Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mojo_Jojo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Virtual Sequels=Poodoo

[face_plain]
  2. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Why do you think that, Mojo_Jojo? OK, you think it's poodoo, but please at least say why, so we can discuss it. :)

And Sauron, you made a good point. ;) There's much more to the VS than the villain... :D
  3. Mojo_Jojo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Difficult to say, always in motion is the poodoo.

:D
  4. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Sauron-Why are you agreeing with SWgrl on kicking me off the VS team? Poodoo? Poodoo? You haven't even seen anything yet. Why don't you wait a little while before you judge. That's all I've got to say about that.

5. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When is this due out anyways?
  6. Master-Yoda Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So the plot is the villain?

Was this villain a good guy in a star wars movie?

Please do not make Luke turn to the dark side.
  7. BattleDroid1138 Force Ghost

star 3
    I am guessing that you plan on the Hamlet ending for Ep. 9 everyone's dead or dying in the last scene.
  8. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Don't worry, I can assure you that Luke will not turn to the Dark Side. We're not following EU (well, at least not the crappy side of EU. ;) ). And the plot is not all about the villain. As I said before, there are many things in VS besides the villain. :) And the ending? It won't be everybody's death. Rather, it will be the final fulfillment of the prophecy and the birth of the Skywalker family legend. :D
  9. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    To answer Vaderbait's question. Nothing has been made official on a release date yet. Keep checking back on TF.N for more updates.

10. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, looking back, HE (which is used repeatedly) is not a....
    SITH
    BOUNTY HUNTER
    HUTT
    POLITICAL FIGURE
    MILITARY FIGURE
    CLONE

Apparently Luke DOES NOT fall to the Dark Side...

We also know I got a response for my comment a while back (the one that ends with hard to see the dark side is...). So that could be a clue.

Who is our baddie?
    HE has appeared in at least two movies and could be in more.

Well, Boba Fett is out of the running.

Lando was introduced in Empire Strikes Back and could be mentioned in Episode Three since he survived.

Just because it was said that the villain was introduced in two movies doesn't neccesarily mean they weren't in three or more...

Prequel-era characters would be kind of old to have...

No one has brought up Han yet,although that's a bit of a wild theory...

Pilots have yet to be mentioned in some ways...

CHEWIE!!! I wonder if he will remain alive or dead...DARTH WOOKIE, lol

We shall see... excal

11. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Lando was introduced in Empire Strikes Back and could be mentioned in Episode Three since he survived.

I believe you meant Episode Seven... ;) :p
  12. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ack! Damn fingers...sorry, I was up for 27 straight hours and I am still recovering.

What I meant to write was....

Lando was introduced in Empire Strikes Back and since he survived ROTJ, he could appear in Episode 7. He also is old enough to at least have a reference in Episode Three (he's actually older than Han).

THERE WE GO! I wish I had that Jedi trait to refresh myself. I need sleep....
    excal
  13. Master-Yoda Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Leia is not going to fall to the dark side or turn bad is she?
  14. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    I think it would be cool to have a Lando cameo in Ep.III (according to the TFN Timeline, he'd be around 9 in Ep.III). ;) But I doubt it. :)
  15. Primetime_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Do you insiders know the title of Episode VII? or VIII or IX?

Can you drop us a hint? :D :D :D
  16. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    The title is....

Attack of the slimy tomatoes from outer space....

Actually the working title is Episode VII, this is just like a Lucas production, there will be no title announced for a while. When a title is decided upon, it will be posted just like "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" was. Check TF.N for updates.
  17. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    UrbanJedi is right. We haven't even thought about it. Heck, we don't even have the storyline yet! :p
  18. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    UP!

Still wondering if I'll ever get an email back about joining the behind-the-scenes-sequel-squad, but patience is a virtue, I guess. We all know that adventure and excitement ain't what a Jedi craves, right? ;)

excal
  19. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know what the Virtual Sequels are, but I am sort of new to them...are they going to be based around the books following ROTJ?
  20. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Check the main VS page and the previous posts. We've said it numerous times (and I guess we'll have to repeated numerous times again, ;)), VIRTUAL SEQUELS ARE NOT EU, NOR THEY ARE IN ANY CONNECTION WITH IT. We're staying clear of EU. There won't be Jacen or Jaina or any events from the books. However, we MAY (I repeat, we MAY) take some things from the EU, but it's not for sure yet.

:)
  21. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    Name of bad guy = G__________________

Hmm... I seem to remember an alternate universe scenario over at SWRPGNETWORK.com that involved Luke turning into a Sith, with the name Darth Gadrel.

The villain = Luke?
  22. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    No, Luke is not the villain, and he is NOT turning to the Dark Side (Force forbid!). ;) We're not going by the EU, and ESPECIALLY NOT by THAT part of EU!!! :eek: *cough*Dark Empire*cough* ;)
  23. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    IT's isn't necessarily EU... Luke showed Darkside tendencies as he bested Vader in a saber duel on the DS 2...

But anyway...
  24. Master-Yoda Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I don't like the EU, I hate the way Luke turns to the dark side, and the Idea of Chewie being killed, and Leia becoming a Jedi, and then after when Chewie dies, Han loses his mind.

I hope you guys that are making the Virtual Sequels, will not kill any of the Cast, from
    the Old Trilogy, Mr. Lucas made them, and I think he should be the only one to be able to kill the things he made up. I hope you
    think so to.
  25. UrbanJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Let me explain something to everybody about death. The galaxy can't exist without it. The Force can't exist without it. It's a natural part of the circle of life. There is no way the core group can go through the galaxy, leading the lifestyles they lead, and not skirt death. Eventually it's going to catch up with them. Now, I'm not saying that anyone dies in the VS, and I'm not saying that anyone won't die. Obviously we can't tailor write this story to meet each and everyones needs. But, remember this. Everybody on the VS crew are Star Wars fans, and having said that, we wouldn't do anything unless it was in the best interest of the story. We're not going to just arbitrarily start killing characters just for the heck of it. In the EU, although I was saddened by Chewie's death, I agreed with the literary point and welcomed it. However, on that same note, I wasn't as willing to accept the death of Anakin. But, Star by Star was the middle book of the series and thus called for some serious darkness. Anyways, my point is....people die! And, people are more likely to die when they put themselves in a position where greater harm may befall them. And if...and I mean IF one or more of the Original Characters dies in our story, I hope you won't just give up hope on us and turn it completely off. Most likely it was done for a reason. Try to find that reason and read on, true believer! That's it for now. There are more spoilers on the way in the near future. Production is starting to pick up. May the Force be with you all!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.