main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Visions--A JA Short Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Jun 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Gee, there seems to be a lot of guesses being thrown around about Sira's visions.
    Well, I'd so far say that of the guesses, you're all close but not quite there.

More will be explained later hopefully in the next post. More clues should be given out in the least about her visions if I don't just blurt out write what they are in the next one.

2. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Healer Apprentice Lina don't tease POST!!!!!!

I want to know exactly what these visions are, of course a long drawn out explanation would be most welcome. Lots of angst is also encouraged. Thanks!!!!!

3. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, well, here's the next small post if you insist. Um....it might cause a bit of confusion, these next few posts. Hopefully, not, though. Well, here goes:
    Kelly Kenobi angst will be coming soon. No worries.
    Before Sira could make it past the door, Bren grabbed her arm.

"Wait. What do you mean 'longer than he wishes to' ? What did you see?" he asked urgently. Sira remained silent. "Surely nothing in Master Jinn's future" Bren pressed. "You were bound to Kenobi, not his master."

"All the same, I need to talk to Master Jinn." Sira loosened herself from Bren's grip and went for the door.

"Wait a minute! We agreed on this. We weren't going to discuss your visions with anyone just yet!" Bren reminded, blocking her path.

"This is different!"

"Why?!" Bren's violet eyes swirled to a dark blue in rising anger.

"Because to do nothing is worse Bren!" Sira yelled, her eyes matching his. "We're healers! We're supposed to help people! If I don't talk to Master Jinn, a greater suffering is in store for Obi-Wan."
    Sira could already feel tears rising in her eyes.

"And what will you tell Master Jinn exactly? From past experiences your visions have hardly been clear or complete for that matter." Silence followed Bren's words. "Do you know specifically what exactly this danger is? Will it happen soon? " Bren questioned.

"No."

Bren drew in a deep breath. "Then you are about to march into there and tell a man who is half dazed with worry and sleep deprivation that you had a vision of some kind of danger in regards to his apprentice but you have no idea what it is or when it will happen. Sira, that's crazy. That accomplishes nothing."

He quietly waited for Sira's reaction. He knew he was speaking perfect logic and that sooner or later Sira would have to see that.

"Maybe so. I don't know. But I can't just sit here and do nothing" Sira sobbed, tearfully. "You don't know what it's like Bren. I tell you all my visions but you don't know what it's like to have them. I can't do anything because they're so incomplete but I know I have to do something...." Sira broke off as her sobs increased, hysterically.

Bren carefully pulled Sira into a gentle hug, letting her bury her face against his shoulder.

"What he will have to suffer..." she whispered almost to herself. "And what makes it worse......" Without finishing her thought, Sira raced out the room, her sobs echoing down the hallway.

Bren did not go after her, knowing she needed to think by herself. Besides, he had done enough damage. Bren had never known until now how these visions had been affecting Sira besides the physical aspects.

He had been wrong to practically order her not to talk of what she saw. While he had done it to protect her from the consequences of making public her ability, the results of her silence could hardly be more beneficial for her. He had no right to bind her to secrecy, they were her visions and they affected her well-being the most.

As he turned to leave, Bren noticed the sketch book that Sira had dropped on her way out. Two pages that had been torn out of her book had fallen out and lay crumpled by Bren's feet.

Carefully smoothing them out, Bren noticed they were two new portraits. He squinted at the first. It was of a human male. He guessed him to be about 50 or 60 standard years old, judging by the man's silver hair and beard. Then, recognition dawned on Bren's face as kind but sharp blue eyes stared back at him.

This was Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Sira had seen nearly 40 years into his future?

Scrutinizing the face again, Bren had yet to carefully study the second portrait that Sira had drawn.....of a man whose only features were that of the dark mask and helmet he wore.

[This message has been edited by Healer Apprentice Lina (edited 06-07-2000).]

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    this is getting very interesting, looking forward to the upcoming angst....keep it up!!

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh this is getting quite interesting.

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Oh good! For a minute there I thought my last post would fizzle the interest.
    Thanks everyone for reading this! You guys are the best!

7. Jedi Knight Mako

Jedi Knight Mako Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
  8. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    WOW..................

9. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Wonderful idea!
    It's just too sad to think that
    Ob-Wan was killed by Vader before the whole
    rdemtion thing..

10. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Here's a bit post that I finished writing up just now. I'm not too happy with it but I'll post it anyway, see what you think. (yeah, that means please comment. )
    At the far end of Medicenter, a room had been cleared out for a bacta tank that now held the body of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

While several healers had requested to observe the newly obtained device in action, Bren had wisely restricted the flow of healers to those specifically assigned to the patient. He had originally thought it best to keep the traffic at a minimal should anything happen.

But truth be told, Bren did not want anyone to tangle with the Jedi Master sitting next to the tank more than necessary. Bren hoped for the sake of the mental well-being of the healers on Couresant that Kenobi did not get himself injured very often.

In the short time he had known him, Bren had discovered that the Jedi Master was not one to be argued with when it came to his apprentice. He'd frighten every healer on Gema to death should any of them attempt to debate with him about leaving Obi-Wan's side for the sake of some sleep.

Right now, the Master in question sat, leaning against the bacta tank, eyes closed in concentration. He had spent the last few hours sending healing waves and words of comfort and love towards his padawan who had yet to regain consciousness. While Bren had told him that Obi-Wan would recover, Qui-Gon could not be fully convinced until Obi-Wan himself told him so.

It had been so close. If the bacta had arrived only a few minutes later.....

"Think on the past you must not. Concentrate on the future you should."
    His old master's voice echoed in his head.

Yes, the future. And Obi-Wan was his future.

Qui-gon hugged his apprentice's cloak closer to his chest. The clothing was torn in several places and was well damaged beyond the point of wearing due to the bomb. It would need to be replaced when they returned to Couresant. But Qui-Gon held on to it nonetheless. Despite the fact its owner had not worn it in several days, the cloak still held the Force essence of Obi-Wan and it brought Qui-Gon some amount of comfort.

The part of his mind which he had grown accustomed to having occupied by the bond he shared with Obi-Wan had remained silent for so long, the emptiness was becoming unbearable.

The strong feelings of love and protectiveness that Obi-Wan had ignited in him were as intense as Qui-Gon had feared in the beginning of their relationship. He had not wanted to attach himself to anyone as closely as he had to Xanatos.

But the persistance of his irrepressible padawan had prevailed. And now he was closer to Obi-Wan than he had ever been with anyone else and more so than he could have ever imagined.

//And I would not change it for anything, padawan. I had long feared the risk I would be taking by opening myself up to you. But I see now the risk is nothing to the reward of having you in my life.//

Although Obi-Wan gave no indication he heard his Master over their connection, Qui-Gon continued:

//I am priviledged to be your teacher. To be your friend. You have made me so proud, my Obi-Wan.//

"So very proud" he whispered outloud to the still figure.

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    my tissue box is empty....this is great...

12. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    You may not have been happy with that last post, but I sure was. It was very touching!!!!!

Now more please!!!!

13. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, that is so sweet *group hug* people.

Kim B

14. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Joins the group hug with a silly grin on her face

That was really quite touching Lina. I'm overflowing with warm fuzzies.

15. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, here's a longer post that I wrote out just now. It might get edited a bit later but I wanted to get some reader's reaction to it. So here goes, enjoy!
    Even in the normally muted floors of the Medi-Center, Sira felt her footsteps echoing throughout the hallways with each step she took approaching Obi-Wan's room. She had not yet decided what to do.

Bren was right, as much as she hated to admit it. What could she tell the Jedi Master? Before she had undergone the trance, she had seen the love and concern that poured out of Qui-Gon. The man cared deeply for the boy. What could she tell him?

That he would later cause the greatest suffering for his beloved apprentice?

Sira was not positive from her vision how exactly Qui-Gon was tied to what later happened to Obi-Wan. But she knew he was the catalyst for the events that would later greatly effect the young man. She tried desperately to not feel some resentment towards Qui-Gon.

She knew logically that he would never do anything to hurt his apprentice. But it had not mattered. He would one day bring about something that would injure Obi-Wan far greater than any physical wound. And Sira could not help but feel a small amount of anger towards the Jedi. What could render Qui-Gon so blind that he would not see what would happen?

Standing outside the room that held both Master and padawan, Sira peered through the window. Qui-Gon had his hand pressed to the side of the bacta tank, speaking quietly to his student. The fierce protectiveness he was projecting made Sira want to cry at the cruel irony of what was to happen.

At the sound of her entering, Qui-Gon turned his exhausted eyes on her and gave her a smile.

"Sira, how do you feel?" he asked, gently.

"Better" she truthfully replied. She slowly seated herself in an extra chair next to Qui-Gon, staring at the 14 year old floating peacefully in the tank. All the scars from the previous surgery had disappeared. Other than a few fading bruises, the boy looked completely unharmed. A few minutes of silence passed before Qui-Gon spoke.

"I want to thank you for all you have done for Obi-Wan. Both you and Bren but you especially. I will forever be grateful" he spoke softly. The naked gratitude that flowed from his words threatened tears in Sira again.

"I am only sorry that it could not have been easier for you or Obi-Wan, Master Jinn. I heard it was close."

"There is no need to be sorry. What matters is that you have saved him.....and given me a second chance."

Sira caught the last part of his statement and was puzzled.

"A second chance?"

"Yes. For me to tell Obi-Wan so many things I had put off for too long. And for me to give him the love he deserves."

"It has not always been this way?" Sira asked, frowning.

Qui-Gon gazed sadly at Obi-Wan.

"No....for a long time I did not wish to take Obi-Wan as my padawan. I pushed him away and blocked myself from him. Even after I took him as my padawan."

"Why?"

"It had very little to do with Obi-Wan. Just my own cowardice that stupidly pushed me to try and deny what was right."

"And it will not always be this way either" Sira stated. Her coldness caught Qui-Gon's attention as he gave her a confused look. "You love your student now. But when he finishes his schooling with you, you will take on another student, yes? And will pour all the devotion you have for Obi-Wan on to him?"

Qui-Gon shook his head at the accusation. "You misunderstand me Sira. I do not love my student. I love Obi-Wan ." His reply was calm but forceful nonetheless. "I was meant to take him as my padawan, yes. But the Force has given me more than a padawan. I treasure Obi-Wan as my son. His ascent into Knighthood will not change that nor my taking of another student. I will always love him and no one will ever replace him. I will follow his accomplishments throughout his life with pride and an evergrowing love for him."

"You believe in destiny then, Master Jinn?" Sira asked quietly.

"I trust in the will of the Force, Sira. No one can ever be certain of what is to come. B

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Fascinating dilemma for Sira, and extraordinarily well described. Don't change a thing!

17. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    What a tought decision to make, I don't know what I would prefer to see her do. I get furious at Qui-gon when ever I watch TPM for how he treated Obi, but mayby that is why I am so partial to Obi. Because he ends up, IMHO as the most tragic figure in the series. Look at it, the people he loved most either reject him time and again or turns to the darkside and end up killing him.

A great post by the way, don't change it!!!!
    You can give us more however

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Don't even think about editing that last post, it is perfect. Very touching.

19. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    We're all agreed. No editing necessary.

The way you described her feeilngs, first her positive resolve to tell Qui-Gon everything, then her doubts and final silence. Excellent wtiting Lina.

20. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    I'd like to order one post please...heavy on the mush...we love mush, don't we guys? Great story Lina.

21. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    Yes!! Mush is good!! I second that order...and can we get it super-sized???

22. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Oh, what a marvelous story I've found! It's so touching, so sad... I'm waiting fo the next post, dear Healer Apprentice Lina!

23. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, I've finally mapped out the rest of the story in my head. Now its a matter of getting it on paper.
    I promise mush will be coming but I need a chance to write it first.
    My guess is about 3 or 4 more posts are left.
    Well, off to write! More soon...

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    All I can say is WOO HOO!!!

25. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Here's post number 1. I promise the Qui/Obi Mush will come soon enough. Feedback on this post though please, I wasn't entirely sure about some of the wording. Thanks! Enjoy!
    After two days in the bacta and a series of vital readings, Bren finally felt it was time to remove Obi-Wan from the tank. To no one's surprise, Qui-Gon remained with his apprentice during the entire transfer process.

Bren carefully examined the patient once they were in the recovery room. Giving Qui-Gon a satisfied nod, "Vitals are good and the viewer shows all damage to this organs have been repaired. He's just sleeping off the bacta now."

"Will he wake up soon?" Qui-Gon asked, hopefully.

"It all depends on the patients, really. But I'd say a few hours."

"Good. Thank you Healer Bren....for everything."

Bren smiled, "It was my pleasure, Master Jinn."

After exiting the room, Bren paused at the window to observe Qui-Gon, who was leaning over his apprentice. He had his hand over Obi-Wan's heart and smiled in relief at the strong beat that drummed against his fingers. He stood that way for several minutes, cherishing the feeling before resuming his position in the plastic chair next to the bed.

Bren felt an unfamiliar prickling behind his eyes as his vision blurred. Quickly wiping his eyes, he summoned a nurse.

"See if you can grab one of the chairs in the Healer's lounge and bring it for Master Jinn."

The nurse complied, though a bit surprised. Bren sighed. He had long given up trying to coerce the Jedi to take a break from the hard chair. He might as well just give in and offer the man something that was at least cushioned.
    +++++++

The gentle breeze swirled the scents of the herbarium around Sira, who was seated on a stone bench in its garden. She needed a place to think and this was the only place in the entire Medi-Center that offered some quiet and peace.

After a few hours, Sira had finally come to her decision. It had not been an easy choice and one that had taken a long time of agonzing. And Sira knew the pain she had felt in making such a decision was just the beginning.

But Obi-Wan, if you can face what is to come for you with such grace. I can surely deal with this.

Watching the shadows of the leaves twinkling on the ground by her feet, Sira was aware of Bren before he sat down next to her.

"We've taken him out of the bacta tank" Bren reported. He didn't bother to tell her that Obi-Wan would be fine. She already knew. For awhile, only the sounds of rustling leaves filled the air. Sira took comfort in its gentle peacefulness and savored the feeling for just a moment.

"Stop being so anxious, Bren" Sira said with a hint of exasperation in her voice. She was getting tired of Bren shooting her worried looks, sideways. "I'm not going to tell Master Jinn anything." Her words did little to change Bren's expression.

"I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about you. Are you alright with this decision?"

Sira looked at Bren's eyes and saw for the first time in a long time, a genuine concern that wasn't mixed with his worry for the well-being of research.

"It will have to do."

At the resignation of her tone, Bren slid closer to Sira without even realizing it.
    "You told me last time that I didn't understand how it feels to have these visions. And you were right. I don't. But I would like to try. I didn't know until now that these images you see effect you so."

Sira glanced down at Bren's hands which were now wrapped around hers and strangely absent of any data pads. "No notes. This isn't research. I just want to listen to you." She smiled at Bren's words. It was an intimacy that had been absent from them for a long time now. No research reasons to talk to each other, no medical crisis but to just talk as friends. "What does it feel like?" he asked gently.

"When I have visions, I don't just see them...I can feel what they feel."

"They?"

"Yes. Do you remember the vision I had with Neryn Brak? Well, didn't just see her give birth to her child, I felt her emotions. Her fear, her immense ha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.