main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Virtual set #5 spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Asteroids Do Not Concern Me (V)
    Effect
    Deploy on table. On each of your deploy phases, you may ?Â¥ Rycar's Run or one asteroid sector. Asteroid Sanctuary is canceled. Whenever you complete Rycar's Run, place it out of play. During your control phase, opponent loses 1 Force for each battleground asteroid sector that you control (limit 3). (Immune to Alter.)

Wars Not Make One Great (V)
    Effect
    Deploy on Table. At any time you may /\ Inner Strength. If you have a Jedi present in a battle at a site, neither player may draw more than 2 battle destiny in that battle. (Immune to Alter).

Location, Location, Location (V)
    Effect
    Deploy on table. Once during each players deploy phase, that player may use 2 Force to \/ any planet battleground site not already on the table. Your locations are destiny +1 when drawn for destiny. (Immune to Alter.)

2. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Curious is you know how many virtual cards will be in this set?

R'Bolt

3. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    see this thread to see the total card list:

V Set 5

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Bad Feeling Have I (V)
    Effect
    Deploy on table. Once per game, may \/ Vader (deploy +2). While Let Them Make The First Move not on table, once per turn, may use 2 force to /\ any card (without ability) with 'duel' in its game text. (Immune to Alter.)

The Dark Path (V)
    Effect
    Deploy on table. You may lose your just drawn destiny to cause a redraw. After drawing battle destiny, may lose X Force to add twice X attrition against opponent.

Son of Skywalker (V)
    P:5 A:5 D:4 F:8
    [P2] Deploys -2 to Dagobah. Training Destiny +1. Once per turn, \/ a card with 'training destiny' in its game text. Immune to attrition <# of Jedi Test completed.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Bron Burs (V)
    D2 F4

Cancel opponent's site game text (except docking bay transit) where present. Blaster Rifle is considered a matching weapon, and deploys and fires for free. Draws one battle destiny if unable to otherwise. Immune to attrition <4 while armed with a weapon.

Harc Seff (V)
    D2 F4

(P2) You generate +1 force for each of opponent's non-battleground locations on table. Your leaders deploy -2 to same site. Once per game, may /\ one Immediate Effect.

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Lt. Cmdr. Ardan must have been changed to something different, because the TD at a recent tournament here said his virtual version was going to be great, but he's not on the list.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Sudden Impact and Ineffective Maneuver (the text is the same for both):

STARTING EFFECT

Before any starting cards are revealed, deploy on table with up to 5 cards from outside your deck face-down under here. Cards under here do not count toward your deck limit. Thrice per game, may lose 2 Force to play a Defensive Shield from here, as if from hand. Permanent weapons do not cause forfeit = 0. Characters hit by permanent weapons are forfeit -3.

Ug, I don't like this at all. I definitely don't see any reason for using this over the original starting effects.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Flagship (V)

Deploy on your Star Destroyer. May draw one battle destiny (two if on Executor) if unable to otherwise. Once per turn, may /\ one admiral, A Dark Time For The Rebellion, Tactical Recall, Field Promotion, or one card with 'Executor' in its game text. Counter Assault may not be played. Landing Claw canceled here.

9. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    The complete spoilers are now available at the official PC werbsite. Enjoyb and let us know what you think!

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Flash Of Insight is easily my favorite card in the set. It's such a cool mechanic.

11. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Obi's App is one of the coolest Star Wars card I've seen in some time. When trying to explain to a new player that the game captures every aspect, I'm going to start pointing to this card.

In terms of mechanics I like Hiding In The Garbage. This card has a lot of potential and is very creative from a design standpoint.

12. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    When is this set going to be released?

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Nevermind, I just visited the website. Unfortunatly I can only forsee myself using one, maybe two of these cards with my current decks. :(

Since I'm new to the virutal cards, I was wondering how often they're released and it looks like there will be a set for each series, correct?

14. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    About one every three months.. and yes, there will be at least one for each expansion.

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    three months? Cool, I figured it would have been longer. I can't wait!!! :D

16. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    Actually, we do virtual sets about every four months (three times a year), though we're talking about sneaking in an extra exapansion this year!

In addition, we aren't really following the "expansions", per se, but rather the movies themselves. That's why you got three virtual expansions from A New Hope, and why you've got two sets so far from TESB (one from the first part, Hoth, and now one from the middle segment, Dagobah). In other words, we won't actually do a *set* of virtual cards based on Special Edition, because the cards from that set are mixed in with the other segments of the movie (you see them in just about every virtual set).

Hopefully this explains a little better what we're doing.

And whoever told you that Lt. Commander Arden was in this set was just pulling your leg. That character was never even considered for being virtualized. :)

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ah, clearer the future is! Thanks :)

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, you don't need to do a virtual SE set because it's already a goldmine of characters you need to flesh out the light side of this Dagobah set. :)

19. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    He was probably just trying to make me feel better about the 13 packs of WB Dagobah he gave me for prize support as the winner of his tournament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.