main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL, how apposite your name is, Theorizer... :p

Anyways. Nice speculation, I must say. OK, here are my comments:

1. Dark Jedi. They're not exactly the Sith.... and of course you must have lightsaber duels in Star Wars.... ;)

2. OK, I think you lost me here (since English is not my first language)... :p I'll leave this point to someone else.

3. New Republic = USSR? :eek: :eek: [face_plain] Aah... I don't really think so. I think that the post-Empire situation in the galaxy could be described like this: The economical and political situation is similar to that in Europe after WW2 (confusion, devastated countries, economical problems, etc.). But the cultural situation, and the people's opinions can be compared to the atmosphere in the post-communistic countries after the fall of communism (like Czechoslovakia in 1989, for instance - oh, by the way, if you want a good picture on how it looked, watch the Czech movie Kolya. It won the Oscar for the best foreign movie in 1996 and it's really good). People are happy and relieved - they finally have freedom. But the suspicion is still there and they're a bit afraid of the new government. The relationships between people are changed, and even though they're glad that the old bad regime is over, they're still not sure about the new one. :) That's how I see it.

2. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Hey, guys. I sent these Character Updates to the VS e-mail and I just thought I'd post it here for kicks. I wrote them to amuse me and found it was a lot of fun. So hopefully enjoy.

Luke Skywalker: After the Battle of Endor, Luke Skywalker began his training of Leia Organna, but Leia's involvement in the burgeoning New Republic was just too much of a distraction for her to seriously commit to the Jedi philosophy. So, with no one to instruct, Luke searched the galaxy for potential Jedi candidates. Over a 20 year period Luke established the New Jedi Order. 7 Members including Luke, this group of freedom fighters honed their skills of the Force for inner strength. The Galaxy had grown into an era of peace and prosperity and the Jedi's need to maintain justice was quite minimal.
    Then tragedy struck. Their friend and master Luke Skywalker mysteriously disappeared on a mission in the Outer Rim territories. The six Jedi set out to search for Luke in the vast and sparsely populated quadrant, but to no avail. After a time the six Jedi decided to spread their investigation to the rest of the galaxy and formerly disbanded the council.
    Banndel Jan, Faywen Neel, Gandrok Moog and Arrden Vir all went their separate ways. Only Norjin Bow and his padawan Deyluna Solo journeyed together. Each of the Jedi would occasionally contact Chancellor Leia Organna if any word had reached the Republic of Luke, but none ever came. For ten years the Jedi roamed the galaxy in their quest. At times they would assist the week or help the oppressed but always careful to never become involved in any political conflicts.

Norjin Bow: Born on the mountainous third continent of Backraas on the planet Giiore, Norjin was Luke's second Jedi student. A humanoid in his late thirty's he is an expert in the use of his lightsaber. But at an early stage of his training a foolish battle with a Tonkaaris beast cost him his lower left arm. He now wears a bio-mechanical replacement. He is not the youngest member of the New Jedi but certainly the most quick tempered.

Deyluna Solo: Daughter of Han Solo and Leia Organna. Deyluna follows the path of the Jedi with deep commitment. She has a strong bond with her Uncle Luke. Han and Leia were regrettably too preoccupied with the affairs of the galaxy to give her the attention she wanted as a young girl and her Uncle offered guidance in the ways of the force to cope. She is now a young, independent woman in her twenties, who is nearing the end of her padawan learning with her master Norjin Bow.

Chancellor Leia Organna: Leader of the Galactic Senate Leia has used her strength in the Force to keep her position as Chancellor a fair and honorable one. In her late fifties Leia has finally seen what her mother had only dreamed. A galaxy were peace and prosperity reign. Her decades of work against the tyranny of the Empire and it's descendents have also taken their toll on her family. Though her relationship with her beloved General Han Solo and her son Zain was never pierced, the gap between her and her daughter, Deyluna has always burned a hole in her heart.

General Han Solo: Who would have thought that Han Solo's caviler attitude towards life would have ever been reigned in? All it took was the love of Leia Organna and the birth of his children Deyluna and Zain. Han's career crept up on him. Becoming a General in the Rebellion was never a permanent position as far as he was concerned. He stayed at the front line of eliminating the Empire's remaining miscreants. His knowledge of the "underworld" of the galaxy was a key factor in their extermination. But as with everything age slows the muscle and Han knew he couldn't be out hopping galaxies forever. So he settled in on Coruscant and re accepted his position as General, but now in the New Republic. His main focus is the elimination of the Galactic Crime League.

Lando Calrissian: Retired from his 20 year career as senator to the Bespin star system, Lando has settled in with satisfaction. Married to his long lost love Yana, Lando is still the charming man he

3. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    My guess is that Luke or Leia will fall or will have fallen to the Dark Side and that Luke's daughter or one of the Skywalker's must try to redeem the one who has stumbled. That would be a neat scenario, to see a fallen Leia. Sure, a million fanfics have dealt with it, some better than others, and I doubt this will be a part of the movie, but it would be kinda neat. A Dark Side Luke would be an awesome concept, better than Dark Empire comics (which were decent). How great would it be to see Luke have to save his daughter from falling or vice versa?

Just some conspiracy theories.

Happy Valentines Day! excal

4. Theorizer

Theorizer Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2001
    Ahh.....PINK.....it's everywhere!!!( if you are reading this after Valentine's Day...you will be confused)

But to the point, I have mixed feeling about a dark Luke. On one hand, I think it's really possible, just think about another Vader, but not being wieghed down by the machinery, a fully organic evil. And we've witnessed the "birth" of an evil Luke. Remember in Jedi when he freaked out after Vader found out about Leia? Sure it was a one time incident, but the seed of anger is in him

On the other hand, it seems, well, repedative. I mean Anakin falls, then Luke? The Skywalker family seems very negative ;)

But, not matter what I want to see some girl Jedi in action! Really, I think it's time we see a female weilding a lightsaber, and since Luke's daughter is apperently in it....she better kill something ;)

Or hey, even a female dark Jedi...that would be awsome.

Jumping back to Luke's daughter thing, since the VS aren't following the EU that much...who is her mother? A new character? Someone from the EU?

Happy Valentines Day!

5. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Good point about the negativity of the Skywalker clan. Maybe there should be a scene involving Luke and Leia with a shrink. Couldn't you picture a Soprano-like session?

"So what do you think is the source of your anger, Mister Skywalker?"

"Well, my sister got to be a princess while I slaved away as a farmer. My mom died before I got a chance to know her,my aunt and uncle, who were fried for no reason, wouldn't let me apply to the Academy, and oh yeah, my Dad murdered thousands of the galactic police officers and became the stooge of the most evil man in the galaxy. Does that help?"

"I think our time is up!..."

;)

But I do agree, it would be cool to see a fully trained female Jedi. I hope Mara appears in this, I like her character a lot. But we shall see! excal

6. Darth_FarDawg

Darth_FarDawg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2002
    Mar17swgirl
    I know that there won?t be Sith in the VS. Like I said before these were made BEFORE the VS. Just so you know these do not represent my opinion about what will be in the VS. I have a totally different approach to them. [face_devil] :D

PS Don?t think I?m angry with you or anything I just wanted to clarify things. :)

PPS Will you be my VALENTINE? [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

7. Samurai-Jack

Samurai-Jack Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    This is very interesting stuff.

8. Sauron

Sauron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    LOL

Good one, Fardawg. :p

We're gonna see some female Jedi in action, for sure. ;)

9. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    Speaking of the Galactic Empire=USSR......

Everyone remember when Reagan called the USSR an "Evil Empire" (cue stubborn, old, drunk Democrats - Ted Kennedy in particular- BOOO!) and then he began making a missile program called "Star Wars"
    - does anyone know if that guy was a SW fanboy or what?

Sorry if I'm a LITTLE off the topic. :D

mmmmmmm......sarlacc burgers......

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    It's bib Fortuna!!! BLLLAAAAAH!

;)

Oh, BTW, Chris, didja get my email with the art? Want more? What?

11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Nice discussion, everyone... ;)

I just want to remind everybody who sent (or wants to send) anything (e-mail, ideas, art...) to the Virtual sequels, BE PATIENT!!! There are hundreds of e-mails handled each week, so it's kind of tough to get through all of them. But don't worry, sooner or later someone will reply to you. ;)

12. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I finally thought of someone who WAS born in the movies so far....C3PO! But I have my doubts about him being the bad gudy.

Dark side Luke seems plausible. PLUS, that was of the original ideas for the sequel trilogy.

13. Darth_FarDawg

Jan 30, 2002
    "We've seen the villain before. In TWO previous movies, and MAYBE more than that."

14. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    That's the thing, Fardawg. It doesn't seem to add up. Maybe it's the "dark side of Luke" that was born. It showed up in ESB (theoretically) and also appeared in ROTJ, when Luke started swinging wildly at Vader. That's two movies.

Am I warm?

15. Darth_FarDawg

Jan 30, 2002
    Primetime_Jedi
    :eek:
    That?s an interesting idea. I think your on to something. ?[face_plain]

16. d-bane80

d-bane80 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2001
    Great thread Fardawg.

I think the bad guy should be Luke. that would be cool.

Keep speculating guys.

17. Kendu_Knight

Kendu_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I don't know about Luke being the badguy. I always thought that Luke would try and take after Ben Kenobi (except for the living on a dustbowl for 20 years with no human contact).

Let's see...

If this is supposed to be how Lucas would have made it, then we will have:

1. A big space battle at the end where a Skywalker blows up a big command station.

2. Luke Skywalker will bite the blade. Face it...Luke's dead...

3. A hero comes from a horrible life on Tatooine.

That's all I can think of now, but George Lucas likes to be repetitive with themes (TPM-ANH, AOTC-TESB, etc.).

Who could the villain be?

18. d-bane80

d-bane80 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2001
  19. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    Luke Skywalker is a hero. The original trilogy taught us this. We will lose one hero to the dark side in the saga; we don't need to lose another. Luke should be a good guy until the day he dies--that is just who he is. Now, if I got to choose, the villian would be someone who is strong in the force but is from a very backwoods planet and was raised impropperly in his study and knowlege of the force. Maybe this person has differet views of how the force should be used than the Jedi have concidered.

20. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    You guys were doing good...now you're a little off track. Keep guessing.

21. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2001
    Is the villain Leia? She is the only force sensitive aside from Luke that isn't dead and that we know of.

22. Kendu_Knight

Dec 2, 2001
    There could be others that Luke has found and trained. Or maybe the other Jedi in hiding trained some people. Obi-Wan and Yoda couldn't have been the only ones left. That's a big galaxy.

23. Darth_Fromupnorth

Darth_Fromupnorth Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    Quote:
    We've seen the villain before. In TWO previous movies, and MAYBE more than that.

It's Greedo! :D

24. Kendu_Knight

Dec 2, 2001
    Greedo's dead. It was Han who shot first.

The villain is R2-D2. He's been playing them all...

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    LMAO!!! [face_laugh] Darth Artoo... :eek: [face_devil] :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.