main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Voice Actors You Would Like To See Added To TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Robimus, Oct 16, 2010.

1. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    short list, R Lee Ermey, Seth McFarlane, Christopher Walken, Ving Rhames.

2. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    This is actually a really cool idea now that I think about it. McFarlane is a very talented voice actor with an impressive range.

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    My thoughts exactly. :D Johnny Depp wouldn't be bad, either, now that you mention it. :p

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I still think Johnny Depp should play Vergere, one of the most bizarre Jedi to ever exist. But I think he could make an entertaining bounty hunter or senator too. :p

And while we're at it, I'd love to see Frank Welker or Charlie Adler...one of them is 'the other guy who's every animal you could imagine' (or, Megatron!)...the other is 'Cow, Chicken, and the Red Guy'. Mr. Adler does a pretty good ranting scream. [face_laugh]

Steve Kramer would be known to anime fans as the Third Hokage from Naruto, or Shunsui Kyoraku from Bleach. I think he'd be a pretty fair 'old guy' character. I could see him being Oppo Rancicis or someone similar. [face_laugh]

Also, Bill Fraggerbarke (Sp?) needs to work besides Tom Kenny. He could be Gunray's bodyguard or something. :D

Also, while he's not as well exposed, I'd like to see Dave Fennoy. The man was Tetrax Shard from Ben 10 (diamond...looking...guy...last of his species :p), and more recently, did a fantastic job in Starcraft 2 as a pseudo-Rastafarian psychic assassin. Very nice work, in my opinion.

Should Even Piell, our dimunitive warrior Lannik from the Jedi Council, appear, then I think Danny De Vito or Richard Horvitz would do great. Danny De Vito has that greatly distinct tough guy voice to contrast his size yet fit his personality....Richard Horvitz can capture the size perfectly and be just a bit manic!

Also, Kevin Michael Richardson. He may be 'every deep voice when you can't find Morgan Freeman/James Earl Jones/Michael Clarke Duncan', but I love what the guy does. He was Captain Gantu, who (to quote the show) was from...uh...Samoa! [face_laugh]

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I really wanted Kevin Conroy to voice Quinlan Vos. But he could also probably do Master Tholme or any number of other tough jedi.

6. Kisho_Meteora

Kisho_Meteora Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Absolutely, would love to hear Mark play a bad guy on TCW, the joker proves his hs the talent for voice acting and he certainly deserves a role in the show, I would imagine lucasfilm would want him involved so I wonder why this hasn't happened yet?

Also Chris Sabat (voice of Vegeta and Picolo in DBZ) would make an incredbile Quinlan Vos in my opinion.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Chris Sabat was also Major Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist. Suffice to say, either character has marvelous lines. [face_laugh]

Vos as Vegeta: (growling voice) Dooku's power level...it's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Vos as Armstrong: (delicious soprano voice) The art of being stealthy has been passed through the Vos family FOR GENERAAAATIIIIOOOOONS!

As for some more of my picks...
    Paul Eiding (Grandpa Max, Colonel Campbell) as Master Tholme, supported by David Hayter (Solid Snake) as Quinlan Vos. Or...is that the other way around? XD

Kevin Conroy (Batman) does great work...I'd love to see him on the Jedi Council or as a leader of some sort. Plus...HE CAN SING. AND IT SOUNDS GORGEOUS.

Crispin Freeman (Alucard Helsing, Itachi Uchiha, and more recently, Electro) can also rock a pretty good calm badass or a gradually raging berserker.

I'd also love to see Michael McConnohie. He's got a lot of voices under his belt (including a warrior monkey king, a domineering emperor, a domineering UNDEAD emperor, and a sort of flying saucer transformer), but as a fan of paladins, he will always be Uther the Lightbringer from Warcraft to me. :p

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot that Kevin Michael Richardson is already on this show. He's Jabba the Hutt, man, and I forgot. For added reference, he is also Jolee Bindo. Not bad at all. XD

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Dave Filoni did compliment me on my Spike Spiegel costume at the CV JCC party-
    so we know he's a fan of Cowboy Bebop. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Blum's voice would appear on TCW someday.
    [image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4911130133_80528fa405_z.jpg]
    Sorry for the shameless plug, but that was one of the coolest moments to end CV's opening day.[face_dancing]

As far as voice actors go, I'd really like to have Jason Alexander play a Neimoidian or some other character that can be used to show his comedic talents once more. There have been at least two Seinfeld actors who performed characters on TCW so far. Ian Abercrombie (Mr.Pitt) as Chancellor Palpatine and Brian George (Babu Bhatt) as Chairman Cho and Ki-Adi-Mundi. Jason Alexander has a background in voice acting performing Duckman for 4 seasons.

9. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Stephen Root, not sure what kind of character, maybe a corrupt business man working for the seps and republic.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry.

11. TogrutaJedi

TogrutaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    Some names that might be cool to have:

Keith David

Marina Sirtis

Dante Basco

James Hong

Cheech Marin

Tim Curry

12. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I have to agree that having Steven Blum voice a character in this show would simply be awesome. I mean I would absolutely love to see Steven Blum voice a character in the TCW. I love his Spike Spiegel voice, as well as his Zabuza and Orochimaru (from the Naruto series) voices too. Having Grey DeLisle, Mark Hamill, and Seth MacFarlane voice characters in this show would be great as well.

13. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Nancy Cartwright

14. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    How about Kelsey Grammer. I think he would make a pretty good senator.

15. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Billy West
    Michael Dorn
    Frank Welker
    Maurice LaMarche
    Bill Ratner
    Seth MacFarlane
    Patrick Warburton
    Breckin Meyer
    Christopher Lloyd
    Charles Fleischer (maybe as Jar-Jar?s brother..hells yeah.)
    Brian Henson
    Frank Oz

And Mark Hamill. This is so perfect it HAS to happen at some point. I?d love to see him play a bad guy. Maybe the top dog big cheese head of all head Neimoidian.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Didn't he basically sign his soul away to Lucas anyway when he did the OT? Lucas needs to give him a call and demand he do a VO.

17. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    All of the following would be great additions, especially in one-time or recurring character roles, and all of them have done great voice work in animated films, games and TV shows:

Kevin Conroy
    Clancy Brown
    Michael Dorn
    Jerry O'Connell
    Bruce Greenwood
    Rene Auberjonois
    John Rhys-Davies
    Milo Ventimiglia
    John DiMaggio
    Edward James Olmos
    Robert Picardo

Patrick Stewart - Let's just finally blow down the Trek/Wars wall once and for all. He already has done great voice work, and even does TV shows (Family Guy, American Dad). I could see him as a Republic Navy Admiral, naturally, but also as an intelligent bad guy too.

And the real kicker I think, as suggested before,

Mark Hamill

Playing some kind of insidious, intelligent villain, like his Joker/Hobgoblin voice, only played down. Either that or a completely insane mass murdering lunatic. Whatever he would be, Mark Hamill in TCW would be amazing. I was sooo close to suggesting this to Dave at CV at one of the panels...

18. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Oh hell yeah! Even if they just played a pair of bumbling butler droids that would be so awesome!:eek: I think my mind just exploded.

19. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    No! We need to go all the way here. Stephen Fry will play a sadistically incompetent CIS general who shouts "baaah!" when he's happy, and Hugh Laurie will be his over enthusiastic lieutenant called George.

20. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    Oh man, throw Rowan Atkinson and Tony Robinson into the mix, too! :D

EDIT: I realized that all three of the actors I suggested are from Blackadder Season One.

"CHISWICK! FRESH HORSE!"

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Throw in another Blackadder veteran, Rick Mayall! Have Lord Flashheart romancing his way through the female cast! ;)

22. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Let's see some John Cleese.:D Maybe some Michael Palin, too. That might be prety good of they brought in some Monty Python.

23. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S ME! HOORAY!

STILL WORSHIPING THE FORCE? LAST I HEARD THE FORCE WAS WORSHIPING ME!

A-HAHAHAHA!

24. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    Wow, you're a really awesome looking Spike. What a cool experience. :D

I'd like to add another voice-actor to my wish-list:

Josh Keaton: Now, he could pull off a young, cocky character really well. He actually would've made a good Anakin, I think. Most people probably know him for his work as Spider-Man, but I first fell for him when he played the young Ocelot in MGS3.

25. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    how about Robert Llewellyn? Kryten from Red Dwarf. Heck pretty much any of the cast from Red Dwarf would be cool to have turn up as a voice in The Clone Wars.