main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catalyst

Catalyst Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    There are three "Sith" in EFP. Darth Nyx takes on the Maul/Dooku/Jango/Grevious role while a "Sidious" like figures governs in the background. There is a masked Sith introduced near the end of the script.

2. Jedi87

Jedi87 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003
    Hey what's up all? Haven't posted here in a while. I just finished reading EFP. It's great, more then what I expected! Now I really can't wait for the sequels lol. Anyway can we get any info on that sith that was introduced at the end, or what's going on between Kane and Nyx? lol

3. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I still can't open the pdf file with the script :mad:

"Error opening document, could not repair file"

I've downloaded it a few times and it says the same every time. Anyone got any ideas?

4. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    A lot of your questions will be answered soon regarding the plot and such. Trust me.

5. darthduko

darthduko Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2004
    I guess no one cared about my ideas for Episode 8.

6. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Actually, I kinda dug your ideas about Episode 8, darthduko...some good stuff there.

7. filmmaker123

filmmaker123 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2004
    Hey, I'm new here. I just read the script for Episode VII last week, it was pretty good. I started writing one for the next episode just for fun, I'm about fifty pages in (I write the beginning and end first and fill in spaces). Here's a link of how I think the next one should end.

www.angelfire.com/film/step8

P.S. Darthduko has awesome ideas. I especially like the killing off main characters also. If there's any interest I'll post some more excerpts.

8. Ol_TFTC

Ol_TFTC Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2004
    Well I think that following all of Darth Duko's ideas would be a bit bloodthirsty for Star Wars - In both trilogies so far there have been very few deaths of major characters.

Still there is room to get rid of one or two main or secondary characters without appearing too un-SW

9. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    For Episode Nine, it would be a neat twist to have Luke Skywalker die, maybe saving his sons.

10. darthduko

darthduko Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2004
    Nice to hear some positive comments on my ideas for Ep8. My intentions were to make it darker, but certainly not bloodthirsty. I'm only suggesting that 2 Jedi die, one in the beginning and one in the end. That's spaced far enough apart so it's not over the top. Also, I mentioned genocide as part of the Coalition takeover or whatever. I don't even know what the Coalition is up to so the VS team may have a better idea. I made this suggestion only because WWII history is always interesting and fills up the History Channel for hours on end. George Lucas (and Spielberg for that matter) like taking from and making things about this era of history and that's why I thought it would be a good storyline.

Urban, I'm definitely no script writer, but I can write short stories and things like that. I'm not interested in writing pages and pages of material, but if you'd like me as a story consultant or editor or for writing descriptions of scenes to eventually be put into script form send me a message. I know you have a lot of help already, but if you need more, I'm available.

11. Stentzen

Stentzen Jedi Master star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    Filmmaker123, I really liked what I read of your script. Please keep writing, I'd like to hear more of your ideas. I will pass what you have written along to the VS-Team.

Lee

12. darthduko

darthduko Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2004
    I liked that part of Filmaker123's script too. That's a great cliffhanger ending.

13. filmmaker123

Jun 10, 2004
    Thanks for the comments, I'm not sure which part to post next. I'll post something when I think which would be best to post next. I'm open to suggestions on what part you would like to read next. Oh, and Viceroy_Wagar, great idea.

14. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Thanks man... Urban Jedi, you said that all of our questions will be answered soon enough, does that mean that there is going to be like a Q & A sometime soon? Thanks in advance...

15. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    f123:

Wow! I gotta say I REALLY REALLY liked your ideas. If you post more (and I hope you do), I'd like to see more characterizations. Ben could use some fleshing out. As far as Kane goes, what brought him here? We see glimpses in Ep 7, bu something big happened that we're not seeing.

Great job!

Wood

16. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    An interesting ending to the piece that you're writing Filmmaker123. I liked it.

I'm not supposed to discuss what is being talked about regarding Episode VIII at the moment, since it's still fairly early in the process, but rest assured that a lot, and I mean A LOT, of ideas are being thrown around. We have a committed team (in the case of some of them, straight-jackets are necessary ;) ) that want to make the next one in the series something special. Sort of an Empire for the VS :D

darthduko, I agree with the idea of a darker feel for VIII, and have geared many of my ideas and suggestions towards that, though I wouldn't expect any wholesale slaughters :p

Ooh, this is much harder than I thought, writing about something without saying anything about it. LOL!

17. Macavity

Macavity Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2004
    Regarding Episode 8...
    If you're wanting this to be as close to the Star Wars movies as possible it might be a good idea to look into the inspirations behind the original Star Wars movie (Hidden Fortress and such). Alot of these films have some really cool ideas that haven't yet been incoperated into the Star Wars galaxy.
    I'd also recommend checking out Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as there are some very interesting master and apprentice status themes going on in there.The story is ace too.
    Don't forget the Han-Chewie humour too.

18. darthduko

darthduko Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2004
    LOL wholesale slaughter isn't quite what I had in mind. Perhaps genocide has already been covered since the Emperor and Darth Vader wiped out the Jedi. Anyways, it was only one idea, I have plenty more.

19. filmmaker123

Jun 10, 2004
    Okay, well I just posted the new excerpt. It'll probably make a few people angry. You might think something really doesn't happen but it does and you'll see what I mean. It took me a while to want to put this part up but I eventually decided this would be the most controversial so have fun talking about this one. I'll bring another one as soon as possible, if another one is still wanted after this.

Here's the site again:
    www.angelfire.com/film/step8

20. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    I don't like it. I didn't like VS Episode VII either. I don't know what it is, but the entire thing just reeks of badly written, fanboy EU. I can't read anymore. Good luck with the project though.

-Bane

21. filmmaker123

Jun 10, 2004
    That's cool. I'm not exactly a fanboy nor do I think this would ever get made but its fun nonetheless. You should try it. :D

22. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Did everyone just lose interest in this or what? Nobody is replying... Anyways, when are our questions gonna be answered Urban, like who these Sith are and whatnot? Thanks in advance...

23. darthduko

darthduko Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2004
    I agree, this place has gone dead over the last week. When will the Q&A be?

24. NekoKaiju

NekoKaiju Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    To break the silence....here is Minch

[image=http://atlas.walagata.com/w/nekokaiju/minchicon.jpg]

Just to let you know, Things are gearing up for the art on EpVIII.

25. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Will that icon be uploaded to the JC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.