Visiting Salt Lake City for "Sith" Premiere

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Darth_Mannish, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mannish Jedi Padawan

I'm going to be in Salt Lake City during the week Star Wars comes out. I'm flying in from Philadelphia. I need to know where there will be a midnight showing for the movie. I want to be around people in full costumes who are really excited about the movie coming out. This will be my first time in Salt Lake City, so I don't know my way around. I would also love to meet with some fellow fans that night. I usually meet up with friends in Baltimore for midnight premieres, so I don't want to completely miss out on the experience. Let me know any info you have. Thanks in advance.

Darth Mannish
  2. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    I would suggest Hollywood Connection, that's where most people I know are going to be. Do you have a costume?
  3. Darth_Mannish Jedi Padawan

Not yet. It's going to be difficult to pack a costume, so I'm not sure if I'm going to wear one. Do a lot of people go to the Hollywood Connection?
  4. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    As far as I know that's going to be THE place to go for the midnight showing. Lots of costumed SW fans will be there.
  5. Darth_Mannish Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the tip. Are you going to be there? What costume are you going to wear, or is it safe to assume you'll be dressed as Mara Jade?
  6. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't do Mara Jade. My costume is a Jedi. Perhaps you confused my Leia avatar for Mara Jade.
  7. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ooh people visiting from out of state. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Yes, it seems Hollywood connection would be the place. Some of the fanforce members are also 501st members and we have commitments with them to be there opening night. I'm sure if you asked nicely someone here could secure you a ticket for the midnight showing so you can see it with the group.
  8. Darth_Mannish Jedi Padawan

Yes, I'm going to be visiting from out of state. I'll also have one other person with me, so hopefully somebody can accommodate us. Who can I ask to get tickets for me?

By the way, I'm thinking about going dressed as Mace Windu. I'm going to die, but it will be worth it.

9. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    That will be so wonderful to have you and your friend here for the midnight showing :) What has been said is true: Hollywood Connection will be THE place to be. The local garrison, The Alpine Garrison, of the 501st is hosting the line party there.
    What time/day will you be coming into town?
  10. Darth_Mannish Jedi Padawan

I will be in town on Monday May 16, and I will be leaving on Friday May 20. I've already devoted several hours to waiting for the movie to begin.
  11. Darth Blob Force Ghost

star 1
    Are you sure that it will be showing at the Hollywood Connection. I just checked Fandango and it's not showing up there, even though other movies are available there for Hollywood Connection.

The only places Fandango has listed so far are Century 16, Jordan Landing, and a theater in American Fork (err.. Fark), and they're not showng any midnite shows either.
  12. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    It IS showing at the Hollywood connection, they may just not be doing presale tickets yet.
    I know that it is there because the Alpine Garrison is scheduled to be there. That would be one very sick (and unhealthy) prank to play on a bunch of SW nerds in costumes...
  13. Darth_Mannish Jedi Padawan

I really hope that they're just not selling tickets for the midnight showing. I'm really looking forward to seeing it at midnight. I don't think I'll be able wait until 5 or 6 o'clock the next day. I'm in Philly, but I will keep checking to see if there are tickets for a midnight showing. My friends in Baltimore are going to be able to see the movie at least twice before I get to see it. I plan on hanging out with the Alpine Garrison as an honorary member:) I agree, it would be an unhealthy and overall sick prank to not show the movie at midnight. That wouldn't be pretty. I can almost see somebody turning into a real life Anakin Skywalker and acting like the movie theater personnel are Sandpeople!
  14. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've heard that most theaters aren't putting their midnight tickets up on Fandango, maybe they see it as some sort of way of cheating the system I guess.
  15. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    I went to Cinemark.com and just bought my 12 tickets for the Wednesday 12:05am ROTS. [face_dancing]
  16. Darth Blob Force Ghost

star 1
    So, has anyone checked when Hollywood Connection will start selling tickets?
  17. DarthMonopolus Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have tickets for the midnight showing at Jordon Commons.

The midnight showing tix are just disappearing almost as fast as free money. Better get your tix now.
  18. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I know that Hollywood connection is a Carmike theater and they told me when I went there last week, they would be preselling the tickets at a later time.
  19. Lady Kenobi Force Ghost

star 1
    Myself and a few friends, after a flurry of emails eariler today, have purchased tickets for two showtimes at Megaplex 12 Gateway (12:15am and 7:30pm).

We would have waited for the Hollywood Connection activities (nice bunch of folks in the garrison), but we really wanted to see the movie on the best screens possible.

There are still quite a few midnight showings left at Jordan Commons, though none in a THX certified theater.
  20. Vader888 Jedi Padawan

I Purchased tickets on line as well for Jordan Landing for the 12:05 showing (also for 9am, 1pm, 4:30pm amd 8 pm. Making a day of it as usual). I had talked to the manager the day before and he said they were going on sale the next day. This was 3 days ago thought so I am not sure what is still available.

As far as the movie experience, this is the BEST that SLC has to offer. The theatre is MUCH better than Hollywood Connection (in this Jedi's humble opinion). www.cinemark.com will get you there and you can purchase and print from your PC. Good Luck. MTFBWY.
  21. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks cool Vader888, My 11 friends and I will be there with ya. What time do you plan on lining up for the midnight show?
  22. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Apparently Hollywood Connection is selling the tickets now. I just got my tickets for the 12:01am show.
  23. Vader888 Jedi Padawan

We are planning to arrive between 9 and 9:30. Since I prepaid, the only reason for the line is good seats. When I got the tickets, I was so excited that I could hardly sleep! It is a good thing this is at midnight. If I had to wait till the first showing the next day, there DEFINITELY would be little sleep. THIS IS BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS AS A KID!!!

saberwielder76: D'OH!!!! There goes my grandiose ideas for being among the first FIRST to see it. We will be 4 minutes behind you.
  24. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was surprised that I got that showing, actually. I tried both Century and Jordan Landing first. Hollywood Connection was the only place I could get midnight tickets. Works for me though. I live pretty close to that theater anyway.
  25. DarthMonopolus Jedi Knight

star 1
    If anyone is having difficulties getting tix for the midnight showing, you can go to Jordan Commons website, they have 6 theaters left, as of 4/22/2005.

http://www.megaplextheatres.com/mp17/nowshowing.php?date=05192005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.