main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Visual links between the trilogies.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StoneRiver, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    it's not much difference to make me think i just saw something new

Andy Wylde likes this.
  2. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Home one's command chair , a battle droids head on a junk pile and Han complaining about the new dish

3. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    How about Han and Chewie sitting at a corner table in the pub similar to the cantina scene?

4. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I like this idea. Perhaps to add to the visuals, we might see some wrecked or abandoned and shot-to-pieces capital ships still floating in orbit around Endor. I seem to recall an episode of TCW that had a similar scene and it looked brilliant from a visual point of view.

StoneRiver likes this.
  5. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    1980s
    [​IMG]
    2010s
    [​IMG]

6. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    the F-22 design started in the 80s, but it wasn't in production in the 1980s. i'm not sure what that has to do with a film. do you want them to just have the same stuff in every Star Wars movie ?

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I mean, no one complained when The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi had the Millennium Falcon and X-Wings and TIE Fighters and Star Destroyers. It's a Star Wars film; it should both look and feel like one, especially since this is a sequel to the original trilogy, and the ships are a big part of that. Now, if this were set thousands of years in the past or hundreds of years in the future, I would absolutely understand the presence of OT being off-putting, but it's not. Honestly, as long as the characters and story are good, and as long as the film is well made, it shouldn't be a huge issue. It's not like there's a shortage of new things as well; there are new speeders on both Jakku and the planet that hosts the Skykiller Base, and Maz's castle is apparently filled with entirely new aliens. BB-8 is a brand new droid. There's an appropriate mixture of old, new, and old things done in a new way, which is what I think most people would expect from a film that directly follows Episodes IV-VI.

8. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    TESB also introduced snow speeder's and At-AT's and cloud city cars and Slave 1, and ROTJ had speeder bikes....

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yes, and this has Rey's speeder, the First Order snowspeeder, it has new speeder bikes and new walkers (big and small), a new class of TIE fighter. We have Kylo Ren's command shuttle, we have the First Order troop transports. This is on top of the upgrades of X-Wings, TIE fighters, and the new type of Star Destroyer. I mean, there are new vehicles in here, these are things we're aware of. What I'm seeing is a mixture of brand new things combined with updates of old things, which is what you would reasonably expect after thirty years. By all means this looks like an organic progression of what we saw in the original trilogy, as opposed to scrapping everything and just doing new things with no visual grounding in what we're familiar with, which is neither satisfying nor logical.

natureboy76 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.