Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Of course. I just love being part of something and keeping secrets... [face_devil] I'm evil, aren't I? ;)
  2. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just wanted to tell y'all that I am very surprised at the lack of threads on the Virtual Sequels. I, for one, am VERY excited and intrigued. Is there any way I can get involved in the process? I know a little bit about movies and I'm also a movie critic for the second biggest paper in Jersey,so I know what the people like and don't like. I'm decent at concept art too. Do I need to send in a resume, lol. ;)

I'm so excited! It sounds like such an intriguing concept. Keep me posted! excal
  3. Darth_FarDawg Jedi Master

star 1
    ?The bad guy isn't a clone, isn't a Sith, isn't a Hutt, isn't a bounty hunter, isn't a political or military figure... ?

Are we going to know who this person is?
  4. KongZilla Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it the dark side itself?
  5. HeavyArms Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thats exactly what I think, but we never saw the darkside being born.
  6. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    And have we seen the Light Side being born? ;)

Our villain is of the Dark Side, and as Chris said, we saw his birth in the already existing Star Wars movies. [face_devil]
  7. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, well, well. This is my first post as an insider and let me tell you, it's pretty cool! I'm with m17, we can all keep secrets and in fact have a secret handshake even. Just kidding. Seriously, it's shaping up to be an incredible project, and I think for those not directly involved, you're going to be pleasantly surprised. And, who knows, maybe some of us will slip up and let some secrets loose. Everybody knows, Lucas' crew has definately let some stuff go. And we're not even getting paid!
  8. Darth_FarDawg Jedi Master

star 1
    What kind of role will the former Empire play?
  9. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Well, we still didn't go into the details about the political situation in the galaxy. The VS take place 35 years after ANH (or was it ROTJ? I can't remember right now). Anyways, we're sort of comparing it to the post-WW2 Europe. And since we're not following the EU, it will be quite different than what we know from the books and comics. ;)
  10. Jude Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm also very excited about this project. I emailed you guys saying how much I'd like to get involved, though my interest is mostly with writing. I hope I might be able to help out in any way, though.

Trying to figure out who this villain could be has been driving me nuts. I'm also guessing that the focus of this trilogy might be around that mysterious girl (Luke's daughter?) on the main VS page. Having a female as the central character (if that's how it'll turn out) is a great idea.
  11. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to guess Leia falls to the dark side.
  12. Darth_FarDawg Jedi Master

star 1
    ?We're sort of comparing it to the post-WW2 Europe.?

The Postwar Era
    In the final days of war, advancing units of the United States and Soviet armies met near the German town of Torgau. This dramatic encounter symbolized the decline of European power and the division of the continent into United States and Soviet spheres of influence. Before long, the tension and suspicion engendered by the geographical proximity of the world's two superpowers took the form of Cold War, a test of resolve that was particularly nerve-racking at the dawn of the atomic age.

East-West Divisions
    Having sustained staggering losses during the war, the USSR was determined to establish a buffer zone in Eastern Europe. Between 1945 and 1948, Soviet-sponsored dictators contrived to seize power in Europe's war-torn heartland. In Germany, the pivotal arena, the zones of Allied occupation began to harden into political entities; by 1949, West and East German governments had been organized, finalizing the division of the continent. Alarmed by the ruthless imposition of Communist governments in Eastern Europe and by the vulnerability of a Western Europe that lay in economic ruin, U.S. Secretary of State George C. Marshall proposed a far-reaching program of aid designed to speed European recovery (see European Recovery Program). Rejected by the Soviet-dominated governments to the East, the Marshall Plan made possible a miraculous economic recovery in the West. The creation of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in 1949 further evidenced Western Europe's dependence upon the United States.
    No longer masters of their own destiny, the European nations, particularly England and France, were forced to dismantle their far-flung empires. During the first two postwar decades a stunning process of decolonization occurred, which had been prepared in part by the rise of the national movements in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East in the period between the wars. This decline of empire reflected a European crisis that was as much spiritual as it was political. Shattering revelations concerning Nazi death camps and painful memories of collaboration were transmuted into a sense of general guilt. For many, the nihilistic existentialism of the French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre represented the last word concerning the human condition.

Resistance to Soviet Control

Nevertheless, Europe proved remarkably resilient. Almost from the first, the Soviet leaders learned that the fierce national pride that animates the peoples of Eastern Europe could not easily be suppressed. In 1948, they were unable to prevent Josip Broz Tito, a resistance fighter and loyal Communist, from embarking on a distinctly Yugoslav road (see Communist Parties). In 1953, the year of Stalin's death, the East Germans rioted, and in 1956 the Hungarians waged a heroic if ill-fated battle against their Soviet masters. In 1968, Soviet control was tested in Czechoslovakia, where Communist leader Alexander Dubek began to liberalize Czech life during a brief period that became known as the Prague Spring. Again, Soviet military force, along with troops from other Warsaw Pact countries, crushed the experiment, but voices of resistance and reform continued to be heard. The USSR itself faced nationalist pressures as the constituent republics began to repudiate central government.

Resistance to U.S. Influence
    Far more welcome than the Russians, the Americans had addressed Europeans as partners in an Atlantic alliance. Some, however, perceived dangers in America's embrace. Chief among these proud Europeans was General Charles de Gaulle, who became president of France's Fifth Republic in 1958. Refusing to concede to the United States a permanent presence in Western Europe, de Gaulle ended military collaboration with NATO and began to develop France's own nuclear deterrent. Because of the ?special relationship? Britain was then cultivating with the United States, the French president vetoed British membership in the European Economic Community, or EEC (Common Market). De Gau
  13. Sauron Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow... a lot of detail there, FarDawg... but try not to read too much into that one statement. It's just a general idea of the setting, but remember that it's also the SW universe, so there are other factors involved as well.

Try to think of it with this in mind: The goal of the Virtual Sequels is to make the third trilogy the way George Lucas would have done them. Of course, no one can get it exactly how Lucas would have, but that is our goal and what we are researching. There are a plethora of great ideas for a third trilogy out there, but we can't just use an idea that someone develops unless it seems like something Lucas would have done himself. So if you really want something to do, think about it that way... and maybe go back through some of Lucas' older, original ideas and things he may have discarded and see if you can get some clues about where he might have taken the third trilogy...

Enjoy!
  14. Primetime_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Can you tell us is it someone good turned evil?

If it's similar to the post WW2 era, then it could be that a former ally of the rebellion (or USA and Britain) could become their enemy, just like the Soviet Union.

The Mon Calamari! They are red afterall...?[face_plain]

From what I've heard about George's original vision for 7-9, it was going to be about Luke's long lost sister who shows up, then there is the final showdown with the Emperor in Episode IX. Both of those possibilites seem to be ruled out now. So basically I'm clueless.
  15. Darth_FarDawg Jedi Master

star 1
    "try not to read too much into that one statement."

I wasn?t trying too. I thought it would be an interesting read. I just wanted to give people an idea of what you were saying. :)
  16. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Well, being European (and more, being from Slovakia, a country where we had Communism for 40 years), I can say that Europe after the war was pretty messy. But I think that a good comparison would be between the post-Empire galaxy and the today's Slovakia (that's where I'm from). You see, we had 41 years of Communism (from 1948 till 1989), and it left a huge mark on our country (countries; Slovakia AND Czech Republic). Not only the economy was ruined, but it influenced the people a lot. There are still prejudices against the western world rooted deeply in our people - it will take at least one or two generations until it's completely "cleared". I can speak for my generation - born in the end of 70's and beginning of 80's - we're called "Generation X" or "The new Generation". We're sick of the old prejudices and old opinions. We're looking towards the new future, towards the new alliances (heck, the only people who're protesting against Slovakia joining the European Union and NATO are the Slovak National Party and old people who still haven't gotten over the Communist's fall in '89). New chances are opened to us - we can travel freely to wherever we want, if we work hard we can work anywhere we want.... Our parents didn't have that kind of freedom. It was impossible to travel to the western world before 1989 - if you had a family in USA, you were considered half-traitor already. Anything that came from west was bad, corrupt, threatening the state. TV was full of pro-Communistic and "anti-imperialistic" propaganda; the Communism was praised as the best creation of the mankind, the ideal state. Which was all bunch of bull****, because you couldn't have your own opinion if it was different from the official ideology, you couldn't travel freely, religion was prohibited (my grandfather, who was a high school teacher and incredible brain, got fired because he refused to give up the Catholic faith - teachers, doctors, and people in high positions couldn't possibly be Christians), etc, etc. Now, after 12 years, the situation is totally different. However, the consequences are still here, deeply rooted in the people. Lack of trust, unreliability, corruption, intolerance, and many other things were caused by those 40 years. It will take a lot to truly change it.

Anyways, back to Star Wars. ;)

Can you tell us is it someone good turned evil?

Well.... from a certain point of view. ;) I won't tell you more - maybe if Chris is willing to reveal more... I don't know....
  17. Darth_FarDawg Jedi Master

star 1

STAR WARS
    EPISODE VII

THE DAWN OF EVIL

The Empire has fallen, but the battle is not yet over. There are still a large number of Imperialists that will not be disbanded easily. And they have gained enough firepower to resist the Republic.

Gen. Luke Skywalker, Jedi knight, and his Padawan student and niece Lucia Solo, along with his Astro-droid R2-D2, have been sent on a mission to sign a treaty with the leaders of the Planet Numodia, a major supplier of technology to the former Empire.

If the mission is a success the Imperial forces will have no supply of weaponry and will eventually crumble and fall and the New Republic will grow to its former glory. But unbeknownst to the Jedi the Imperialists have been alerted to their intentions and have set into motion a plan to stop them?

:D

18. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice opening crawl, Dawg, but unfortuneately not even close. Luke gave up his commision in the military to be a Jedi. Therefore he couldn't be a General. That all happened long ago. Keep guessing though. You may get it eventually.
  19. Darth_FarDawg Jedi Master

star 1
    UrbanJedi
    He is called General as a term of respect like Gen. Kenobi. That?s my take anyway.

PS I wrote this awhile back so it really isn?t my take on the Virtual Sequel :)
  20. Darth_FarDawg Jedi Master

star 1

This is a REALLY old story that I had changed after I heard about Dooku. I know it wouldn?t work but I liked it for myself. So I?m just putting it out.

STAR WARS
    EPISODE VII
    THE QUEST FOR HOPE

The Empire was thought to have been destroyed, but
    Soon after the victory at the battle of Endor a Star Destroyer loomed over the Ewok village and destroyed most of the Rebel troops.

Three of the survivors were: a badly wounded Han Solo, Princes Leia Organa and her brother, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. Han was captured and taken to the Tabanda Gas Mines. Leia was also taken captive and held by the New Emperor, Count Dooku, Lord of the Sith.

Luke managed to escape to Tatooine and live in hermitage.
    After many years Luke gave up all hope of ever rescuing his sister Leia and defeating the new Sith Empire. But unbeknownst to him the very hope he needed was living as a Bounty Hunter in the charge of Gardena the Hut.

21. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but.... there won't be any Sith in the VS... :p

Nice opening crawls, though. :) You may have got some things right... ;)
  22. Primetime_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Man, I can't remember anybody being born in the four films we have so far. You're not including Episodes II and III, right? Just to be clear, are you talking about a specific person actually born in the existing four movies, or is it some vague "certain point of view" stretch metaphor "this concept or ideal was born" thingamajigger? Thanks. :)
  23. HeavyArms Jedi Knight

star 1
    Remember all those rumors of a Sith from the PT being in the ST maybe this Sith is Count Dooku?
  24. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    As was said before, there will NOT be a Sith in the Virtual Sequels! Our villains will be evil enough without having to be Siths... ;) [face_devil]

And P_J, you're right - it's sort of a vague hint, a "certain point of view" thing... ;)
  25. Theorizer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok ranting time so try to stay with me.

1) No sith huh? Well does that mean Dark Jedi are excluded too? (of course I expect a very vauge answer for this :D )

2) We witnessed the birth of the new bad guy huh? Well since this IS Star Wars and influenced by Joseph Campbell not everything has to take on a literal meaning. i.e. Darth Vader, when he gave Palps the shaft( get it, cuz Palps fell down a....forget it) Anakin Skywalker was "reborn". So let's think that something of the oppisate nature happened to one of our heros, something made them turn to the other side.

I could go on about that, but I won't...just in case I'm on the right track I don't want to over step the line.

3) Post- war europe? Well I think you guys covered it, trying to rebuild and such, but 35 years after the war the people were just getting smothered by the USSR...hmm there's a thought Soviet Union= New Republic?!?

But again, this has just been me rambling on, so draw your own conclusions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.