main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Voices of the Past

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mekial, Feb 14, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Happy New Year!

Three days later

Obi-Wan eased into his blue pajamas. He was exhausted. They had been running tests on him all week. He felt like a lab rat. His head was pounding from all of the instruments and equipment that had poked and pinched him.

He threw back the blanket and sank into his bed. He closed his eyes for a few moments before the soft pitter-patter sound of footsteps came into his room. He didn't bother to open his eyes. It wasn't like he would be able to see anyway.

"Master?" he asked.

"I thought you were asleep," Qui-Gon said, continuing his walk to his apprentice's bed. " Are you alright?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "I'm tired. I hate being used like an animal to run tests and experiments on."

"The healers have never seen a case like yours." Qui-Gon replied. " They want to know whats wrong with you so if they ever encounter another case like yours they will be able to treat it."

"I know, I know. But I just wonder if there is anything at all that can be done. It seems to me that they've performed every kind of experiment possible."

Qui-Gon chuckled. " It's all for your own good. It'll be worth it when they restore your eyesight."

"If they can restore my eyesight" Obi-Wan corrected.

Qui-Gon was silent.

"I think you should get some sleep." he said finally.

Obi-Wan rolled over and arranged his pillow. He heard his Master walk out of his room, and the click of the light in his room turning off. He gave a less-then-contented sigh and drifted off to sleep.

A man appeared. He was dressed in blue robes and had a golden turban resting on the top of his bald head. His gray-white beard hung down past his knees, and his brown eyes sparkled. He opened his mouth and started to speak.

"Greetings, Obi-Wan Kanobi. I am the Jedi Master Rhutar Yicall. I have been sent here to give you a very important message. You must go on a mission, and you must go alone. On the planet Corulag in the Perlemian Trade Route there are three children. You must help them. There is a feud going between them, and the feud most be resolved to ensure safety in that Star system. You must contact Laban Prose'. She will not know you, she will not welcome you. But you must help her if your mission is to be successful. She will help you find out about the Voices of the Past that are causing your loss of sight. If you succeed, she will tell you how to overcome them and thus regain your sight. But if you fail, Obi-Wan Kanobi, you will not regain your sight, but will lose your hearing. You do not have a choice in this matter. If you do not follow my instructions, you will suffer this fate. Tell no one about me. I will appear to you as needed to give you more detailed instructions. May the force be with you."

And with that final word he disappeared into the blackness.

???

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 01-01-2000).]

2. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    And he has to do it alone? Well... looks like Obi-Wan's in a bit of a pickle now. It'll be really, really interesting to how this unfolds.

3. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Feedback needed!

Obi-Wan shot up from his bed. Again? Another dream? He rubbed his forehead, agitated. This was too weird.

Of course, this one had a point. That other one was just weird. But what did the old guy mean?

He couldn't really want him to do that! He was blind. It was impossible. Maybe if Qui-Gon could come with him...no, he didn't believe in his last dream, what made him think that his Master would believe him this time? No, the weird guy did make some sense, he couldn't tell Qui-Gon. But there was no way he could go. There was no way he would go.

"You hear that?" Obi-Wan said out loud. "I can't. Won't. Case closed."

He slammed his hand down on the sheets. Wait a minute... He did it again. Nothing. He couldn't hear! Just like the old guy said. This was not good. He would have to surrender to the old mans wishes if he didn't want to be totally oblivious to the outside world. He was going to regret this.

"Okay, you win. I give up!"

In an instant his hearing returned. Obi-Wan let out a long sigh. He obviously didn't have any choice. Just like that bearded man had said.

He had better hurry. He had things to do. He needed to get out of there by dawn.

?

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 01-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 01-03-2000).]

4. Jim

Jim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1998
    Cybernetic arm, eh? Sounds like some interesting stuff going on over there..

I'd like to revisit some of the material we've discussed in various threads, so I'm going to create a new Jedi thread to get it all going again so we don't have to wade through several topics of dozens of posts each...

5. Innst Lo Bi

Innst Lo Bi Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 1999
    AB,

I've tried a couple of times to follow that link you posted that's the new home of the Jedi Handbook in HTML but to no avail. Any chance of checking it and getting back to me?

Thanks

6. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Hey! Were'd everybody go?

7. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Found on page 3.

Uuuuuuuuuuup!

8. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Well written. Very believable emotions and reactions. Post! Post! We are reading!

9. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    It's too bad he can't take Qui-Gon with to see for him, but Obi-Wan ought to be fine as long as he avoids certain locations:
    *stuck in an underground parking ramp, Obi-Wan runs into a concrete pillar*
    "Ouch!"
    *moves away and runs into another pillar*
    "Dang it! Why can't I see?"
    *goes in the other direction and runs into yet another pillar*
    "Stupid guy...I'll Voices of the Past him...."

10. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    LOL!

"Aye, laddy, I dun' mean to pry none, but what are yer' thoughts on? Ya seem ta be awful dazed like."

Obi-Wan smiled at his pilot. "It's nothing, Murray. I'm just bored."

Murray chuckled."Or ya jest wanna keep yer' thoughts to yerself. I understand, laddie."

Obi-Wan grinned and mentally thanked the man. He was worried about his voyage, where he was going to stay and what he was going to eat. He hadn't brought much money. Normally, he could of easily made some extra cash. But he was not normal, not by a long shot.

He mentally kicked himself. He had to believe. He had to, or he would not succeed. He needed to trust his abilities. He had found a pilot, hadn't he?

It had taken only a minute to find Murray. The kind old man had offered him passage to the planet for free. The young Jedi wondered if he just didn't want to be alone on the trip to Corulag. It was a short ride, but the silence of hyperspace could drive a person insane.

"We be arrivin' in fie' minutes. Ya best be gatherin' up yer things."

Obi-Wan smiled. He had no things. Just instructions from a man he had never seen before. And a glimmer of hope that he might succeed and regain his eyesight.

Qui-Gon strode into his apprentice's room. "Obi-Wan Kanobi," he scolded. "I've never known you to sleep so late. You missed breakfast. Get out of bed. We have some training to do."

He looked at Obi-Wan's already made bed. His robe was gone from it's usual spot on the peg, and his lightsaber was gone too. Was he already up?

Usually he met his Master in the hall. But today, Qui-Gon had waited for over half and hour, and his apprentice still hadn't shown. He wouldn't have gone anywhere without telling him first, would he? A thought struck the Jedi Master, a thought he wished he had never had...

What if a Voice of the Past had gotten hold of him again?

A chill ran up his spine. It was possible. Qui-Gon shook the thought. First he needed to see if anyone had seen him. He ventured out into the hall. He had better start looking.

Four hours later

Qui-Gon sat with Yoda, his heart heavy. After hours of searching, he had found no sign of his Padawan. Neither had anyone else. They had broadcast his picture and identity all over Coruscant, but nothing had been found yet.

"Alive he is, Qui-Gon." Yoda said, as if reading his worst fears.

Qui-Gon nodded. "I have felt him. But he doesn't seem to be in distress. I don't have any idea what could have happend to him except..."

"Hmm... Had thought, I have."

"Doesn't anybody know what those "Voices" things are?"

Yoda looked at him. "Searched with no reply we have."

Qui-Gon sighed. There was nothing he could do about it, no use worrying. But he was. He was very worried.

11. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Fourth page?

Up.

12. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Bravo, Mekial!
    I love this story!
    (And blindness is a word).

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    You asked for what people think- here's what I think:
    POST MORE!

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Zikes!

This is fascinating. Come on, let's have some more!

15. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    O, I guess I've been neglecting this thread. I'll post more in a few days.

16. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    mmmPost!

17. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    Doko ni imasu ka.

Where are you?

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    One thing I noticed... If no one knows what these "Voices of the Past" are, how did Yoda know that Obi-wan had been visited by one? Not a big deal, just maybe something that could be further explored in the story. This is great, Mekial. I can't wait for you next post!

19. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    good story! Please post some more!!!

20. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Obi-Wan stepped out of his transport. A huge gust of wind nearly knocked him over. It was unlike anything he had ever felt on Coruscant. He could hear thunder in the distance. A storm. Great. And if this storm was only just starting... He shivered at the thought. Eyes were not needed in order to see the present danger he would be in if he didn't get indoors soon.

He called out, hoping someone, anyone, would answer. But his voice was lost in the howling wind. Yelling was hopeless. He would have to feel his way to a building, and hope the occupants wanted company.

He put out his arms and started walking in a direction he hoped was right. After he had walked several meters, he turned and went in another direction. He followed that pattern, but found nothing. Soon he was lost, hopelessly lost. This was not good. A blind man. A storm. Unfamiliar territory. Definitely not a good mix.

Your eyes, the force will be

Obi-Wan bit his lip. Now was as good a time as any to test out his new "eyes." He tried several different things several different times, but couldn't see anything. For once, Yoda had been wrong. He sat down. A sharp pain in his rear told of an object under him. He picked it up and threw it, and heard a muffled thump. Wait a minute... He felt around for another rock. He threw it in the same direction. There, again, was a thump. The only problem was, he couldn't make out exactly which way it had come from. Wait... If he could use the force as a "rock" he might be able to figure out which way to go.

He gathered the force around him, but it was reluctant to work with him. He was too frightened. He calmed his mind. Once again, he drew the force. This time it came like a rushing river. Now he knew what Yoda had meant. He needed to gather it, send it out to find the objects, and come back to tell him where to go. He didn't mean he could actually see.

Excited at his new found "eyes" he sent out the force. He felt it move out in all directions. He felt it hit an object just to the left of him. There. He moved in that direction. He walked a few yards and extened his hand. He felt...a tree. Of all things, a tree.

Disgusted, he turned the other direction. There had to be another building around here somewhere. Murray was a strange old man, but he wouldn't land in the middle of nowwhere, would he? Murray. He hadn't felt the old man since... He turned and ran in the direction he thought his ship had been in, the wind tearing at his clothing. He ran for meters. Nothing was there. Murray had abandoned him.

He sat down once again. Great. He had come to the middle of nowhere to meet someone he didn't know, because some strange guy had told him too? What kind of Jedi was he? He shook the thought. He needed to concentrate on the moment. All through his search for shelter, the wind had been screaming, and the thunder booming.

Suddenly, he heard a sound, a sound he never thought he would hear out where ever he was. A train. A...freight train? It was getting closer. He...a bad feeling, a really bad feeling struck him. This was no freight train, this was a...

TORNADO

21. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Yay! A new post!

22. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Jedi Tamara

Jedi Tamara Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 1999
    Wow! This is fabulous! More, please, more!

24. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    Murray left blind little Obi-Wan in the middle of a storm complete with tornadoes?

*ignites lightsaber*

25. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    JOWK? What are YOU doing here? Get over to your thread and POST SOMETHING!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.