jade has become accepted into Star Wars my most fans as much as any of the movie characters. We needed a wife for Luke and figured that instead of creating someone new, we would bring her along for the ride.

We intentionally left out Jaina and Jacen Solo to stay away from EU. There is no mention of the Yuuzhang Vong nor are there any Nohgri guarding Leia.

Granted Ben was born in the EU, but again as with Mara, we needed a child for Luke and Ben was already there so it just made sense. Kane was completely made up.

I am a fan of the EU, although I understand others are not. To completely disregard all Star Wars continuity up to this point would have been pointless and turned many EU fans right at the get go. However, to make an entire story based on EU would have killed it for many die hard canon fans as well, so the balance had to be reached.

Hope that clears some things up for you.
  16. darthduko Jedi Padawan

I thought the balance between new stuff and EU was fine. I haven't followed the EU for years, although I am aware of most of the storylines. It doesn't matter to me who the characters are as long as they are good characters with a great storyline to interact in.
  17. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm confused, however. Are there plans to animate or dramatize this whole thing?
  18. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Please read back and your questions will be answered.
  19. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Just to let you know, the answers to some of your questions will be forthcoming.
  20. Viceroy_Wagar Force Ghost

star 1
  21. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    You shouldn't ignore the EU but avoid mentioning certain aspects instead of pretending it doesn't exist just because it's not on film.

Personally I didn't like EfP, but I would be willing to help with Episode VIII or indeed IX (X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV....)
  22. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Force Ghost

star 3
  23. yalphaath Jedi Padawan

Why does the storyline seem to resemble sections of the original films and the EU? Doom Keep seems very much like the Shadow Academy. The Coalition is the early Confederacy that the Republic was negotiating in at the start of Ep2. A huge enemy attacking the Jedi Academy just like in Darksabre. Is this just coincidence or are you creating an amalgamation?
  24. Viceroy_Wagar Force Ghost

star 1
    When are those questions gonna get answered? and are you guys workin on Episode Eight right now?
  25. filmmaker123 Jedi Knight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.