main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Okay, I have a few questions.
    Sorry if these have already have been asked, or if they are already common knowledge.
    First, when do you expect Episode Eight to be out?

Second, when Ben is about to kiss Thenna, Artoo interupts and reminds him of something in the Jedi code, presumably no love or attachment. If this is so, then how come Luke is married to Mara and they have two kids.

Three, if I have an idea for you, what should I do?
    Just put it out there for people to read or private message?

2. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    Since the Lead Writer s unavaialble at the present, no one has answered your question. I would say PM anything you have to me until, say, the 24th, and then I'll pass it on to Jedime. After the 24th, just PM him directly.

Wood

3. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    Man, rewrite Episode Seven. Maybe that will get people more interested. Well dont actually rewrite it, but maybe you should change some things / elements.

4. OwenSkywalker3

Oct 23, 2002
    OR...

Maybe you could write a synopsis of what you feel would be meaningful changes to what has already been written? A "special edition" script treatment, if you will. Post it here, then we can take a look at it.

I'm not saying anything will be changed, of course, but a review of your specific criticism, PRESENTED IN A COHESIVE, THOUGHT OUT FORMAT, might prove useful to the writing and editing staffs.

I'm sure you can come up with something. Give it a shot.

Thanks again,

Wood

5. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Man thats good attitude. I thought I may have gotten in trouble for critisizing, even though Im not bashing. But seriously, I loved Escape From peril, especially the title. But in my opinion, and maybe even others, I would change the following things.

-Since we are introduced to the Sith in the beginning maybe you shpuld try and explain where she came from. Like still keep it a bit of a mystery, which could be revealed later, but you dont want to leave us totally clueless, I think that kinda pisses people off. There could be a lot of potential dialogue between that lady Sith and the captured Luke Skywalker.

-Also, Luke should not go down like a punk like that. He is suppose to play a "Yoda-like" figure in these sequels is he not? Maybe make the beginning duel a bit longer.

-Expand Theena's (sorry if I spelt it wrong, I forget)mothers role and have her killed off, rather then her father, or maybe both. I think it would have made her more upset if she had just met her mother only to see her killed. That would make her want to become a Jedi more, and maybe her father could abbandon her, only to appear again in Episode Eight?

-It was weird, but I would stay with the kiss seen between lady Sith and Kane. Maybe he develops a "crush" on her, and thats what can maybe modivate him more towards the darkside, because it seems like thats where he is heading.

-Senator Golemun is a wicked cool character. Maybe show some more "behind the scenes" scenes with him, like how he is plotting with the Sith / Coalation.

-Also, as Episode One and Two proved, politics can be very interesting (ie sepratist movements and whatnot). Maybe you could develop a "loyalist comittee" with Leia, Wedge, Ackbar and a few other characters, that way you could have scenes of them describing politics and the Coalationg and their motives. Because Im a little lost with their organization.

-The action sequences could be a tad bit better and same with the descriptions of characters.

-One last thing, the Jedi Temple, it is in the middle of nowhere. In my opinion it would be super cool if it were back on Coruscant, maybe in Episode Eight? If it were destroyed at the end of Escape From Peril you could d this.

Anyways, thanks alot for listening, these are just a few ideas to add to an already great script. Thanks...

6. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Yeah, I love that title, too.

7. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Hello? Anyone on the VS team?

8. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hey V_W,

Thanks for all the notes on EfP. Just wanted to say that the VS team haven't disappeared, but we are in the middle of holiday season, so it's fairly quiet.

Just as an update, the writing team are closing out the first treatments for Ep VIII, ready for a serious brainstorming to cement down specifics.

We're all excited about this next phase in the project, and hope that you are all looking forward to the next installment as much as we are.

J

9. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Nice man... Nice...

10. WesBelden

WesBelden Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2004
    This is most likely going to be an annoying question that everyone knows the answer to, but I've not kept up with what's been going on at all. I saw that VS was in the works months ago and just didn't keep tabs on its progress.

Are the screen shots and script etc. that're on the site things that show what's in progress, with the movie still on the way, or have people jacked things in and decided to go with the script and screenies of what they have?

11. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    How did Luke Skywalker lose to some punk Sith, anyway? In the SE, Luke should allow himself to be taken through extortion or something. Luke losing a battle to an upstart just looks silly, even for his age.

12. OwenSkywalker3

Oct 23, 2002
    I'm making this announcement on the VS discussion board because it's my favorite...

As most of you know, I was a story consultant and database guru for Episode 7 v 2.0, and the Editorial Director for Episode 8 (still in 1.0, hahahaha). But, as the man says, all good things must come to an end.

Effective immediately, I am leaving the VS staff. About 3 weeks ago I was recalled to active duty in the U.S. Army. I leave in another couple of weeks, and I'll be gone quite a while. Vague enough not to be incorrect, I believe is the phrase...

At any rate, good luck, God Bless, and don't forget to check out:

www.deanofcincinnati.com

Thanks a million to the staff, and, more impoirtantly, to the fans.

Woody

13. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Good luck, Woody.

Please stay safe.

Madine out

14. Gillespee

Gillespee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 1999
    Thanks for answering the call. I appreciate your service and wish you the best. Good luck.

15. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Any news on Episode Eight? Or is there going to be an Episode Seven Special Edition?

16. Jedime

Jedime Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2002
    Good luke Woody, hope you come back safe and soon!

As far as VS goes - Urban is busy rehersing a play, Mar is without internet access, and as you can see, Owen is leaving, so we're having another slow summer. I'm currently reading over treatments handed in by the other story teammembers, however, so the story is begining to come together.

And to reiterate what's been said already - there are no plans to do a Special Edition of Episode 7. Not now, not ever. It's possible that more artwork will be created for it in the future (no current plans, however) but that story is what it is, and won't be changed.

17. Gillespee

May 5, 1999
    But we can all keep hoping!

18. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Thanks for finally replying lol. But lads, will we beable to send you a few ideas if we have them? Thanks.

19. Gillespee

May 5, 1999
    Post any ideas you have right here. It'll give us something to discuss.

20. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Niiiice. Im gonna hit the sac, early day tomorrow. But i'll post some ideas soon. Oh and thanks for the quick reply.

21. QuarrensQuery

QuarrensQuery Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2004
    I look forward to reading those ideas. Perhaps I will post a few of my own.

22. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Alright I have some ideas for Star Wars Episode Eight. Just need to jot them all out...

23. Lord_Moordenaar

Lord_Moordenaar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    Great stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I congradulate all who were involved in the making of this VS.

One minor suggestion, rather than Swoops, why not have modified Sand Skimmers (renamed something else of course) which can travel at high altitudes. Incase anyone is confused (those who are familiar with TheForce.net's Unofficial Encyclopedia will not be), Sand Skimmers are one-person repulsorlift disks with rear-mounted sail to catch the wind. Just a thought

24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Dropping in, since I'm novelist on this project and on the writing team, which i'm very thrilled to do.

25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I forgot to check Woody's announcement. God bless, OS3. We'll miss you when we need someone hard-hitting to tell us the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.