main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Voice from the past.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Tzhan, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tzhan

Tzhan Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey guys i haven't been around much, i've had so much stuff on my plate and just haven't had the time. Anyway i have something here that you guys gotta see, it was a few days ago..................

I was going through the bookshelf in my bedroom, which is 99.9% stuff that's my paremts or my brothers, and i stumbled across the an old stack of magazines from various sources. As a shuffled through them, throwing out most of them i stumbled upon a movie magazine entitled Movie News, i was almost going to throw it away when i saw it was missing the cover but i stopped myself when i saw the picture of Mark Hammil as Mr Skywalker smack bang in the middle of the contents page, I looked closer close at the top of the page and to my surprise it read MOVIE NEWS: VOL. 16 NUM. 4 - AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 1980 (Most interesting as it is from before my time). Now i was interested and i looked at the caption uner the picture of Luke.

Mark Hammil is back as space Hero Luke Skywaler in the Star Wars sequel THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

.......the empire strikes back, no i was more than excited, i looked through the contents page and to my great delight i found the magazine contained a 16 mage mamoth article on TESB and Star Wars in general. Now this was cool but when i turned to the first page of the article i found myself face to face with something of unsurpassed and uparaleled coolness.........................(things of particular interest are in red.)

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

The audience starts buzzing the moment the title flashes on the screen "Episode FIVE?" everybody questions.
    Well creator George Lucas has said all along that "Star Wars" was only one of a nine part saga he'd written spanning forty years in the battle to free that galaxy "far, far away" from the grip of the evil galactic empire.
    The staggering financial success of "Star Wars" has helped bring Lucas' dream of filming every one of the nine stories out of the realms of fantasy into those of the possible.
    The whole saga is divided into three trilogies. The first trilogy deals with the fall of the Old Republic ruled by the Jedi Knights and the rise of the oppressive empire. "It's also about the young Ben Kenobi and the early life of Luke Skywalker's father when Luke was a little boy.", says Lucas.
    "Star wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back" are the first two episodes in the second trilogy, which takes place twenty years later and focuses on Luke Skywalker as a young man.
    "I chose this trilogy first because it was the one i felt most secure with", Says Lucas.
    Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" Was the original and complete title of the first film. "The episode number and sub-title were dropped for reasons of length and clarity, and the movie was simply called "Star Wars"," says Lucas "But now that the whole saga of inter-related movies is evolving, the full title will appear on future prints of 'Star Wars'."
    The last three episodes of the saga will revolve around rebuilding the Republic. Only two of the main characters - Artoo-Detoo and See-Theepio - will appear in all nine films. "In affect, the story will be told through their eyes", says Lucas.
    How much of the saga has actually been written?
    "I have story treatments on all nine episodes", Says Lucas. "Then I?ve got voluminous notes, histories, and material that I've developed for various purposes. Some of it will be used, some will not."
    If Lucas makes good his promise to film all nine episodes, we may all be pretty long in the tooth before the saga is completed! As Lucas himself points out: "After all, it takes three years to prepare and make a 'Star Wars' picture." However he vows that he will complete any trilogy that he embarks upon.
    It's all like a gigantic Saturday matinee serial - with episodes every three years instead of every Saturday afternoon. So sit back and enjoy his latest instalment, "The Empire Strikes Back.....

The article goes on to give a review of the movi

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Hey, i'd love to see them...

sad reality is that it aint gonna happen... :_|

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Never say never ...

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    NEVER!! There, I said it...

5. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Y cant it happen?

6. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Mebe cos Uncle Georgie said.... "NO".

end of story, till Uncle Georgie says otherwise...

7. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Well he did have a HUGE break last time.....

"50th anniversary, George announces third trilogy of the Star Wars saga...."

8. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    by the 50th anniversary.. George will be around 82ish...

not exactly rarin to go on another SW movie.

9. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Wheelchair Wars?

10. TYKEN_BLADE

TYKEN_BLADE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2004
    he will look like yoda by then

11. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    but without the whoop ass abilities....

12. TYKEN_BLADE

May 30, 2004
    maybe without the breathing abilities either

13. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    So a mix of Vader and Yoda then?

Vada OR Voda OR Yoder

14. TYKEN_BLADE

May 30, 2004
    his bucket would have pointy ears

15. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    That's a great find Tzhan :)

It takes you back to the days of some of us older fans, back before the days of the Internet, when you had to search for every little bit of information from the few books and magazine articles, from the backs of the action figure packs and from the Scanlon's bubble gum cards. When there was no Expanded Universe and the marketing franchise was a lot smaller than now. When it was a genuine surpise to find out about Vader and Luke's connection. And there were still more surprises to come.

I remember still calling episode VI "Revenge of the Jedi" even after it came out because that name was so ingrained in what I'd read about it.

16. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    ............interesting.......you looking to sell that book??????:D

17. Tzhan

Tzhan Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2005
    I won't even dignify such a foolish question with an answer................[face_laugh]..........means no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.