main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~* Virtual Sequels Music :: A Look Inside *~

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by RidingMyCarousel, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey, everyone. :)

Since Star Wars Community has the Virtual Sequels discussion thread, I thought it would be appropriate for the Star Wars Music forum to have a Virtual Sequels Music thread. Now, you may be asking yourself what these "Virtual Sequels" are. I know I was when I first heard of the project near half a year ago. ;)

If you're interested in catching up/reading about the Virtual Sequels, then be sure to check out the Virtual Sequels Section on TheForce.Net's main page.

This thread itself may contain spoilers for the "sequels": Do not read any further if you wish to know nothing about the project's storyline until after it is finished. I will be doing my best to only let out the information that is contained on the general pages (Character names, planet names and that's it), but things may slip here and there. Sorry in advance about this.

Now; onto the music:
    Being the Virtual Sequels' Musical Advisor and Composer, I want to let everyone have a little look into the music that will be going into the project. I've already begun the scoring process and have about two pieces completed.

What are your thoughts on the entire issue, though? Would you like to see "familiar" themes from the other movies in this project? Or would you rather that it go off on a separate (but not too far off) path from the OT music?

And I'll post a clip of a song later. :)

Thanks, everyone! :)

~ James

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I'll post a clip of a song later

You mean a TRACK, right?

Or maybe you don't... [face_mischief]

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I meant song. ;)

Didn't you hear? We're hiring Elton John to remake Duel of the Fates and he'll be writing a duet between Luke and Chewie!

;)

4. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    lmao!

sounds great, Roy! I know I would like to hear some familiar themes (otherwise it wouldn't seem like the same GFFA), but I am not sure how you would deal with copyright infringement issues...

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Didn't you hear? We're hiring Elton John to remake Duel of the Fates and he'll be writing a duet between Luke and Chewie!

[face_laugh] LOL!

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    but I am not sure how you would deal with copyright infringement issues...
    -- To my knowledge, as long as we don't use a complete progression, theme or an exact cut from a score, there's no copyright infringement whatsoever. It's only if you take it note for note.

Actually, something I had been thinking about playing around with was the "Force" theme in a different key (preferably something with a minor tone to it..).

Now, I promised a little clip.
    So.. here's a sample of a piece. Download Here (right click and Save As).

I'll divulge the entire piece later this week, as a "preview" of sorts. Along with the commentary and such.

Enjoy. :)

7. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Sounds groovy. :cool:

8. Pfft

Pfft Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    I think I heard that on my King's Quest IV game...

;)

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    Good one, Pfft. ;)

Is there any more interest in this...?

10. RONDC20

RONDC20 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2001

I would very much want to hear the existing Star Wars themes by John Williams. As for the infringement issues, dont worry about it as log as this remains a profit free fan project your ok and you can use the themes.

PLEASE!!! Use the classic Star Wars themes.

Ronald C

11. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I once put together an edit of what I thought the opening theme for Ep3 might sound like. I used unused cues from past SW scores. I probably still have it somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm sorry, but what the heck was that about? Maybe I don't completely understand what the virtual sequels are. I'm a newbie here sort of. Just use the classic Star Wars themes. No offense. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.