Lg.Is, NY Visit from the Dark Lord Of the Sith

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cailinn-Sarr, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey folks the great peeps from Boston are planning a world wide fanforce tour for their 12" Darth Vader fig.they would like folks in all the fanforce area's to take a pic of their group members with the Dark Lord in front of something that's a landmark of their area.I was thinking maybe after we're "official" maybe we could take it of all of us in front of the Montauk light house,let me know what you folks think,feel free to come up with your own suggestions.I've already posted in the Boston forum to not forget about us.
  2. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking of bringing him to the Montauk Lighthouse as well.

Road trip? ;)

How about Vader at Jones Beach, The Hamptons, and that one building that looks like a duck?

ETA: I found this site which is chock full of LI Tourism stuff.

And in case you are confused about what Cailinn-Sarr is talking about, this is what is happening with The Vader.
  3. darth_maul21 Jedi Youngling

4. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    You should learn to read better Einstein,we're talking about the Boston thing here.Hey Dana why don't you see about getting this takin out of here.
  5. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you Strawbary.

Please ignore the interruption and continue the discussion.

Who wants to be in the picture? lol
  6. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes thank you SB,now you know you can count on Jay & me in the pic Dana.See you tomorrow. :)
  7. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    Bump ;)

Where do you think we should take Vader?

So far we've thought of Montauk Lighthouse, an Islander game, and the Hamptons.

How many of you will be participating in Traveling Vader? We will plan it so a road trip isn't required but we will have one anyway. Who is interested in taking the road trip option of Traveling Vader?

What do you want to do on the road trip after we've finished taking pictures of Vader in a specific location?

I know DarthVenom mentioned possibly making a documentary fanfilm about the trip. Does anyone object to this idea?

We need members input on all of this ASAP so we can start arranging travel plans. Boston could start Traveling Vader as early as Halloween so we need to be prepared (damn that inner Girl Scout in me :p lol).

Friends that are not in the club and not a fan of SW are welcome to come along. After all someone needs to take the group photo. ;)
  8. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    We want to put him in the parade for Halloween then take him to IMAX! Too bad he does not have a little Bo Sox jacket to put on him. But maybe we can put a little word balloon on one of the pics of him saying "Yankees Suck!" so everyone KNOWS he's from Boston! Oh wait...I am from the NYC fanforce.....ah well I only root for the NY teams when they have a chance of taking the championship....:)
  9. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    Well while you guys make Vader get beaten because he's a Boston Red Sox boy we're taking him on a good old fashioned road trip to "the end".
  10. xie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well while you guys make Vader get beaten because he's a Boston Red Sox boy we're taking him on a good old fashioned road trip to "the end".

The...[Sob]... Yankees...[Large Sob]. :_|
  11. Darth Venom Jedi Master

star 4
    Getting this back on topic please..... ;)

I definately think we should do the Lighthouse, the Hockey game sounds good too. I'm gonna make a little "Vader on the Island" documentary of the whole time he's here. This should be really fun.

12. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh great,more work for Cutter1 Productions,just kidding.LOL
  13. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well folks it's now offical,Vader will be coming to us after his visit to NYC.In the Boston rebels website they have posted the route map Vader will be taking.He starts in Boston(of course)then he goes to NYC & then he comes out to us for the best time he will have on his trip.Just wanted to let you guys know.Later.
  14. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
  15. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    Please submit the address you want vader mailed to to staff@swnyc.com . Once we are done we will send him on his way! :)
  16. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    We have your address, and it will be written on a label, as will KOP's address for you to send Vader to next. :)

You say you guys are going to make a movie?
  17. Darth Venom Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth Dowe,

Yeah, we're gonna make a documentary of the time Vader is with us.

Let me know if you guys will want a copy we'll send you one.

:)

18. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
  19. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    You know what would be cooler... if we planned some sort of movie premiere and invite Boston down to see it. :)

I don't know where we could do it... but it would be cool. lol
  20. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Indeed, a dual-city FanForce meet would be interesting. We were throwing around the idea with SWNYC and/or Maine about getting together some time. Probably in the warmer months, but a movie could be any time. :)
  21. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    Movies are definately an anytime thing.

You'd also meet the people who are in it rather then just ending up watching a movie about strangers. lol
  22. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    We can use the theatre at Jays(DV)school the same one we're using for the LOTR group watching.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.