main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Voices of the Past

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mekial, Feb 14, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    Great stuff Mekial!

2. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Thanx guys!

If you have any more suggestions, let me hear em'!

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 12-20-1999).]

3. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    People smells are awesome! It's stupid, if you think about it, how little attention we pay to such an informative sense.

4. Elisia

Elisia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 1999
    I'm loving the story thus-far! It's great, keep it coming!

-Elisia Goddess of the Night

5. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999

Obi-Wan lifted his face to Coruscant's sun. The intense heat warmed his whole body. He was glad he had agreed to a walk. It felt good. Even though he couldn't see, out here it felt like he could. The trees, the flowers, the grass, he could "see" all of them. Not through his eyes, but through smells and sounds. The way they felt in his palm. He "saw" much more now then he had ever seen when he had been able to look at their shapes and colors.

A humming sound wisked by his ear. A bee. Obi-Wan inhaled deeply. The sweet smell of flowers. He had never really noticed, or taken the time to notice, them before. It was like a chorus of song in his nose. It was soft, yet strong. And sweet. The sweetest melody he had ever "heard".

"I see you are enjoying this, Padawan."

Obi-Wan grinned for the first time since the incident. "I'm noticing things I never noticed before. It's like a whole new world that was here all along, and I just discovered it."

Bant giggled. Her giggle was more out of happiness than humor.

"I'm sorry," Obi-Wan said. He put out his hand and moved it until he found an arm. " I've been a jerk. I should of accepted my situation instead of being bitter."

"True, Padawan Kanobi."

Obi-Wan withdrew his arm.

"Master Windu?" he asked.

Bant burst out laughing, and Garen joined in. Obi-Wan felt his face go red, and anger built within him, but he started chuckling himself. Soon the three Jedi were laughing so hard they were gasping for breath.

"I..I guess I should be more careful who I touch," Obi-Wan said through fits of laughter.

They continued walking, Obi-Wan exclaiming over everything like a child, yet he felt that this experience made him wiser than a man three times his age.

He could feel flowers, and their pollen grains rolling in his hand. He put them up to his nose and went into a fit of sneezing. He grinned and held it up to the place where he had last heard Bant. He heard, and felt, a sneeze.

"I'll get you for that, Obi-Wan Kanobi!" she exclaimed, laughing.

They took off running, both of them knowing Obi-Wan was the faster runner.

"You'll never catch me!" he yelled.

"You want to bet?" she asked.

"You should never make a bet you know you will lose!" he called back. "And you know you will lose, Bant!"

Bant started to say something, but stopped short. "Obi-Wan wa..."

THUMP

Obi-Wan collided with tree. Bant ran to his side. He shook his head, dumbstruck.

"Um... I guess you shouldn't run when you're blind." he said, then recovered fully. "Bant, even though I did run into a tree, you still wouldn't have caught me if I hadn't let you."

Bant reached around and gave him a well deserved tug on his braid. She took off running, but Obi-Wan grabbed the edge of her tunic, which sent her flying backwards.

"Alright, you two," Qui-Gon said, humor in his voice. "We need to be getting inside, it's getting dark."

They reluctantly got up and started their trek to the door into the Temple.

Bant reached out her skinny arm and poked him in the ribs. She laughed and ran inside, Obi-Wan on her heels.

Like?

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 12-22-1999).]

6. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Cute Touch can be a wonderful sensation.

I do have a few questions though. Has Obi-Wan been evaluated to determine if his sight loss is reversible? Is he being treated for his blindness? And what about the "Voices of the Past" and his dream? Just curious

7. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Sorry I took so long to edit this post. Stupid computer.

Everything will be revealed. You just gotta wait.

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 12-22-1999).]

8. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    They might not be able to tell if it's temporary just yet, sometimes it's hard to find out. But, yes, I loved that last post.

9. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Hey everybody.

I just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS! And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

On the first day of Christmas my true love came to me:

A Bounty Hunter in a pear tree.

One the second day of Christmas my true love came to me:

Two Sith Guys, and a Bounty Hunter in a pear tree.

On the third day of Christmas my true love came to me:

Three Jedi Nuts, Two Sith Guys, and a Bounty Hunter in a pear tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love came to me:

Four Dancing Ewoks, Three Jedi Nuts, Two Sith Guys, and a Bounty Hunter in a pear tree.

*looks at the above*

Guess I got a bit carried away. Must of been something in the egg nog.

10. marmidala

marmidala Jedi Youngling

May 29, 1999
    Merry Christmas! More, please

11. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    Break out the egg nog! (And finish the story )

12. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm really sorry you guys, I may not post again until Thursday. See you then!

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 12-23-1999).]

13. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    BTW, if you want another good story to read while I'm gone, you should read Jedi Chikara's Guardians of the Force. It's a great fan fic.

14. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Awwww, Mekial, you didn't have to do that. You're the best!

15. Jim

Jim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1998
    Bringing this back to the top since it's a great discussion.

Geoff, Ping, Sarge, Erudite, you guys still out there?

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    redface.gif <<<<
    Yo!

17. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Hi everybody!

I read Vector Prime over the holiday, and it really inspired me. I have all sorts of new ideas I'm playing around with. I'll post by Friday.

18. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Good to see you back, Mekial.

19. Innst Lo Bi

Innst Lo Bi Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 1999
    That Jedi Handbook that's been mentioned above is great and I have it on file somewhere. For those of you who'd like an on-line copy, click here;
    http://www.ezonline.com/tfeldbauer/jedihandbook/jedi.html http://www.ezonline.com/tfeldbauer/jedihandbook/jedi.html

20. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I can't see any of the new posts, not even the ones I posted! Is anyone else having a problem with this?

21. Jim

Jul 8, 1998
    Something's odd at that website - almost all of the links aren't working. I can get the first two okay, but the rest don't work for me... Anyone else having trouble?

22. Jim

Jul 8, 1998
    Something's odd at that website - almost all of the links aren't working. I can get the first two okay, but the rest don't work for me... Anyone else having trouble?

23. Armage Bedar

Armage Bedar Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    Hooboy - long story...

Bob Feldbauer - the guy who hosted it - runs SWRPG.Net now. It WAS hosted at SWRPG.Net, IIRC, but it was taken off and a hacked page put in its place on the actual server. It isn't there anymore, but here's the link:
    http://www.digitalwebconcepts.com/zarphense/ http://www.digitalwebconcepts.com/zarphense/

Don't know why, but something smells fishy..

24. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    That happens for me sometimes. I suppose you could try a different browser if you have one, or try back later.

25. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    *gasping* JIM!!!!! AND SARGE!!! Happy day, all is well! I'm still around. Haven't done much GMing, so not much to contribute. My Jedi character got her first cybernetic arm recently, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.