main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA visiting LA - where to see it?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Luvz-Qui-Gon, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luvz-Qui-Gon

Luvz-Qui-Gon Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Hi All,
    I am visiting friends in LA and was seriously hoping to see Clones at the Mann's but it seems to be gone from there. I was surprised. I sat the NY Line for Starlight at the Zeigfeld and I know we will have it there for a while according to the manager I had asked. So where do the local fans now see it? Any suggestions?

2. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I'm not in the area, but once you get to town, you can always pick up the LA Times or one of the freebie papers and find a theatre to see the film in. Or there's always Moviefone.

3. FortyWatto

FortyWatto Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2002
    Go to the Sherman Oaks Pacific, and sit toward the back. (Make sure you get the digital screen, as it's also playing in one non-digital) I've seen it in five different theaters in the L.A. area, and Sherman Oaks Pacific is by far the best. The screen is relatively small (seats 288) so the digital picture isn't as washed out and blown up as it was at the Chinese. And the Chinese has terrible acoustics, so audio-wise (although it was cranked up nice and loud), the dialogue there sounded like a bad stadium p.a.

So go to Sherman Oaks and let us know what you think!

4. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I agree with "FortyWatto", you want the digital screen but you also want Stadium seating! Oh, and see it with other big Star Wars fans!!! It's lots more fun that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.