main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Questions:

1. Is there already a score/soundtrack?

2. Voice actors? Who/If they are gonna happen at all?

3. Giving Luke his balls back (Aka him either not dying or allowing himself to die so that the boys can escape or something...) a possibility?

2. Jedime

Jedime Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2002
    I know we've all been a little absent of late, but I've added Wave 2 of the Escape from Peril figures to my site:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/swfigs/hefp.html

3. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    Nice man...

4. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    Thanks. Wave 3 is also planned which will just be Luke and Mara as Jedi Masters. I finally got the parts I need, now I only need to find the time to make the figures :)

5. Michaelcoreybock

Michaelcoreybock Jedi Master

Oct 12, 2004
    Well, after logging countless lurker minutes I finally felt compelled to register.

The VFN script was pretty much a mixed bag. The opening was blah, until Leia and Golemun started verbally sparring. That scene was fantastic, so much so that I wondered why so much of the rest of the script felt...ponderous.

I think that the intial concept of the VFN sequels (as I understood them) was very promising. Voice acting mixed with music mixed with art and animation clips. I don't know if that fell by the way-side, but I think it still holds promise.

It sounds as though the production was marred by complications. You should all be proud you perservered. Admittedly, I find the final product to be somewhat lacking, but it sounds as though everyone is still hard at work. I hope that the entire team hasn't been disenfranchised with the concept.

Congrats, and I'm sure many people still follow this arena with interest.

6. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    So guys, is the Virtual Sequels project prety much garbaged now or what, cause this topic is dead. Just wondering, thanks in advance.

7. Lord_Vos

Lord_Vos Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    Hey guys, I haven't been checking this board out in a while, and it is starting to look a little dead. However, if this thing is definately still going, I would be more than glad to help out with any webpage stuff, music stuff, or anything that just needs to be done. I hope episode VIII is still on the way.

8. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    We really have been quiet haven't we? Well we're announcing an Offical Hiatus for the VS until January 5th. We've actually been on an unoffical hiatus since about the time that Owen had to leave us to go overseas. Urban became MIA around the same time, and personally I wonder if he was sent too. I've been unable to do much either since I have what feels like 1,000 grad school essays to type up (i know I'm exagerating, in reality it's probably somewhre between 600-700) That leaves just Mar in charge of art, which we weren't going to start on until after the first treatment was written. So in short, look for us after the holidays.

On the upside of things I've posted Wave 3 of the EfP figures - Jedi Masters Luke and Mara at my custom figure site. This essencially finishes the Episode VII line, though I'm using the George Lucas definition of "finish" which really means I'm done with what I've planned on doing, but I can always change things later if I feel like it :)

Click the link in my signature for the main site. The Episode VII custom figure page is here:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/swfigs/hefp.html

Edit - Almost forgot - I updated the Chancellor Leia figure as well, giving her the grey hair I forgot to give her before.

9. Gillespee

Gillespee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 1999
    I hope that the fact that you are using a GL definition of finished means that someday we can go revisit EfP and fix some of it's weaker moments.

10. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    wow, another accolade for my Golemun/Leia scene.

Thanks

Madine out

11. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    I read the script and the Leia/Goleman scene was the best in the entire thing.

The only thing I didn't like was that Luke goes out like a punk in the beginning.

Hand

12. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks, Hand.

Though I also like the scene when the boys and Thenna fight the two monsters, and they cut the bridge out from underneath the second monster.

Did you like that one? What didn't you like about it?

Madine out

13. Jhacha

Jhacha Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2005
    So, is this the end of the hiatus?

14. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Okay, here is a question I already asked but never got an answere to.

When Ben is about to kiss Thenna, Artoo interupts and reminds him of something in the Jedi code, presumably no love or attachment. If this is so, then how come Luke is married to Mara and they have two kids.

15. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    An excellent question, and one that will be answered never, for it is a plot hole.

Unless, of course, now they see your point, and go out of their way to work in a baloney explaination to justify it.

Good pick-up. I missed that, and I worked on the first script.

Madine out

16. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    Yes, the hiatus is now over, and it's back to work for us.

And plot hole? No no - you'll find out more later...

17. Gillespee

May 5, 1999
    In other words, it was a plot hole that we think we can fix. At least, that's what I think.

18. Jhacha

Jhacha Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool. Good luck.

19. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Yes, a plot hole not noticed before, as I said, and that will be explained in an obvious and clunky matter.

Do not see how that would be brought up without is being obvious, or discussing past events in a play-like way. A movie script is not that sort of forum....

But, hey, I know from past experience with this group that some folks do what they want, regardless of what others say or advise...

Stay tuned for how this resolves....

Madine out

20. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    No plot hole, no clunks. I put it in there and it'll have ramifications for the future episodes, as it was always intended, but to say anymore would be dropping spoilers.

21. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Sorry, dude, I seriously, 100% think you are full of it.

Just admit that it is a hole, an inconsistancy, and then admit if we can fix it in a non-clunky and obvious manner, we will.

Having one character question another about it, or having a character bring it up as a total non-sequitor (sp?) is going to look really really stupid and bad.

Sometimes, one can gain respect and strength by admitting when he/she is wrong, or has made a mistake.

Madine out

22. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance here...

But I was wondering, what exactly are the Virtual Sequels? Did you guys write up scripts as to what you would like to see? Or is it a fan film...Either way, I'd really like to take a look at what I can so any info would be much appreciated :)

23. Gillespee

May 5, 1999
    Good question. Since no one ever did anything with this FAQ I wrote, I'll post it here to help you out.

Q: What exactly are the Virtual Sequels?

A: Virtual Sequels (VS for short) is a fan based attempt to write sequels that convey the spirit of the Star Wars films.

Q: What? You mean George Lucas isn?t going to make real sequels?

A: Well, he?s made many statements going both ways over the years, but all the more recent ones have stated that the movies are a lot of work and he?s not interested in investing another decade or so of his life to another trilogy.

Q: Are you sure he?s not making sequels?

A: Well, he could change his mind again, but I wouldn?t hold your breath.

Q: So, what exactly are your VS about?

A: The VS team made the decision to focus on Luke and Mara?s two sons Ben and Kane, as well as their new ally Thenna. See the EfP script for details.

Q: EfP? Huh?

A: Escape from Peril, the title of our VS Episode VII.

Q: You already finished one? Where can I download it?

A: Well, actually that?s an interesting point. We haven?t made a movie; we?ve tried to make the VS a multimedia experience. Essentially, our goal is to make everything that a real movie would have but a movie. Script, concept art, story-boards, music, and a novelization, the works. Think of it as a fan project like Shadows of the Empire.

Q: So where?s all this multimedia stuff for EfP?

A: We ran into a few snags with Episode VII, and so far we only have some art and the script. More art and music might still be forthcoming.

Q: So when are the other two VS coming out?

A: A timeline has yet to be determined, but the VS Core Team is working out the basic plot for Episode VIII as we speak. From there will come treatments, editing, a script, editing, and a release!

Q: So, how does the Core Team work?

A: A large portion of the Core Teams work is done solo, writing, editing, or creating art. However, a lot is done collaboratively as well, through a private bulletin board here on TF.N?s boards. People discuss plot points, debate the virtues of this character?s or that character?s demise, and generally get into mischief. Occasional AIM meetings are also used to bolster communication, but since members are spread across a couple of continents, time zones make that more difficult.

Additionally, more information (as well as the script for Episode 7) are available at http://www.theforce.net/virtualsequels/.

Hope that helps.

24. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    You don't have to think Im full of it. You see, you have access to the private VS boards, which means you can read what was posted, even reviewing the discussions you particpated in. If you'd be so kind as to read over the story discussion boards for both Ep7 and 8, you'll see that the repercussions of R2's statement, and the plot point that stems from it have been discussed from back before the first draft of Episode 7 was completed until just about recently (prior to the hiatus of course). Sorry everyone else, you guys'll have to wait.

25. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh, gee, and I thought you forgot I had access.

Just got that impression last spring....

Madine out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.