main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Voices" Post-Destiny's Way fanfic! Updated with shameless J/J mush-fest

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedishellyskywalker, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Glad you enjoyed, jacen200015!
    I should have another post up within a day or so! I'll PM you when I do, but keep checking back in the meantime, and give me an UP every now and then!

Thanks, I appreciate it!
    Shelly
    :D

2. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    WOW! Page 2! I never thought I'd see the day!

3. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Yeah! 2 pages for Shelly!

Hey you know I've never thought about Luke sympathizing with Tahiri, but it really fits. they both lost so much... :D

Excellent update Shelly!

::UP DANCE::

EJ

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i hope things get better for tahiri. good, long post, shelly :D

~aeryn

5. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    EJ! Thank you, you know I luv ya!!! :D

AERYN: Thanks so much for the praise! I can't get enough of it! :D

Shelly

PS: I gotta go now! I'll try to check back in later, so keep the comments coming in!!!
    JSS

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  7. aelie

aelie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2003
    ::bump::

8. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    up dance....

EJ

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
  10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Very nice postie! I'm impressed!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

11. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Thanks for all the praise, ups and bumps everyone! I'm so thrilled! Here's another decent-sized post as a reward for being such super readers!

CHAPTER 4:

"Glad you could join us, Lieutenant Colonel Solo!" said General Wedge Antilles as Jaina entered the crowded briefing room on Mon Calamari. It was a gentle reminder that this wasn't the first time that she had turned up late at a meeting in recent weeks. Jaina never intended being late, quite the contrary in fact. She always planned the training sessions for Twin Suns squadron carefully, thus ensuring that she had plenty of time to get scrubbed up and to arrive promptly at each of these regular meetings for the command staff and the various squadron leaders on Mon Cal. The problem was that once a training exercise started Jaina completely and utterly lost track of time.

Even though the pilots in the squadron she was in charge of, Twin Suns, were among the best that the Galactic Alliance had to offer, there always seemed to be a limitless supply of small, niggling faults in their performance for Jaina to iron out. She knew that she had started to gain a reputation of being something of a slave driver amongst the pilots, but Jaina didn't care. She knew that mistakes made by a starfighter pilot, no matter how minute, could prove to be fatal in battle. She figured that if her pilots didn't get into the habit of being sloppy during training simulations then they were less likely to make errors of judgement in real combat. Her reputation was small price to pay for her pilots' lives.

Jaina apologized to the General then sank down into a seat near the back of the room, trying to be as discreet as possible (not an easy task for the daughter of two of the galaxy's best-known heroes). She paid keen attention to what Wedge was saying for several minutes, but once she came to the conclusion that that it was all concerning procedure,
    "Remember, you have to have make sure to fill out your updated unit rosters and submit them to my office by the day after tomorrow. They should be accompanied by evaluations of the individual pilots' performances and they?"
    Jaina rapidly lost any modicum of interest she had initially felt in what Antilles had to say. She allowed her eyes to drift out of focus, and slumped back in her chair.

As far as Jaina Solo was concerned, procedure was a necessary evil, but a mind-numbingly boring one. She had certainly inherited her father, Han Solo's feelings about bureaucracy along with his lopsided smile and talent at mechanics. Jaina knew what Wedge Antilles was going to tell them anyway. Procedure never changed. If it did change constantly it wouldn't BE procedure, after all! Jaina had heard all this information about promptly filing reports many, many times before. It was by this stage very monotonous. Jaina allowed her mind to wander?

Reflecting over that day's training exercise, Jaina mulled over the deficiencies of her pilots. They were all talented, certainly, and good at their jobs, but Jaina always encouraged them to improve their flying. She tried to make them become more than "good" pilots. She was convinced that with enough practice, they could become great, maybe even exceptional pilots. Jaina pushed herself every single day to improve her skills, and expected her pilots to follow her example.

That day, Jaina had been very frustrated with a young human pilot by the name of Relandi Gaeilge. Relandi, one of the newest recruits to Twin Suns squadron, was a decent pilot considering that she was barely eighteen years of age. Unfortunately, Relandi had one major flaw in her piloting; an experienced pilot could predict her with ease. When given a choice in direction, Relandi would choose to go left almost 85% of the time, a huge percentage. Jaina, remembering how Jagged Fel had encouraged her to be less predictable herself in the skies over Borleias, had pointed out this fault to Relandi, as gently as possible. It had then taken over two hours after the rest of the squadron had finished their exerci

12. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    C'mon people!!! Come and READ!!!

13. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    jag and jaina reunited? :D [does a little happy dance]

~aern

14. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Yes, AERYN! J and J all the way!

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Oh, my. That is really good. I can't wait to see who that envoy includes. (Jaina please!!!) Is Jag in the Unknown Regions with the Chiss or is he doing what they said he was doing during Destiny's Way? I think it's sad that Tahiri will never get to have a baby with Anakin. His dying was like a whole part of her life being taken away from her.

16. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This looks promisingly. I'll be sure to check it again! Good job so far!!!

17. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Good post. :)

18. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, nice story JSS, great work :) Really promising :)

Ben and Tahiri. Awwww, that was so sweet [face_love]

J/J reunion! *joins Aeryn´s little happy dance* :D

~Arissa

19. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Great post JSS! I can't wait for the J/J reunion....::squirms impatiently:: I wanna see some J/J mush!!! Keep up the awesome work! :D

~Jedi Master Jaina

20. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Ooooh, new readers!!! Welcome...

At the current stage of this story, Jag is out doing his own thing with his Chiss squadron (ie: what he was doing in DW).

Did I hear a request for Jaina/Jag mush? I'm a sucker for that kinda thing so I'll see what I can do!

Thanks for all the nice comments! More soon, I promise...

Shelly

21. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    He, he heeeee! I just thought of a GREAT plot idea...

22. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Did I hear a request for Jaina/Jag mush?

YES YES !!!!

Mush mush mush [face_love]

~Arissa

23. JediMasterJaina

May 19, 2003
    Yes! [face_love] Lots and lots of J/J mush!!!! [face_love]

You can never have enough of that! Can't wait to hear your GREAT plot idea....he he he...

~Jedi Master Jaina

24. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Yes, mush is very good! One of the major reasons behind my deciding to write a fanfic of my own (besides my great love of fine literature, of course! :D ) is the ability to write as much as I want about Jag!
    *swoons*

25. JediMasterJaina

May 19, 2003
    *swoons at the thought of J/J mush*

YAY!!!

~Jedi Master Jaina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.